• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrS

Banned
lol

United and City are definitely the two big favourites for the title this year.
Chelsea will come closer than Utd. Maybe Arsenal too. Arsenal should be good with an out and out striker like Lacazette, something they've been sorely missing for years.

People who call others "kid" when they're likely younger than that person grinds my gears.
Happy for you
kid

Spurs & Chelsea still have better full strength starting XIs than United.

Spurs don't have any depth in their squad and Chelsea's is also severely lacking. So as much as I hate to say it I don't think Chelsea will challenge for the title this year. I'm also doubtful about Morata being an upgrade over Costa.

Beefy

Until Poch wins something he really can't be included in the top mangers list. And that list includes Mou and Pep without any shadow of a doubt.

If he wins the leage with this Spurs team and after spending, comparatively, nothing, then he gets some points.

I saw how he had Saints playing and it was brilliant. As soon as he gets to a bigger team that splashes the cash he then will show how good he is. Even at Spurs he has made them brilliant.

https://twitter.com/nikicornish/status/896062059623796737

At least the rest of the squad seems to be in good spirits. Gini's smile makes me melt to be honest.

But Coutinho said Klopp is a big meany. :(

Syder

Spurs don't have any depth in their squad and Chelsea's is also severely lacking. So as much as I hate to say it I don't think Chelsea will challenge for the title this year.
I know but being the CL didn't hurt Spurs that much last year. I'm just mentioning that despite dropping a ton of cash United's first XI isn't that great, it's better than last year but I still prefer Spurs' and Chelsea's.

I know but being the CL didn't hurt Spurs that much last year. I'm just mentioning that despite dropping a ton of cash United's first XI isn't that great, it's better than last year but I still prefer Spurs' and Chelsea's.

Oh yeah I agree. My point is more that United can't keep getting away with playing the underdog after spending so much money year after year.

Dunno why so many people fancy City so much, they still have two or three potential disaster zones in their keeper (the new one might be good tho idk), centre back is still very iffy for them and their central midfield options are either old or rarely fit (or shite in the case of Delph).

I fancy Chelsea for the title (I'd rather Uniitec won it but I'm not holding my breath). and below them, fuck knows what's gonna happen.

https://twitter.com/nikicornish/status/896062059623796737

At least the rest of the squad seems to be in good spirits. Gini's smile makes me melt to be honest.

They've probably been in the loop of Coutinho being iffy on staying for a while, might not actually be a big shock to them.

Wonder where Firmino is in all this. Then again they might not be as good friends as we think, he's a major party boy and Coutinho really isn't.

Moreno is probably shrunk in a corner because he hates it when his friends fight.

Wonder where Firmino is in all this. Then again they might not be as good friends as we think, he's a major party boy and Coutinho really isn't.

Moreno is probably shrunk in a corner because he hates it when his friends fight.

Now we're reaching towards speculation city 2000. But we could see Firmino hanging out with Salah and Mane a lot during the pre season. Was there a crack in the relationship there already???

Fucking hell... lmao

Syder

Oh yeah I agree. My point is more that United can't keep getting away with playing the underdog after spending so much money year after year.
Definitely. Mourinho can say "3 trophies" all he wants but last year was a failure.

Not winning or not finishing as close runner-up this year is a big failure this year.

Beefy

Moreno is decided on his next mess of a hair cut

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Conte manages to get maximum out of average players, which makes him a great manager in my opinion. Just look at Italy under him, it was maybe the worst Italy on paper in a long time and he managed to make it play wonderfully. He took a Chelsea that had a terrible season before and make it champion without outlandish new signings.

I think Zidane will also be a great coach or at least a coach with clear tactical ideas and with an own style (which I don't personally like, but it's very efficient), so I think he will do well also at a club without so many big stars, like Real.

Mourinho seems rather broken after Real for whatever reason.

Now we're reaching towards speculation city 2000. But we could see Firmino hanging out with Salah and Mane a lot during the pre season. Was there a crack in the relationship there already???

Fucking hell... lmao

Listen the social links between our players are paramount to our success in the league. I reckon we need to shower Phil in gifts so we can build the relationship meter again.

Lunar FC

Squad for week 1.

AbmnZFA.png

spidye

Pep is a known cunt

He actually blamed the doctor for his failings and nearly destroyed thiago's career when he forced him to see his quack friend

He's still a good tactician though

Entropia

No One Remembers
Squad for week 1.

Damn, your subs must be wack

Mines:

Begovic

Keane
Reid
Francis

Son
Mane
Wjinaldum
Alli
Zaha

Ineanacho
Kane

So I'm doing another EPL pool this year... I had no idea what I was doing last year. And I'll likely continue to have no idea what I am doing this year. Going to try and get more active in watching it though.

My Week 1 Lineup:

Heaton

Daniels
Baines
Azpillcueta
Cahill

Sigurdsson
Zaha
Capoue
Redmond

Kane
Firmino

Worth noting that Ornstein's gone on record as saying that Alexis' abdominal injury is real. He's correct on everything else Arsenal, so no reason not to believe him here.

Lunar FC

Damn, your subs must be wack

Mines:

Begovic

Keane
Reid
Francis

Son
Mane
Wjinaldum
Alli
Zaha

Ineanacho
Kane

I like to try to put as much as I can in the starting lineup. My subs are Asmir Begovic, Gareth Barry, Angel Rangel, Bradley Smith. If I can get anything out of a couple of them, id be fine with that.

Banking on another Liverpool strong start, eh?

inb4 Mané, Salah & Firmino injured

Was only going to do Salah and Mane, but thought i'd go all in an hope for a Firmino breakout season.

Beefy

I like to try to put as much as I can in the starting lineup. My subs are Asmir Begovic, Gareth Barry, Angel Rangel, Bradley Smith. If I can get anything out of a couple of them, id be fine with that.

I always like having a striker who is decent who I can bring on if I get a injured midfielder, so I got Austin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom