• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT10| A Street Ass Named Premier

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I think it was Hleb who said that McLeish's training sessions involved someone punting the ball downfield and everybody chasing after it.

Wilbur

Banned
I wonder if winning the title with united will feel hollow for RVP

I doubt it.

Wilbury, how did you get on with Demon's Souls?

Awful. Died once, rushed through the level again, got to the checkpoint, died again, forgot about the checkpoint and thought I had to start all over again and turned it off.

Gonna give up on it. I don't think it's much fun to play, it rewards endurance more than anything. I keep reading reviews where it says after you beat a boss on the 50th go its so satisfying... but I don't want to try and beat a boss (and do the subsequent fight through every single enemy every time I die) 50 times.

Lewandowski is overrated. dortmund would be alot more successful in their endeavors if they sign a top cf like huntelaar or cavani. Marco reus does better than lewandowski and cf isnt even his natural spot! lewandowski lacks a finisher's instinct.

*runs*

if they sign a top cf like huntelaar

top cf like huntelaar

iWbP0LGAKcBQm.png
iWbP0LGAKcBQm.png
iWbP0LGAKcBQm.png

Arnie

Wii U is officially off for the time being. Got a Kindle Paperwhite today, download Life of Pi for 20p. Can't wait to read it.

I also have enough to get my boots, but may wait a bit, dunno what to do!

Estimated Wii U Purchase Date: Summer 2013.

Nice, I'm knee deep in books at the moment, but the Kindle paperwight looks great. I really don't know why you don't fuck the Wii U off and just buy one of the actual next generation consoles launching next year? Depending on my financial, living, and job situation I might bite on the new Xbox at launch.

Balotelli threw a strop in FM and now I've relegated him to the reserves. He helped me win Serie A the previous season but I'm going to just sell him in January and buy Jovetic as his replacement. Jovetic is more versatile and has a better attitude.

Gonna give up on it. I don't think it's much fun to play, it rewards endurance more than anything. I keep reading reviews where it says after you beat a boss on the 50th go its so satisfying... but I don't want to try and beat a boss (and do the subsequent fight through every single enemy every time I die) 50 times.
YES, TRUTH

Fucking weirdos want to sit around getting bummed for hours because it's oh so satisfying to complete a level after tons of trial and error. No thanks. I'll play far cry and shoot arrows at sharks.

dc89

Nice, I'm knee deep in books at the moment, but the Kindle paperwight looks great. I really don't know why you don't fuck the Wii U off and just buy one of the actual next generation consoles launching next year? Depending on my financial, living, and job situation I might bite on the new Xbox at launch.

Balotelli threw a strop in FM and now I've relegated him to the reserves. He helped me win Serie A the previous season but I'm going to just sell him in January and buy Jovetic as his replacement. Jovetic is more versatile and has a better attitude.

Good thinking Arnie. But Kyoufu will be forever alone!

Clegg

Got Uncharted 3 for Christmas.

Opening chapter is a fight in a pub. Lasts for a couple of minutes and then you're supposed to get outside for a cutscene. Except the cutscene won't fucking load.

My game is broken, unfortunately.

dc89

Opening chapter is a fight in a pub. Lasts for a couple of minutes and then you're supposed to get outside for a cutscene. Except the cutscene won't fucking load.

Have you tried deleting the game data, basically the install! It may help.

Carbonox

That's a good thing. Sell the game for whatever value it still has. What a torrid pile of shit that game is.

Arnie

Good thinking Arnie. But Kyoufu will be forever alone!
He'd be forever alone regardless, he bought a fucking Wii U.

Loved Uncharted 3. Not as good as 2, but it wasn't going to be, just a blast to play through.

Wilbur

Banned
Lol what the fuck is a Kevin Macdonald and why is he going to be our new manager

What.

Wasn't he a coach at some backwards club recently

People saying 3 is gash but like 2 are weird. They're the same game, it just lacks the surprise factor.

Try what DC says. It's well worth playing. Not as good as UC2 but only because you know what to expect now really.

Edit: Arnie and I are in fucking SYNC

Hindle

Banned
The Chapionship is fuckung insane. It can go so many different ways when it comes to promotion. Will Cardiff finally do it this year or choke again?

lol FBT's account got suspended? What'd we do? :eek:

Who?

And just saw the Hobbit in HFR and 3D. That was fantastic. Was a little weird at the start with Bilbo walking around, but from then on, it was superb. Couldn't believe how clear it was, I hate most 3D films because they are too dark.

GolazoDan

I got Uncharted 1, 2 and 3 when I first got my PS3. I got up to the last few chapters of 2, basically when the enemy type changes. Got distracted, as I do from time to time, so I never went back to it. Unfortunately I can foresee those enemies being rather annoying (they were in the brief clashes earlier in the game) and the final boss seems irritating unless you cheese it. No motivation to go back and finish it, :(. Could just do it on Easy since I'm only playing for the cool set pieces and Indiana Jonesish story. I turned Uncharted 1 down to Easy because fuck those bullet sponge enemies, man. Don't need the hassle.

GolazoDan

Who?

And just saw the Hobbit in HFR and 3D. That was fantastic. Was a little weird at the start with Bilbo walking around, but from then on, it was superb. Couldn't believe how clear it was, I hate most 3D films because they are too dark.
I still haven't seen the entire Hobbit. I forget how long the film is, say 2 hours 45 minutes. Saw 2 hours and then the projector at the cinema broke. Fuck that. Worst cinema experience ever.

dc89

PL Years 05-06 on Sky Sports 3 now. Damn, dat Special One. Robben and his troll celebration after scoring against Arsenal at Highbury.

Shame I've got to go 5 a side :(

Arnie

lawro backing QPR with 2-1 win against liverpoool on the weekend. what a fucking nob

Even if he's trying to make an educated guess, the fucking prawn missed the point. We're inconsistent, I expect us to bounce back against QPR then disappoint again afterwards. A lot of people overlooking how good Stoke were last night as well.

We're a mediocre team though, no doubt about it.

Clegg

Even if he's trying to make an educated guess, the fucking prawn missed the point. We're inconsistent, I expect us to bounce back against QPR then disappoint again afterwards. A lot of people overlooking how good Stoke were last night as well.

A lot of people are underestimating Stoke in general.

They're turning into a very tidy side.

Where does the mediocrity lie though; with the players or with the style of play?

What.

Wasn't he a coach at some backwards club recently

People saying 3 is gash but like 2 are weird. They're the same game, it just lacks the surprise factor.

Try what DC says. It's well worth playing. Not as good as UC2 but only because you know what to expect now really.

Edit: Arnie and I are in fucking SYNC

He was a coach at villa last season apparently

Judan Ali also coming in as a coach purely on his background I think

GQman2121

Banned
Sitting in the theatre now for Djrano. Please don't let me down.....

Also, UC3 is every bit as good as UC2 for long stretches (chapters) at a time. It's just doesn't have the conclusion I would have liked and there's more shooting (less than 2 though) than I think is needed. It becomes very apparent when you can expect to cross that invisible line and trigger the room to be flooded with enemies.

Visually, it's still the standard for this gen. That Chateau chapter begins with the most unbelievable looking water. And everything in Yeman is beautiful.

Arnie

Where does the mediocrity lie though; with the players or with the style of play?

A bit of both, and with the general mentality of the team, too.

There's an argument to be made for consolidating the style and playing fairly counter attacking football until we've got enough players who can support Suarez. But at the same time we've played brilliantly against some good teams, like United and City, so why should we have to gimp how we play to beat the likes of Villa, and Stoke.

I think the team's suffering from a general sense of fragility, that extends beyond this year and back to Rafa's final season. We always feel like we're going to collapse, and that leads to a general anxiety in front of goal, at both ends.

It also needs to be said that at times Rodgers has looked clueless in how he's approached games, in that it's all about his style of play, and not much beyond that. Look at how Kenny approached Stoke a couple seasons back, he went to three at the back and used Coates height to combat Stoke. We won that game. The other night, however, Jones bossed Skrtel and Agger across the pitch, and the team in general couldn't get close to them.

Did Suso need to start against Stoke? Was he really that good against Fulham? Personally I don't think so, and when Sterling came on he was much more effective, but at that point the game was lost.

Top Bottom