• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Audioboxer

Everyone arguing banter with text comebacks...

shszD1v.gif

Less insulting text, more uploading GIFs.

Oriel

You can try to use 3pms to justify pirating all games, but how many people's jobs do you think are in some way dependent on Sky/BT/etc monetising football rights?

A few thousand Sky subscribers switching to IP streamers isn't going to lead to job losses. If anything Sky and the rest are more worried about legit steaming services like Netflix. The new Sky premier league bundle was created specifically for those who had gotten used to paying a fiver for access to massive quantities of content.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
I moved and live a 2 hour drive from my club who, since being promoted, cant stop selling out. but sure broadcasting 3pms would destroy our revenue. Ergh.

What a game lads. Some shaky defense and goalkeeping but damn I wish I could have been at the game for the explosion of fans on that last goal. Place was going fucking nuts.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Just for you

giphy.gif

This is my favourite football moment ever. It pisses over Istanbul.

There are a couple that seem to like antagonising more than bantering.

We can survive.

Be a shame if there were problems. I'm relatively new to footyGAF and most people here are relatively knowledgeable and level-headed. It's difficult to find somewhere to talk about football online without tribalism and proper-football-men derailing everything.

Isn't ticket cost usually the thing that keeps people from attending Bardwill United vs Hefford -Bishopgate FC games? I recall a Gaffer saying earlier in this thread that tickets to his L2 team were going for 22 pounds.

Blackouts are a fantastic way to get people to ignore your 'product' and league.

EmiPrime

Yep, all those lower-league clubs selling out every weekend.

Lots of people live too far away, can't afford it, have disabilities that preventing them from going, have work/family commitments or don't care enough to go to matches.

The 3pm ban makes no difference to these people, they're not going to go anyway. The sooner this penny sinks for the FA and for those who defend this absurd ban the better.

T-Rex.

Banned
Lots of people live too far away, can't afford it, have disabilities that preventing them from going, have work/family commitments or don't care enough to go to matches.

The 3pm ban makes no difference to these people, they're not going to go anyway. The sooner this penny sinks for the FA and for those who defend this absurd ban the better.
Completely agree, it's a ridiculous rule.

Zasa

It other news, Nice just lost 2-1 at home to Troyes, a newly promoted side. Second straight defeat to start off the season red-hot.

Oh dear, save them Seri.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Arsene Wenger says Olivier Giroud is not leaving Arsenal this summer: "It was one of the great days when he decided to stay"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom