• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timbuktu

Rqq8h7A.png

Where is PSG in this picture?

Syder

Code:
[IMG]http://video.skysports.com/YxMGg5YzE6lHXixAal_54-_Y0xbzTAFO/Ut_HKthATH4eww8X4xMDoxOjBzMTt2bJ[/IMG]
Code:
[IMG]http://video.skysports.com/pnZWk5YzE6-UWkep3Muwi8V936LFi696/QCdjB5HwFOTaWQ8X4xMDoxOjBzMTt2bJ[/IMG]

King Bielsa - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2p4MjmRKlZM Two months of work, first game, and the team is complete revolutionized. This is what coaching is like. Methodically teach the players he has to play like he wants.

I'm sorry this isn't in english but watching this will probably help you understand the game (and the process) better than watching a bunch of years of football (especially if your team has been coached by an english manager in the last 20 years). It's only 50 minutes. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQDzV3s9mOc

Pepe is still nothing but an apprentice.

Watford 4-3 Liverpool (it's gonna be one of those games)
Everton 2-1 Stoke City
Crystal Palace 1-2 Huddersfield
Southampton 1-1 Swansea City
West Brom 0-0 Bournemouth
Chelsea 2-0 Burnley FC
Brighton 2-1 Man City

Zasa

Good lord, Seri. Calm down.

122/138 (88.41%) passes
161 touches
8 key passes
4 successful dribbles
4 shots
2 shots on target

vs Troyes

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Watford 4-3 Liverpool (it's gonna be one of those games)
Everton 2-1 Stoke City
Southampton 1-1 Swansea City
West Brom 0-0 Bournemouth
Chelsea 2-0 Burnley FC
Brighton 2-1 Man City

Genuinely wouldn't surprise me. I'm hoping its entertaining.

Syder

Much like last season, I'm persevering with Agüero over Gabriel Jesus in Fantasy.

So, I'm looking forward to the Jesus hat-trick...

Wow, today is gonna be a long day. From 12.30 all the way to 16.00 fixtures.

I'll be watching them all.

Whether he stays or goes, if he's refusing to play they'll need to find a replacement regardless.

What kind of player would refuse to play for the club paying his wage?

Why would any other club want to invest in such player? He could do the same thing for them in the future.

Though we need a confirmation about that tweet first.

tim.mbp

What kind of player would refuse to play for the club paying his wage?

Why would any other club want to invest in such player? He could do the same thing for them in the future.

Though we need a confirmation about that tweet first.

It's the only leverage a player has if they want to force a move. Clubs do the same thing when they want a player to accept a transfer out.

xintin

Boga rumored to start tomorrow. What a way to begin the season. No Costa, Hazard, Pedro, Matic. Damn.
He looked alrighttttt in preseason coming in for Pedro. But it was just preseason.

Really not looking forward to losing to a Ben Mee goal or some other dumb bullshit tomorrow :<

Lunar FC

Had to leave for work at about the 65th minute of the Arsenal/Leicester match but was able to catch the last 10 minutes in the break room. I made everybody in there watch it and was losing my shit. I should of been working but shit was wild. &#128517;

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Kölsch Bloot;245961822 said:
DSC_0947.jpg

6 am. Season is officially underway!

350km bus ride still ahead of me.
Match is @ 3:30 pm

Damn that's commitment, which team is yours?

Watford 2-3 Liverpool
Everton 3-1 Stoke City
Southampton 1-0 Swansea City
West Brom 1-1 Bournemouth
Chelsea 0-0 Burnley FC
Brighton 0-2 Man City

Has there ever been a competition (World Cup, Euros, whatever) or league season where the goal of the season/tournament was the very first goal scored?

That was the topic in the pub last night during the Arsenal game. No one could think of one.

Has there ever been a competition (World Cup, Euros, whatever) or league season where the goal of the season/tournament was the very first goal scored?

That was the topic in the pub last night during the Arsenal game. No one could think of one.
It's wasn't the first goal but Beckhams half way line goal was on the first day of the season, that's the closest I can think of.

Lahm scored a contender for best goal of the 2006 World Cup when he opened the scoring in the first match of the tournament, against Costa Rica.

Unfortunately for him, Torsten Frings did this in the very same match.

TeddyBoy

With Coutinho handing in a transfer request and Liverpool certain to lose later, we should just cancel the football season for this year and start it all again next year.

Wes

venison crêpe
Watford 1-2 Liverpool
Everton 2-0 Stoke City
Crystal Palace 1-1 Huddersfield
Southampton 1-0 Swansea City
West Brom 1-2 Bournemouth
Chelsea 2-0 Burnley FC
Brighton 2-4 Man City

Solid first team line up. Let's see how Moreno does after a good pre season. Missing a certain Brazilian though, who knows if he'll play again or miraculously recover from this "injury" when Barca get him.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
When Barça come calling you don't say no. Sucks for Liverpool but that's just how it is and there's a lot you can do with £100m.

it's rare that a player of snodgrass's quality is on the market so it might work out the best for everyone in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom