• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
To the LFC fans here, would you accept Coutinho going if we got VVD, a CM and maybe a Coutinho replacement? Before I would've said no, but now I'd probably take it.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Bit shit of Coutinho to pull this stunt now

I mean, I'm sure Alexis will do this on the 30th, but still

tim.mbp

Coutinho leaving Liverpool this late in the transfer window would be disastrous imo. Who would replace him?

Should make a play for Draxler or Pastore. One, or both of them if they get Mbappe, will be on bench a lot. They might fancy a chance to start for the WC runup.

T-Rex.

Banned
Player power always wins in the end sadly
I think he'll get his move eventually, but we're in a strong position to keep him for one more season at least. It's not like we need the money and I highly doubt he's going to refuse to play in a World Cup season.

Zasa

No idea who to believe between reliable Liverpool journalists, Sky sources & Klopp

tenor.gif

Should make a play for Draxler or Pastore. One ,or both of them if they get Mbappe, will be on bench a lot. They might fancy a chance to start for the WC runup.

I think a Draxler type player is certainly achievable, but he rejected us last january for PSG :/

I think he'll get his move eventually, but we're in a strong position to keep him for one more season at least. It's not like we need the money and I highly doubt he's going to refuse to play in a World Cup season.

If he stays. He's gonna play, no doubt about that. I worry that we'll be able to hold our stance until August 31st.

Beefy

Should make a play for Draxler or Pastore. One, or both of them if they get Mbappe, will be on bench a lot. They might fancy a chance to start for the WC runup.

Pastore is going to Madrid as part of the Oblak deal apparently. Pastore's agent was there yesterday, thry won't sell Draxler.

Sell Coutinho. Any player who decides to pull this nonsense a day before the season starts should get the boot. No player is bigger than the club.

Honestly I'm disappointed. I'm not against the sale of a player at all, but pulling stunts like these are just disrespectful. He spent the whole summer denying and now he's pushing for a move?

I thought Coutinho was better than that, but clearly he isn't. If he stays, I'd only be interested in results rather than being proud of his growth with us.

What's more insulting is how this transfer window has gone. I don't even know who to be angry towards but if this were Brendan Rodgers in charge, we all know where the hate would immediately go towards.

Best wishes.

Times when it really sucks not being UK. I have no idea who Kaveh is, if he's reputable, if he's a good man to his children.

He seems like one of those 'insiders' we have here, who basically exist just to create content and drive clicks.

Beefy

Times when it really sucks not being UK. I have no idea who Kaveh is, if he's reputable, if he's a good man to his children.

He seems like one of those 'insiders' we have here, who basically exist just to create content and drive clicks.

Kaveh is the only good info Sky has, even Jim White gets info from him. He has close links to Di Marzio and Sky Italy as well.

T-Rex.

Banned
Barca tried to use LFC's CL qualification "Achilles heel" in their favour. An unsettling atmosphere was sold as one way out for Coutinho. Catalan's advised Coutinho a bad atmosphere before the crucial fixture could work in his advantage, helping an exit come quicker.
I know we're cunts in the transfer market ourselves, but Barca really have perfected the game.

If he stays. He's gonna play, no doubt about that. I worry that we'll be able to hold our stance until August 31st.
That's where I'm at. I really hope we act like cunts just to spite Barca tbh.

Syder

When Barça come calling you don't say no. Sucks for Liverpool but that's just how it is and there's a lot you can do with £100m.

PowderedToast

coutinho is taking the piss with the timing like

but I find FSG's statements really cringe. and stupid. now if he goes they look incompetent.

I sense a lack of communication between klopp and the owners. maybe a small rift. who knows

Sell Coutinho. Any player who decides to pull this nonsense a day before the season starts should get the boot. No player is bigger than the club.

Honestly I'm disappointed. I'm not against the sale of a player at all, but pulling stunts like these are just disrespectful. He spent the whole summer denying and now he's pushing for a move?

I thought Coutinho was better than that, but clearly he isn't. If he stays, I'd only be interested in results rather than being proud of his growth with us.

What's more insulting is how this transfer window has gone. I don't even know who to be angry towards but if this were Brendan Rodgers in charge, we all know where the hate would immediately go towards.

Best wishes.

Well put. I realise the recent interest from Barcelona is the cause of all this but it is still an extremely disrespectful stunt to pull. What a prick.

When Barça come calling you don't say no. Sucks for Liverpool but that's just how it is and there's a lot you can do with £100m.

Who can Liverpool realistically buy at this time of the season who will be on the same level as Coutinho?

Syder

Who can Liverpool realistically buy at this time of the season who will be on the same level as Coutinho?
No one

but Liverpool were never in the Top contenders to actually win the league for me anyway, spend that wad wisely on your entire squad and who knows what the future holds?

MrS

Banned
When Barça come calling you don't say no.
Sorry, but that's rubbish. It depends on the player and their personality. Terry, Carragher, Lampard, Gerrard, de Rossi and Totti wouldn't have left their clubs for Barcelona. Most players are mercenaries, but lets not act like all of them are.

Sorry, but that's rubbish. It depends on the player and their personality. Terry, Carragher, Lampard, Gerrard, de Rossi and Totti wouldn't have left their clubs for Barcelona. Most players are mercenaries, but lets not act like all of them are.

fucking Terry went to Aston Villa what a traitor

Syder

lol Lampard left his boyhood club for money, Gerrard nearly did too, and Carra was never good enough.

Just because there are a few one club men out there (and there are fewer and fewer) doesn't mean that 99% of players wouldn't go to Barcelona.

Totti wouldn't have. But the rest? Ehhhhhhh

lmao Carragher

Lots of people live too far away, can't afford it, have disabilities that preventing them from going, have work/family commitments or don't care enough to go to matches.

The 3pm ban makes no difference to these people, they're not going to go anyway. The sooner this penny sinks for the FA and for those who defend this absurd ban the better.

I agree 100% with you. I don't understand why don't do it like in America (regarding American Football, not sure how other sports work).

Game sells out before Friday (?) deadline...it's televised on TV.

If it doesn't sell out before Friday (?) then it's a blackout.

No one

but Liverpool were never in the Top contenders to actually win the league for me anyway, spend that wad wisely on your entire squad and who knows what the future holds?

We have a pretty good idea what the future holds. Liverpool losing players never ends up being just one player. Losing Coutinho might mean losing Mane, Firmino etc.

That's why this summer was so important. They needed to reinforce to challenge for the title in all likelihood. If this team had made the signings they were bragging about making in March (and ones they likely indicated to Coutinho they would make when he re-upped) then there's a solid chance none of this would be happening.

PowderedToast

Well put. I realise the recent interest from Barcelona is the cause of all this but it is still an extremely disrespectful stunt to pull. What a prick.

perhaps not the same level but max meyer and diego laxalt have been looked at

DBT85

I think terry and lampard would deffo have jumped ship if Chelsea were in Liverpools position.

Staying at a club is easy when you're winning.

Syder

We have a pretty good idea what the future holds. Liverpool losing players never ends up being just one player. Losing Coutinho might mean losing Mane, Firmino etc.
That's just not going to happen. There have been no rumours about clubs wanting anyone else but Coutinho. If you work around current transfer market Mané (£34m becomes a £70m+ player) and Firmino (£29m becomes a £60m+) would cost way more than anyone would be willing to pay for them.

I wouldn't be worried if I were a Liverpool fan.

MrS

Banned
I think terry and lampard would deffo have jumped ship if Chelsea were in Liverpools position.
Based on what? Big clubs made overtures to them both which they rejected, and lets not act like there hasn't been barren years for Chelsea during the Roman era.

Players are either loyal or they aren't. Foreign players like Coutinho who come to the Prem have no reason to be loyal because they're only in it for the £££. Coutinho didn't grow up a Liverpool fan and just as they've paid his wages, he paid them back in performances. Not sure why anybody would expect more from him. He sees an opportunity to make more money and play with his mate Luis Suarez and he'll do everything he can to take it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom