• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT10| A Street Ass Named Premier

The Carroll transfer and context will probably go down as the worst of all time for everyone involved

We drastically overpaid for a flop
Chelsea overpaid for a flop
Newcastle put the money in the bank and get relegated 2 years later

Wilbur

Banned
So Fergie says Nani is back in 2 weeks and has a future at United. This would be good.

Powell heading to Leicester on loan app. Also good.

If he plays then that's great, I want to see him getting some first team action. Was a good decision to play him in some CL games; a shame we didn't go a little further in the COC.

Looking forward to watching him and Henriquez come Jan

Meier

He tried faking an injury then got up straight away to act like a little bitch in front of Bassong.
He didn't try and fake an injury -- it was an incredibly hard foul and falling on his hip undoubtedly hurt quite a bit. I'd imagine the adrenaline took over. He's a firey guy.

Can't believe Arsenal finished with 7. Glances at my phone and saw it was 4-3 and then noticed the 5th goal as it happened. Crazy they got another 2.

The thing about Walcott is, for us Arsenal fans, we know that he is a good finisher and has bags of pace. But Wenger put him on the wings (which is where Henry started, actually) and this made him a very frustrating, occasionally brilliant, player to watch. He can't really dribble, he can't do skill. All you need to do is put men behind the ball and he'll never get through them.

I am conflicted on whether we should sell him or not. On one hand, he is the only player who offers genuine pace in our team and is deadly on the counter. On the other, he is massively frustrating and there are moments of 'headless chicken' about him.

K1LLER7

Walcott's good run will end soon imo. He's like Nani in that they'll have a good run of form and when on form, they're up there with the best in the league. Then they have a bad couple of games and start to frustrate again. If he can consistantly play like he did today or like against Reading, he'll be a top player.

Kyoufu

Kyoufu i do not know if I have told you this

but you are growing on me

#RelegationBros

Walcott's good run will end soon imo. He's like Nani in that they'll have a good run of form and when on form, they're up there with the best in the league. Then they have a bad couple of games and start to frustrate again. If he can consistantly play like he did today or like against Reading, he'll be a top player.

Every player not named Messi goes through bad form. It's not a big deal. I think he should stay at Arsenal. If he leaves for say Liverpool or Chelsea then he could end up flopping under a different regime and playstyle.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to it. Martinez used Clevgod very well, but I don't think Henriquez will be ahead of Kone/Di Santo. Should get some gametime though.

Wigan actually play some decent football this season; if he can keep Di Santo out of the side (Kone's going nowhere) then I'll be very pleased.

"Nani's contract isn't up until the end of next season. We need him. He has a future here. He's got an incredible talent and offers something different to the others players we have. Why would I want to let him go? He's been injured and is on a break to Dubai to aid his recovery. I don't think we will have him back until the middle of January".

Doesn't sound like he is leaving.

Clegg

He didn't try and fake an injury -- it was an incredibly hard foul and falling on his hip undoubtedly hurt quite a bit. I'd imagine the adrenaline took over. He's a firey guy.

Can't believe Arsenal finished with 7. Glances at my phone and saw it was 4-3 and then noticed the 5th goal as it happened. Crazy they got another 2.

Sorry.

He fell to the floor and started writhing in agony for 2.5 seconds. Then he hopped up and started acting like a little bitch.

K1LLER7

#RelegationBros

Every player not named Messi goes through bad form. It's not a big deal. I think he should stay at Arsenal. If he leaves for say Liverpool or Chelsea then he could end up flopping under a different regime and playstyle.
Agree that he should stay at Arsenal. I'd take him because Valencia sucks but we've got RVP firing so they can keep him and we'll use the money on Evildowski.

It is if you haven't got anyone else there to carry the team. Say If Ba was to have a bad couple of months now and stopped scoring so many goals, along with all those injuries, it could ruin your teams season. Anyway, you guys are getting relegated for not buying Bebe :p

Dat #Bebetan Future.

K1LLER7

"Nani's contract isn't up until the end of next season. We need him. He has a future here. He's got an incredible talent and offers something different to the others players we have. Why would I want to let him go? He's been injured and is on a break to Dubai to aid his recovery. I don't think we will have him back until the middle of January".

Doesn't sound like he is leaving.

Transfer price increases :)

Fergie said United usually get their players signed to a new contract when they've only got 2 years remaining.

How did he get injured in the first place?

Salvadora

Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri
Arsenal contacted Parma for the french algerian-rooted fw Belfodil, 20 yo, according to Sky Italy. Exploring the chance to sign him in June
I can tell u Belfodil is a very interesting young player, pace and quality, perfect for Wenger system, and still his limits are unseen

@FitzgeraldNO5 as said, Sneijder agreed to deal with Tottenham, but everything depends from a bid (that so far hasn't arrived from anybody)

Wilbur

Banned
sneijder is one of the most overrated players in the world.

he had one good year post-ajax.

Yeah I agree. 2009/10 he was incredible. But apart from that he's rather underwhelming for the most part. Was the only good Dutch player at the Euros though.

Clegg

Has been known to.

We won't get Sneijder, but I'm just glad the club's making sensible moves and trying. If it's true, of course.

Id a number 10 really what Liverpool needs most right now?

Have Gerrard play there for the remainder of the season and focus on a new striker/wide forward in January.

Zabojnik

It's weird because I don't know a fan that rates him, and he isn't particularly talked up in the media... so I don't know why he's overrated :lol

All but one of his Serie A trophies weren't actually won by him, right?

Like I said the other day, for the type of club City want to be, they need a top tier manager. Mancini is third tier at a push.

Well, mostly by italian journos and Merda fans, I suppose, though last year there were quite a few people that were 'okay with him' here. His Serie A trophies are paper trophies, worthless. They had to get rid of us by putting up the travesty that was Farsopoli before they could 'win' anything. Thankfully the natural order of things has been restored. Inter ladrona, Juve padrona.

By 'overrated' I really mean 'considered to be an actual manager'.

Arnie

Id a number 10 really what Liverpool needs most right now?

Have Gerrard play there for the remainder of the season and focus on a new striker/wide forward in January.

It's exactly what we need.

And any potential deal doesn't stop the Sturridge and Ince transfers.

Top Bottom