• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syder

PL clubs probably still have bad habits from colonization. Between them they pay this ridiculous fees then go to poorer clubs offer 60% of the release clause and go behind the clubs and offer outrageous wages to the players so they pressure the club to sell. I like West Ham as a club, amazing fans, great stadium, but fuck them. Pay the clause or at least near it.
mErz3_f-thumbnail-100-0.jpg

because France, Spain and Portugal never colonised anywhere, did they?

Corbec

Neo Member
I'll refer you to Lunar on the last page:

As for this:

Well what do you want them to do? VVD fucked up due to people at the club, not the owners. Keita was always going to be a no go. And you can't criticise them for the Coutinho saga when we don't know how it's going to end. Going back on their statement this morning would be a bad look though.

Like what else do you want from them? They could throw a bunch of money at a 'statement' signing but if it isn't somebody Klopp actually wants it's just dick waving.

Ta!

Fady K

We have like 6 healthy players and the rest are held together by sticks and mud.

I was so optimistic at the start of the offseason but injuries and our board thinking a paper-thin squad would cut it has me way down :<

It's been ages mate how have you been? End of last season it looked so promising. Injuries is one thing, squad depth is another. How we are one day away from our first league game with 3-4 players less than the minimum is crazy in itself. How did the club not prepare for this? Thankfully, the window closes in another 3 or so weeks.

Ken Adams

Well, bud, I asked who the best manager in the world was and got a ton of different responses.

Point being it's nearly impossible to figure out who the absolute best is. If you have won the CL then you're one of the best, no question in my mind. Plenty of very talented teams have failed to do so.

Well clearly you cant seem to read your own original reply to lashley that i quoted. I never responded to your best manager in the world post. But lets move on.

I don't believe for a second he's unhappy with his role or klopp. I do believe he's just taking his opportunity to join Barca like any sane person would. Best of luck Phil &#128549;

Beefy

Coutinho has total respect for LFC but frustrated at role in team. Family member says he's aggrieved at way he's been treated by Klopp

Coutinho family member also says problems have been brewing behind the scenes between Coutinho & Klopp for past six months

@SkyKaveh

He doing a Van Dijk

Carl2291

In all seriousness, the best manager in the world is probably Mourinho.

Mourinho has won 8 league titles, with 4 teams in 4 different leagues. Eight domestic trophies. 4 major European trophies, 2 CL and 2 EL.

Kyoufu

I'd like to see Mourinho take an average team without infinite funds to great heights, until then I don't really consider him to be the best.

In all seriousness, the best manager in the world is probably Mourinho.

Mourinho has won 8 league titles, with 4 teams in 4 different leagues. Eight domestic trophies. 4 major European trophies, 2 CL and 2 EL.

By finishing 6th and winning two trophies with Manchester United he also showed he can achieve great things with midtable teams. Mourinho really is the total package.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Jack Colback banished from 1st-team set-up after training-ground row & looks to have played last game for NUFC

At Emirates. #afc team: Cech, Holding, Monreal, Kolasinac; Bellerin, Elneny, Xhaka, Oxlade-Chamberlain; Ozil, Welbeck; Lacazette.

Leciester: XI: Schmeichel, Simpson, Morgan (c), Maguire, Fuchs, Mahrez, Ndidi, James, Albrighton, Okazaki, Vardy.

Not with the way Ancelotti is handling Bayern he isn't. Definitely agree that Pep is a cunt.

Carlo will know there is always a space at Stamford Bridge for him to be Conte's assistant :)
Or replace him when he leaves

If anyone is a cunt it's clearly Mourinho.

Dude keeps winning though. Pep last season was glorious, not a classy bone in that guys body

Also, someone tell Wengy to stop playing Ox so he moves across London to us. Dont want him getting injured before he comes

I prefer old Mourinho to new Mourinho. Before he was quite entertaining and his teams played some entertaining stuff. Now he's just a sour cunt and plays some pretty boring football.

Jack Colback banished from 1st-team set-up after training-ground row & looks to have played last game for NUFC

At Emirates. #afc team: Cech, Holding, Monreal, Kolasinac; Bellerin, Elneny, Xhaka, Oxlade-Chamberlain; Ozil, Welbeck; Lacazette.

Leciester: XI: Schmeichel, Simpson, Morgan (c), Maguire, Fuchs, Mahrez, Ndidi, James, Albrighton, Okazaki, Vardy.

Is there more drama in the league this summer or am I being bias since Pool have been the epicentre of most of it?

Also Mourinho still holds the record for most points in a PL campaign with 95 and 15 (!!) goals against. That's one hell of an achievement in my opinion.

DBT85

Mou has won in 4 different leagues and has always won the league in his second season. I don't think it'll happen this time, but he's clearly a driving force behind his players when things are ticking along.

United have been a mess of a team since before Fergie even left. In that last season, everyone else was just pure shit, not unlike the Leicester season.

Just the other day someone here said United should be happy to get top 4. Not sure what that means if he wins the league with this "underwhelming" (not my words) squad.

Best manager is Pochettino

I do think that the best manager in PL is Pochettino.

Zidane, Allegeri, and Simeone are probably all achieving more with their resources taken into account though

Until Poch wins something he really can't be included in the top mangers list. And that list includes Mou and Pep without any shadow of a doubt.

If he wins the leage with this Spurs team and after spending, comparatively, nothing, then he gets some points.

Gastone

I prefer old Mourinho to new Mourinho. Before he was quite entertaining and his teams played some entertaining stuff. Now he's just a sour cunt and plays some pretty boring football.

Agreed. I mean, i hate Mourinho, but i prefer his "in your face" attitude and funny antics from earlier. And as you say..now he's just a sad, miserable whiney bag of ding dongs

When he gets the squad he wants the entertaining Mou will appear again. Always sour until he is confident.

TrueBlue

Yeah. I think Madrid changed him. Even before that awful third season with Chelsea, something felt off.

Still love him though.

MrS

Banned
The guy is a monster and i'd take him back at Chelsea if the managers seat was empty in a heartbeat.

Title is United's to lose this season
Hahaha what? They'll be lucky to finish top 4 with that squad, kid. City are favourites, much to your chagrin.

Zasa

Agreed. I mean, i hate Mourinho, but i prefer his "in your face" attitude and funny antics from earlier. And as you say..now he's just a sad, miserable whiney bag of ding dongs

Mou can still be hilarious though, &#8216;I could answer in many different ways but I'm not willing to lose my hair to speak about Antonio Conte.'

He did kill my dog :(
Fair enough, no one likes a dog killer

Hahaha what? They'll be lucky to finish top 4 with that squad, kid.

Matic will be great for them, Lukaku will be too, they still need to do some things in defence but I think Mou will get them going and their new signings plus Pog, a fit again Zlatan (eventually, when he re-signs), players like Rashford, they'll be able to push on.

Jose knows the league, hes a winner and hes a great manager. If not then he'll get sacked so either I was right or he'll be unemployed which I will be happy about, haha.

tomtom94

I don't quite understand why Benitez has banished Krul and Colback while bringing De Jong back into the fold, but I'm not at all surprised by this. I wonder if he might go back to Sunderland.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom