• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT10| A Street Ass Named Premier

dc89

Our loss to Sunderland is the first game we've lost in the PL when both Aguero and Tevez have started. W-14 L-1. :(

Turok_TTZ

tumblr_m5d3q5LlEA1rutv8to1_500.gif
dead serious. he is worse than cr7 misfiring. and may i add that cr7 misfires quite alot before he finally scores. if madrid faced dortmund again the guys id be fearing wud be Reus and Großkreutz. lewandowski is that much of a non threat. i cant understand why klopp hasnt replaced him. i read manutd are after him. klopp wud be wise to get as much money and swindle manutd for as much as he can.

Turok_TTZ

Why do you talk about Lewandowski lacking a finishers instinct and then mention Higuain as a better replacement?
is ur opinion unpopular normally? not saying your wrong... or right... but alot of peeps like higuain for said trait amongst other things. i have my own opinion on higuain but id really like to hear yer opinion on him.

Splatt

Lewandowski is overrated. dortmund would be alot more successful in their endeavors if they sign a top cf like huntelaar or cavani. Marco reus does better than lewandowski and cf isnt even his natural spot! lewandowski lacks a finisher's instinct.

*runs*

Huntelaar.

Not enough lol smileys for this.

Clegg

is ur opinion unpopular normally? not saying your wrong... or right... but alot of peeps like higuain for said trait amongst other things. i have my own opinion on higuain but id really like to hear yer opinion on him.

Huguain isn't the most clinical finisher either.

Lewa is better at holding the ball up for his teammates and Higuain is better at getting into goalscoring opportunities. Neither are brilliant finishers but both are top class forwards.

Comparatively, I'd have Mr Lewa Lewa over Higuain in a heartbeat. Higuain's not a bad finisher, but he's had a rough patch recently. I am a fan of his, though, and he'd be a classy signing for most teams. Also, I haven't seen much of him to know whether he's close to being as good as Lewa is in the air. He reminds me a little of Hernandez in his play, unlike Lewa, and that's why I don't think United would or should be in for him.

we wud ruin gotze and hummels as long as we have mou as coach. look at modric ffs. if he had any hype he is not living up to it.

Klopp said that no one can ruin Götze. I agree, he's too damn good.

Lewandowski is overrated. dortmund would be alot more successful in their endeavors if they sign a top cf like huntelaar or cavani. Marco reus does better than lewandowski and cf isnt even his natural spot! lewandowski lacks a finisher's instinct.

*runs*
You call Lewandowski overrated, yet mention Huntelaar. Huntelaar is like the definition of overrated, he may score some over the season, but flops in big games and is lazy on the pitch.

Lewandowski is awesome, though. He's not a clinical finisher (yet) in the way that everytime he gets the ball you're scared as shit he'll score. But he works a lot for the team, can keep possession incredibly well and wins lots of aerial duels. He just works well for us and that's all I care about, I can see him flop at a new club.

Kicker magazine is once again evaluating the first half of the Bundesliga season.
The following Goalkeeper and CB rankings were published today

International Class
1. Dante
2. Mats Hummels

In Addition / extended
3. Benedikt Höwedes
4. Neven Subotic
5. Phillipp Wollscheid
6. Timm Klose
7. Ömer Toprak
8. Martin Stranzl
9. Kyrgiakos Papadopoulos
10. Jerome Boateng
11. Bo Svensson

I don't like those lists, they should explain what's the criteria. It took Dante a move to Bayern to get first place, he played just as good if not better for Gladbach. Subotic also played a better half than Hummels. And Höwedes in front of Subotic and Stranzl is just shit. He needed the Papadopoulos injury to become first choice CB, how is that third place deserved? It mainly comes down to the reputation the player has.

fuenf

I don't like those lists, they should explain what's the criteria. It took Dante a move to Bayern to get first place, he played just as good if not better for Gladbach. Subotic also played a better half than Hummels. And Höwedes in front of Subotic and Stranzl is just shit. He needed the Papadopoulos injury to become first choice CB, how is that third place deserved?

I dont like them either, but I thought they would make an interesting talking point. You are right about Dante, I'm not even sure if he was better than Boateng (if you look past the mental errors).

I dont like them either, but I thought they would make an interesting talking point. You are right about Dante, I'm not even sure if he was better than Boateng (if you look past the mental errors).

And while I'm at it, the names of the categories are stupid as well. "International class", well, Subotic, Höwedes, Wollscheid, Stranzl and some more did well in Europe. I know it's just Kickers' tiers but a proven CL/EL player should be in that for sure.

Turok_TTZ

alright thanks for the input. ill share my thoughts on higuain. la liga top. cl flop. as weak in the air as benz. cant hold up ball as good as benz. higuain is a curious case for me. he can score class goals against small teams but come the big fish well... alot to be desired. i imagine lewandowski shud be better in the air than higgy. higgy and benz are atrocious at headers. at times higuain is selfish, at other times he tries to do what benz wud do. shines facing a loose defense. fades facing an organised defence. higuain is top shelf but at the same time he is not... curious he is.

tbf on higuain, madrids system is cr7 focused so our cfs are usually starved of service every game . usually 1-4 chances all game every game. cr7 in comparison gets 10+ chances. i'd rate higuain over dowski on finishing alone. higgy dont waste as much chances as dowski does.

alright thanks for the input. ill share my thoughts on higuain. la liga top. cl flop. as weak in the air as benz. cant hold up ball as good as benz. higuain is a curious case for me. he can score class goals against small teams but come the big fish well... alot to be desired. i imagine lewandowski shud be better in the air than higgy. higgy and benz are atrocious at headers. at times higuain is selfish, at other times he tries to do what benz wud do. shines facing a loose defense. fades facing an organised defence. higuain is top shelf but at the same time he is not... curious he is.

tbf on higuain, madrids system is cr7 focused so our cfs are usually starved of service every game . usually 1-4 chances all game every game. cr7 in comparison gets 10+ chances. i'd rate higuain over dowski on finishing alone. higgy dont waste as much chances as dowski does.

I agree with you on everything but the bolded.

Turok_TTZ

Lewandowski is awesome, though. He's not a clinical finisher (yet) in the way that everytime he gets the ball you're scared as shit he'll score. But he works a lot for the team, can keep possession incredibly well and wins lots of aerial duels. He just works well for us and that's all I care about, I can see him flop at a new club.
if he does all that you say he does then my opinion is misinformed. he shud definitely work on scoring as that is his only problem if what u say is true.

and on gotze. u havent seen what mou has done to modric, ozil, sahin have you?

if he does all that you say he does then my opinion is misinformed. he shud definitely work on scoring as that is his only problem if what u say is true.

and on gotze. u havent seen what mou has done to modric, ozil, sahin have you?

Well, I haven't watched much Real this season, so no idea about Modric. But Özil has always tended to be lazy and not do shit at all, I wouldn't blame Mourinho. And Sahin has only his agent (and himself) to blame, the Real move was just a bad idea.

dc89

Wii U is officially off for the time being. Got a Kindle Paperwhite today, download Life of Pi for 20p. Can't wait to read it.

I also have enough to get my boots, but may wait a bit, dunno what to do!

Estimated Wii U Purchase Date: Summer 2013.

Turok_TTZ

I agree with you on everything but the bolded.
tbh im not a fan higuain and as much as i dont like him, he is a good finisher of the ball... oh wow lewandowski actually broke 30 goals in a season. something higuain hasnt done ever. looks like im herpin derpin then.

still needs to be clinical though.

Wii U is officially off for the time being. Got a Kindle Paperwhite today, download Life of Pi for 20p. Can't wait to read it.

I also have enough to get my boots, but may wait a bit, dunno what to do!

Estimated Wii U Purchase Date: Summer 2013.
I thought you said your gf bought you the paperback for Xmas!

Paperbacks > e-books 4eva

Kindle PaperWhite does look absolutely amazing though.

Bought last years European shirt for £5 off our official site. By contrast, this years is £57! They still have M and XL so I'm considering buying a bunch and using them for our 6-a-side team.

FootballFan

Pepe won "Portugal's Person of the Year" award from some paper named Record.

:lol surely, surely there are better people out there in Portugal.

dc89

I thought you said your gf bought you the paperback for Xmas!

Paperbacks > e-books 4eva

Kindle PaperWhite does look absolutely amazing though.

Yeah she did dude! But 0.20p is a steal! I can read it anytime, anywhere though. I will actually read the paperback, but I'm crazy!

I got the I, Partridge paperback for Christmas. Is it worth buying the audiobook on top of it, to listen to at work? Seems pretty expensive

edit: Michael Owen speech at St James' park when he signed for Newcastle: 'One thing I will guarantee is goals.'

lol

Yeah she did dude! But 0.20p is a steal! I can read it anytime, anywhere though. I will actually read the paperback, but I'm crazy!

It's fantastic; I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Don't watch the film till you're done!

On a side note, I'd be interested to know what your views on Scott Sinclair are. My City-supporting mate thinks he's the best English winger around.

Timurid

I read that arsenal are interested in Arda Turan. I doubt they'll make a move for him in January because he is cup tied. I heard that he is doing really well over at Atletico. He seems like a quality replacement for gervinho. Also, I read that Reading wants arshavin.

Carbonox

I got the I, Partridge paperback for Christmas. Is it worth buying the audiobook on top of it, to listen to at work? Seems pretty expensive

edit: Michael Owen speech at St James' park when he signed for Newcastle: 'One thing I will guarantee is goals.'

lol

What I'd give to hook him in the gabber.

dc89

It's fantastic; I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Don't watch the film till you're done!

On a side note, I'd be interested to know what your views on Scott Sinclair are. My City-supporting mate thinks he's the best English winger around.

#BasedSinclair will not get a run in this City side. I say why not start him, we were utterly toothless against Sunderland and who is to say he wasn't the burst of pace, or the bit of creativity we needed. We huffed and puffed for 90 minutes and hit a brick wall.

I'd honestly start him at the weekend.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
McLeish new Forest boss...

Dear god.

#BasedSinclair will not get a run in this City side. I say why not start him, we were utterly toothless against Sunderland and who is to say he wasn't the burst of pace, or the bit of creativity we needed. We huffed and puffed for 90 minutes and hit a brick wall.

I'd honestly start him at the weekend.

The trouble with that is he's hardly played all season. He'll be rusty as hell.

Top Bottom