• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
But just say it out loud. Fraudiola. It's wonderful!

I guess he is supposed to win CL every year now? I think this idea that what he did at Barca doesn't count because he had a great team is ridiculous. Like he just rolled out a 4-4-2 and let them play?

City's squad had huge flaws last year and they were the best team in the PL by xG. If they stay healthy they shouldn win the league but shit happens.

DBT85

Sure. People call him that already despite having one of the best trophy records of 21 trophies in 9 years as a top flight manager. If having one year with no trophies and finishing third makes him a fraud then I feel very sorry for every other manager. Then again certain Bayern fans called him a fraud because he couldn't win them the CL yet won them pretty much everything else.

Every other manager didn't manage Barcelona and then a treble winning Bayern though.

That said, I can't see City not winning something out of the league, the FA cup or the CocaCola cup.

Zasa

Guardiola on the Premier League:

"In terms of economics, in terms of business, it's the best by far. On the pitch the Spanish league is the best by far."

observing.gif

ElyrionX

Has there been any prominent player in recent years who handed in a transfer request in the face of strong interest from another club and got denied?

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Coutinho has total respect for LFC but frustrated at role in team. Family member says he's aggrieved at way he's been treated by Klopp

Coutinho family member also says problems have been brewing behind the scenes between Coutinho & Klopp for past six months

@SkyKaveh

Net negative, while staying competitive - and improving the team/stadium - seems like exactly the sort of thing you'd want to celebrate, particularly after the utter disaster that was the previous owners.

Yeah there's a story floating around that he came to Mellwood to visit as a youth player and was supposed to meet his hero Gerrard. But Gerrard was asleep when he arrived so they did not meet that day :p

He knew Dele was coming but the appointment slipped his mind

Tubie

Coutinho has total respect for LFC but frustrated at role in team. Family member says he's aggrieved at way he's been treated by Klopp

Coutinho family member also says problems have been brewing behind the scenes between Coutinho & Klopp for past six months

@SkyKaveh

Suddenly now theres been issues with Klopp for the past 6 months?

How strange that this only comes up now that Barca is trying to sign him.

Who is the best manager in the world?

For me its between Conte and Diego Simeone.

@SkyKaveh

Weird. What role would he be frustrated at?

Every other manager didn't manage Barcelona and then a treble winning Bayern though.

That said, I can't see City not winning something out of the league, the FA cup or the CocaCola cup.

Pep completely reshaped the squad at Barca and created the spine of the team which they are only now starting to move away from because the players are starting to get old.

Pep to Bayern was probably a bit of a mistake for Bayern because his style was significantly different than the culmination of decades of Bayern's football represented by Heynckes, even though he did have some tactical similarities with using players in certain moulds inspired by Bayern legends like Beckenbauer the football was too different overall. Considering how radically different that team played and how dominant they were it was clear to see his quality as a manger even though certain fans didn't appreciate it.

Just seeing how he got City to play from the start of last season to this pre-season is a huge difference. Plus he taught Sterling how to shoot and stop making stupid decisions, if that isn't an achievement in itself I don't know what is.

Ken Adams

So he can't be the world's best manager because he doesn't manage a lesser squad? That doesn't make sense
Well how the fuck else would u know if he's the best. Managing RM for the rest of his career? Look what happened to pep when he was at barca like the poster above said he was called a messiah and what happened in bayern ask their fans and what happened at city with a lesser squad in his first season. What doesnt make sense here bud.

RocknRola

Expectations for this first Premier League match? Hoping for a good opening match, with lots of goals if possible :)

---

Also, just found out the Portuguese League is making the highlights of the matches availabe online at this site:

http://www.vsports.pt/

Not sure if people from outside the country can watch them, so if any of you could confirm it that'd be great. Pretty cool move by the League.

Loris146

lol @ Conte being called the best coach in the world.

Why not? He won the Serie A the first year with players like Estigarribia , Krasic , Giaccherini, Matri against Milan which was a very good team ( Ibra Thiago Silva, nesta, Seedorf , Gattuso, pato etc ). He did amazing with Italy ( we lost against Germany at the Penalty shootout with an average team ) , and he won the premier league the first year. Even players like Moses are good in Conte's hands.

Well how the fuck else would u know if he's the best. Managing RM for the rest of his career? Look what happened to pep when he was at barca like the poster above said he was called a messiah and what happened in bayern ask their fans and what happened at city with a lesser squad in his first season. What doesnt make sense here bud.

Well, bud, I asked who the best manager in the world was and got a ton of different responses.

Point being it's nearly impossible to figure out who the absolute best is. If you have won the CL then you're one of the best, no question in my mind. Plenty of very talented teams have failed to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom