• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
hH14NBr.gif

That time where De Gea wasn't top five GK.

I remember people questioning is ability to be GK at United's level.

How things changed since then...

tomtom94

It's also easier to shine when you have good quality around you. Lukaku might well struggle aswell as he had a lot of decent balls fed to him at Everton, he won't get that at UTD

I don't understand this, unless you mean that the team played around him at Everton and they won't at United.

Pogba really disappointed me tonight. His decision making was very poor at times.

Lukaku doesn't seem to be the brightest, I worry about his all round ability. Though his goalscoring will be fantastic, I'm sure.

Despite being shown to be levels behind madrid, im still optimistic of our domestic challenge this season.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I watched the whole thing. It's crazy how many of those goals were in his first season.

Best Liverpool kit, best hair, best striker. What a man.

CP4369021.jpg

Such a shame Black GokuTorres turned up and ruined everything

Some of those names Riera, Aquilani, Voronin... God, Liverpool have had so many more dross players than gems.

He was insane that year, only Ronaldo was better than him IMO. He was frequently injured the following 2 seasons and never managed to recapture that form.

OCD Guy

I don't understand this, unless you mean that the team played around him at Everton and they won't at United.

He had better balls played to him at Everton.

The only player that really puts crosses in is Valencia for example. Who else at UTD does? Darmian barely gets forward, Shaw is hated by Mourinho (and inconsistent) and Blind isn't that sort of player.

Out on the wings the likes of Lingard, and Rashford don't really offer that type of play.

Also at Everton teams often played a high line against them, so it was easy for them to counter attack. The dynamic will be completely different at UTD as most teams will sit really deep.

I'm calling it now, he will NOT have a successful season at UTD.

The only real hope is Pogba comes alive and feeds him lot's of balls.

Jarnet87

Lindelof looked lost out there, I hope he adjusts quickly to the Prem or Jose will be looking for another CB in the summer.

Syder

He was fantastic to watch. The only Liverpool player I ever liked. However he was not even close to the best No. 9 ever.
I mean, there have been many more No. 9s that put up better numbers but in his prime, and it was a very short time, he was the most entertaining to watch for me, personally. I can't think of many others that come close on that particular level, he made finishing an absolute art form.

Other shout-outs to Gabriel Batistuta, O Fenômeno Ronaldo de Lima, Alan Shearer, Luca Toni, Filippo Inzaghi and Dimitar Berbatov.

So, I am in town and have the ability to get to Liverpool this weekend if I change my travel plans around a bit.

I understand they are playing Watford. Two questions:

1) What are my chances of getting a match day scalped ticket?

and

2) since I have no rooting interest (but default to Liverpool cause they are the home team) should I say I am rooting for Liverpool so I am not seated in the Watford sections?

Thanks in advance!

Also, I have never been to a Premier League match as I am Murican.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
So, I am in town and have the ability to get to Liverpool this weekend if I change my travel plans around a bit.

and

2) since I have no rooting interest (but default to Liverpool cause they are the home team) should I say I am rooting for Liverpool so I am not seated in the Watford sections?

Thanks in advance!

The game isn't in Liverpool. Also away tickets are usually reserved for the away teams fan clubs and are a bit more difficult to come by, so if you did scalp a ticket there would only a small chance it's in the away section.

He had better balls played to him at Everton.

The only player that really puts crosses in is Valencia for example. Who else at UTD does? Darmian barely gets forward, Shaw is hated by Mourinho (and inconsistent) and Blind isn't that sort of player.

Out on the wings the likes of Lingard, and Rashford don't really offer that type of play.

Also at Everton teams often played a high line against them, so it was easy for them to counter attack. The dynamic will be completely different at UTD as most teams will sit really deep.

I'm calling it now, he will NOT have a successful season at UTD.

The only real hope is Pogba comes alive and feeds him lot's of balls.

I’m tempted to agree. And Mourinho isn’t the type of manager that brings the best out of mediocre players offensively.

ManU should have gone for a fast footed clinical finisher, instead they got Zlatan 0.7. I guess Mkhitaryan was an assist master back in the day - hopefully he can find his form.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?

and

Thanks in advance!

well, they're playing in Watford...

Perfection.

OCD Guy

I'm tempted to agree. And Mourinho isn't the type of manager that brings the best out of mediocre players offensively.

ManU should have gone for a fast footed clinical finisher, instead they got Zlatan 0.7. I guess Mkhitaryan was an assist master back in the day - hopefully he can find his form.

Exactly.

I actually think out of the 3 big forward transfers so far, Morata, Lukaku and Lacazette, it'll be Lacazette that get's the most goals.

I know it's far too early to tell but Morata has looked terrible so far, and I can just see him not adapting to the Premier league. He is a good player though, but I just think he's going to flop over here.

I can see Lacazette really taking to the Premier league though..

I'm looking forward to the season starting though. Would love to see the reactions if Man City have yet another season winning nothing, as they're spending serious amounts of cash, they have absolutely shit loads of attacking talent, and a "top" manager. I can see Ederson flopping though...

Oh and how could I forget that I want a few disastrous Arsenal results so Arsenal fan tv is enjoyable to watch again lol...

edit: Another "prediction". Conte will get the sack this season...

weekev

Banned
Exactly.

I actually think out of the 3 big forward transfers so far, Morata, Lukaku and Lacazette, it'll be Lacazette that get's the most goals.

I know it's far too early to tell but Morata has looked terrible so far, and I can just see him not adapting to the Premier league.

I can see Lacazette really taking to the Premier league though..

I'm looking forward to the season starting though. Would love to see the reactions if Man City have yet another season winning nothing, as they're spending serious amounts of cash, they have absolutely shit loads of attacking talent, and a "top" manager.
I would take an Avatar bet that Lukaku will score more than those 2 barring injury.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Amazing, added.

Can you send me just the cutout of Fellini without the background/text for future use?

I could if I saved the psd :(

the one above is better anyway. A lot of the faults are hidden when you scale it down (it also helped that the background colours were quite similar)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom