• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT10| A Street Ass Named Premier

Splatt

What has Mancini got on the owners? Fuck, he's so incompetent at his job and yet, he receives like half a billion a week. I'd trade my lucky socks to be in his position.

Arnie

Fair enough, Arnie. Stoke's a tough place to go though, and realistically it's just two top ten teams against each other isn't it?

Aye, not too annoyed at the result, but I didn't like how weak we were defensively.

On the flip side Stoke were brilliant at defending, as AVB eulogised the other week. They're more rigid than you in a school, whereas we're limper than Dave's dicky (Royle Family reference).

Wilbur

Banned
This is fucking nuts:

Nottingham Forest have sacked their manager Sean O'Driscoll just hours after a 4-2 home win over Leeds United left them one point adrift of the play-off places. The owners, Fawaz and Abdulaziz al-Hasawi, say they have made the decision because they want a manager with "Premier League experience".

The decision to relieve the 55-year-old of his duties comes only five months after he replaced the sacked Steve Cottrell, who the owners did not want after they completed their buy-out at the end of last season. O'Driscoll, who left Crawley to take over, leaves Forest eighth in the table.

"We cannot speak highly enough of Sean as a man," the chairman, Fawaz al-Hasawi, told the club's website. "He was appointed at an extremely difficult time for the club and can count himself unlucky to have lost his job with the team just one point away from the top six. But we have a responsibility to look to the future for this great club because we have huge ambitions for it. We knew when we bought the club in the summer that it would take time for the players we bought in to settle but that process has taken longer than we anticipated.

"We feel we have developed a really strong squad of players but are still searching for consistency in terms of team performance, underlined by the fact that we have not won more than two games in succession in the Championship this season. And with the January transfer window approaching, we feel it's the right time to make a change. We are looking to bring in an ambitious manager with Premier League experience."

The Forest striker Billy Sharp, who turned the match against Leeds with two goals after they trailed to an early effort from Luciano Becchio, responded to O'Driscoll's shock sacking by tweeting "gutted, that ruins a decent day".

This is fucking nuts:

Nottingham Forest have sacked their manager Sean O'Driscoll just hours after a 4-2 home win over Leeds United left them one point adrift of the play-off places. The owners, Fawaz and Abdulaziz al-Hasawi, say they have made the decision because they want a manager with "Premier League experience".

The decision to relieve the 55-year-old of his duties comes only five months after he replaced the sacked Steve Cottrell, who the owners did not want after they completed their buy-out at the end of last season. O'Driscoll, who left Crawley to take over, leaves Forest eighth in the table.

"We cannot speak highly enough of Sean as a man," the chairman, Fawaz al-Hasawi, told the club's website. "He was appointed at an extremely difficult time for the club and can count himself unlucky to have lost his job with the team just one point away from the top six. But we have a responsibility to look to the future for this great club because we have huge ambitions for it. We knew when we bought the club in the summer that it would take time for the players we bought in to settle but that process has taken longer than we anticipated.

"We feel we have developed a really strong squad of players but are still searching for consistency in terms of team performance, underlined by the fact that we have not won more than two games in succession in the Championship this season. And with the January transfer window approaching, we feel it's the right time to make a change. We are looking to bring in an ambitious manager with Premier League experience."

The Forest striker Billy Sharp, who turned the match against Leeds with two goals after they trailed to an early effort from Luciano Becchio, responded to O'Driscoll's shock sacking by tweeting "gutted, that ruins a decent day".
Is their owner Russian by any chance?

Bild saying Lewa is ours for £22m.

Lewa #9

WingerWelbeck indeed. You sense Fergie might have lost a touch of faith in him, in a smaller softer way than he did with Berbatov given his age and potential. Appreciation is easy for his overall style of play - and Welbeck always delivers so far as determination and linking up with others - but as an out-and-out striker who converts on the occasion, there's obviously doubt he's ready to take on serious responsibility just yet. And it's not like there's chance of one of our attackers not always being injured. But it'd still be crazy. Our strike-force would be set forever. But still crazy. It's probably just speculation driven by the negotiation phase of Lewa's contract wrangling, but if the unlikely were to happen, maybe it would signify a move away from pure wingers?

Something like:

RVP---Rooney---Shinji
--------Lewa

or

---[rest of diamond]
----Rooney/Shinji
---Lewa------RVP

Sure, less sensible than snapping up a young CB and a consistent midfielder or two, but there's a perverse part of me that doesn't mind seeing us return to the "we'll-just-score-more" philosophy of Ferguson's earlier United sides.

Clegg

Similarly to how they fucked up lat season I am expecting another fuck up by United soon enough.

I think every United fan half expects it. It will be against Wigan or QPR.

We tend to do well against the bigger teams and then drop a bollock against the "weaker" sides.

Just watching MOTD

Not sure of the most recent amendment to the rule but i imagine referees are clued up on it even if we ridicule them, I think the Newcastle goal was probably right

City should have had a free kick for the Sunderland goal but it doesn't take away from Joe Harts hilarity

Clegg

While I'm not happy with the way United are performing, I can still appreciate the mentality of the side.

We're leaking goals all over the place but we come back and win more often than not. We've won 9 or 10 games this season after conceding the first goal.

Sort out the defence and I'd even think we have a realistic shot at beating Madrid.

K1LLER7

Just watching MOTD

Not sure of the most recent amendment to the rule but i imagine referees are clued up on it even if we ridicule them, I think the Newcastle goal was probably right

City should have had a free kick for the Sunderland goal but it doesn't take away from Joe Harts hilarity

Still can't believe people think he's the best in the world. He's no Adán Garrido

K1LLER7

While I'm not happy with the way United are performing, I can still appreciate the mentality of the side.

We're leaking goals all over the place but we come back and win more often than not. We've won 9 or 10 games this season after conceding the first goal.

Sort out the defence and I'd even think we have a realistic shot at beating Madrid.

All this chopping and changing needs to stop by then. I'd go for a back 4 of: Rafael, Rio, Smalling/Evans, Evra. Vidic is a little slow and needs games. Carrick and Cleverly have to start together. No scholes or Giggs.

Thats just DC

Apparently Adam Johnson too. I just don't see it.

pulga

Banned
I should start watching more United matches, they always seem to be very entertaining.

:lol

Barcelona fans can shut their fucking mouths about Newcastle. Equitably distribute the tv money, you filthy scum.

Newcastle are a proper club in a proper league.

Fucking LOL.

Wait...Madrid are in on this lolololol

I'll be at the game on Saturday. I want to see Kagawa!

I have a feeling De Gea is going to be rotated soon.

City away to Norwich. Chelsea away to Everton. Tricky games for the two of them, if we get the job done in our game we may be able to benefit. WBA are going to be tricky themselves though, well every team is tricky for us...but Lukaku will give our defence hell. Shane Long is a good finisher also. And the WBA defence isn't a total shambles so we won't have loads and loads and loads of chances. Just loads.

K1LLER7

I should start watching more United matches, they always seem to be very entertaining.

Fucking LOL.

Wait...Madrid are in on this lolololol

They need to sort that TV money out. You guys need to stop buying our top players

You can take Valencia and then Macheda comes free :p

I'll be at the game on Saturday. I want to see Kagawa!

I have a feeling De Gea is going to be rotated soon.

City away to Norwich. Chelsea away to Everton. Tricky games for the two of them, if we get the job done in our game we may be able to benefit. WBA are going to be tricky themselves though, well every team is tricky for us...but Lukaku will give our defence hell. Shane Long is a good finisher also. And the WBA defence isn't a total shambles so we won't have loads and loads and loads of chances. Just loads.

Evra will score, we will win.

No Kagawa though.

K1LLER7

I was at the game today and he took part in the warm up session and did a lot of sprinting. I think he'll be in the squad for saturday fingers crossed

0400_f9cxy.gif

pulga

Banned
They need to sort that TV money out. You guys need to stop buying our top players

You can take Valencia and then Macheda comes free :p

No thank you, I like it when my wingers take their man on! We'll take De GOAT though, apparently Casillas is crap now.

And Rafael. Rafael is boss.

Messi

I did watch it on christmas day, and that pep section made me want to cry :(. It was so hard to watch that Espanyol game knowing it was his last home game. I very nearly went over for it.

Edit: Btw, what is that Rihanna song during the pep bit? I think its Rihanna

Have a turkey sandwich.

Then fap to Olivia Wilde.

This will not help me. I am depressed about my weight and lack of a relationship. So to be quite honest. This might actually hurt me.

Top Bottom