• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Audioboxer

Matic setting him free of his defensive duties has really shown his qualities.

6oyS1uv.gif

NHale

I think people need to start paying attention to the fact that Fellaini's contract expires at the end of the season. While everyone is focusing on Sanchez contract situation, Fellaini needs to be resigned as soon as possible before the sharks can sign for free in January.

After the world class performance today, I'm sure Ed Woodward will offer him a fresh 5 year contract first thing tomorrow.

Audioboxer

I think people need to start paying attention to the fact that Fellaini's contract expires at the end of the season. While everyone is focusing on Sanchez contract situation, Fellaini needs to be resigned as soon as possible before the sharks can sign for free in January.

After the world class performance today, I'm sure Ed Woodward will offer him a fresh 5 year contract first thing tomorrow.

image.php

This ain't Wenger bro

What is the problem with Pogba then? Is he being played out of position or just playing shit? Didn't watch a lot of games last season so I'm legit curious.

OCD Guy

Most overrated midfielder currently.

I think he's clearly very good technically. But he has made a bad decision playing under Mourinho.

Pogba needs a more advanced and free role.

What is the problem with Pogba then? Is he being played out of position or just playing shit? Didn't watch a lot of games last season so I'm legit curious.

Like most players under Mourinho, he's asked to do a lot defensively. Some thought Matic would be a good idea, as a more holding midfielder could give Pogba more freedom to get forward. But Mourinho wants his whole team to sit deep.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I think he's clearly very good technically. But he has made a bad decision playing under Mourinho.

Pogba needs a more advanced and free role.

He has played very freely in this game though, especially in the first half. He was practically AM then with Matic and Herrera assuming the defensive duties.

Kill3r7

He plays better with France in a similar setup to tonight 4-3-3. Pogba shined with Juve but they played 3-5-2 and he was not asked to carry the team or be a creative force.

It is pretty funny that Fellaini genuinely makes Utd more of a threat going forward.

He is a legitimate threat in the box and his linkup play is underrated.

OCD Guy

He has played very freely in this game though, especially in the first half. He was practically AM then.

The biggest issue with him is he's very inconsistent, and get's easily annoyed. He acts as a free spirit off the pitch, but to me during matches it seems as though missed passes, shots etc affect him.

It's also easier to shine when you have good quality around you. Lukaku might well struggle aswell as he had a lot of decent balls fed to him at Everton, he won't get that at UTD.

I can not see this team winning the premiership, like at all.

The likes of Liverpool are far more dangerous going forward, just a shame they're terrible at the back.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
The biggest issue with him is he's very inconsistent, and get's easily annoyed. He acts as a free spirit off the pitch, but to me during matches it seems as though missed passes, shots etc affect him.

Maybe he should try more often some safe passes when he has two open teammates instead of shooting from an impossible position. That should give him more confidence.

Tubie

I think Pogba would do a lot better in Zidane's Madrid playing Isco's position.

But I think Isco is actually better than him at that tho lol.

OCD Guy

Maybe he should try more often some safe passes when he has two open teammates instead of shooting from an impossible position. That should give him more confidence.

It's as if he wants to validate his price tag to people. He has got a good long shot on him, and can pass well, but his decision making (as you say) is shit.

I would say that will come with age, but he's not that young anymore. He should be hitting the peak years of his career soon.

Kill3r7

I think Pogba would do a lot better in Zidane's Madrid playing Isco's position.

But I think Isco is actually better than him at that tho lol.

He wouldn't be that good in such an advanced position. At RM he would fill in for Modric or Kroos.

DBT85

Against teams with more threat has to do his defensive duties so has to sit back.

Anyone who can't see glimpses of his talent hasn't got eyes, but he's inconsistent and can play 5 worldies and then miss 3 short easy no pressure passes, then complains about it.

Zasa

Crazy how well Matic played, on a huge stage no less, & has been at Man U for less than a month.

...vs the best midfield in football on top of that.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Anyone else watching Sky Sports? Alan Pardew actually can't speak English.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
First one is always first week of September and October.

1 Sep - World Cup Qualifier
Malta vs England 19:45
4 Sep - World Cup Qualifier
England vs Slovakia 19:45

Too soon. Well, we get three football weekends plus Liverpool struggling in CL playoff by then, so plenty of fun.

Syder

The fact he's still our record signing is a haunting reminder of both our past and current failings.
Getting 45m for Torres and then turning around and spending 35 of it on Andy Carroll is the most Liverpool thing to ever happen.

Hilarious that neither of those transfers worked out.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Getting 45m for Torres and then turning around and spending 35 of it on Andy Carroll is the most Liverpool thing to ever happen.

Hilarious that neither of those transfers worked out.

It was 50M we got for Torres. On the bright side we got Suarez at the same time and managed to get the guts of 20M back for Carroll. Still, a disasterous transfer. So short sighted.

Also his ponytail was well shit.

Markitron

Ah yeah. I forgot it doesn't count if it's not up front! We should have paid more up front just to rid ourselves of the embarrassment lol.

Didn't you hear? We're breaking our record twice this window. Record breaking window. We're finally competing at the top of the market. Just wait. Keita, VVD, Mbappe. All in the next week.

We have been lied to AGAIN. They will sell Phil for 100M and not spend it on anyone, because there is no one to spend it on. Negative net spend yet again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom