• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT10| A Street Ass Named Premier

Wilbur

Banned
Cole is 32, Baines is 28. Gibbs is 23. In a few years he'll be England's first choice.

Yeah but I don't think that means he's fantastic, just the best of the bunch

He is pretty fantastic, come on. His stats before his injury this season were something I would usually post.

He's pretty good. Nothing special. He might be very good, but he's not very good positionally, he's not very strong... got some pace to him though.

Yeah but I don't think that means he's fantastic, just the best of the bunch

He's pretty good. Nothing special. He might be very good, but he's not very good positionally, he's not very strong... got some pace to him though.

I'm not saying he's fantastic, but he's definitely an England international.

Arnie

Capello and Hodgson both seem to have problems with Micah Richards.

Because, contrary to what a consortium of ignorant spenks will tell you, he isn't that great. And his fitness is fucked.

I've never laughed more than when people were arguing against Johnson being England's number one right back.

The best was when he didn't make it into the team for the Euros, then he went to Team GB and played shit.

3Sixty

3Sixty will want a word with you.

kdOON.png

Believe more in that kid than Gibbs and Bertrand.

Fo' real

Salvadora

Whilst he has to be as defensively as strong as he is offensively, I think if he had an injury prone season you would be calling a #GibbsFuture.

Clegg

Because, contrary to what a consortium of ignorant spenks will tell you, he isn't that great. And his fitness is fucked.

I've never laughed more than when people were arguing against Johnson being England's number one right back.

The best was when he didn't make it into the team for the Euros, then he went to Team GB and played shit.

I never particularly rated Richards. But I read articles singing his virtues and wondered if I was missing something.

Lets just all agree that the English national team will be up to much hilarity and over hyping, who becomes the next right and left backs won't matter that much, England winning as many trophies as their backbone Arsenal will.

LTWheels

Richards refused to be a stand-by to be called up for the squad if there was an injury. That is why Kelly was called up ahead of him.

Kyoufu

Lets just all agree that the English national team will be up to much hilarity and over hyping, who becomes the next right and left backs won't matter that much, England winning as many trophies as their backbone Arsenal will.

They'll do a Chelsea and park a couple of buses at the World Cup and win the whole thing.

Salvadora

But we'll stop losing players to Barcelona!

3Sixty

No way.

#ShawLallanaWardProwseFuture

Diego Buonaoette to Palermo on a loan deal with option to buy? Yes please. FM legend! La Liga GAF knows how he has been doing? Can only be imagining badly if he considers going to fucking Palermo.

In much worse news, Dossena is apparently a done deal to Palermo too. Nice to see the management buying in though and do everything to avoid relegation. Also rumored is Borriellol

Kyoufu

Banned paper are hilarious.

They say Real want De Gea as long-term Casillas replacement and Newcastle are confident of having Ba's replacement by the Everton game.

:lol

Fady K

Nope, I want to see Rodgers given two seasons at least.

You'll never build a team up in less, and to expect so is nonsense. Sure, it'd be great to have Rafa back, and I hope that happens eventually, at some point down the line, but Rodgers deserves a fair chance. Performance wise we've looked very good this season, but been undone by a thin squad and some misfortune. Not only that but our mentality's poor, thus making us inconsistent.

We might look it but we aren't a million miles away from the likes of Spurs and Arsenal, I'm sure of it.

He might've improved slightly but he's still not a Liverpool player.

I don't want him back, and getting him out the door was a massive weight off our shoulders. Every time the team struggled to score in a game, or a cross sails over Suarez's head, you'd have the calls to throw him on, and he's a frustratingly incapable player.

Praying that we get the £17 million from West Ham, literally on my knees praying.

Two seasons sounds like a good amount of time to see his capabilities. I think he'll get 2 years at least. He can iron out a few things - maybe add a couple of decent players and offload any excess baggage as soon as this January. Did West Ham mention anything about their plans for Carroll recently? Was the loan meant for the whole season?

If there's one word I'd describe Rafa's tactics with, its 'systematic.' The formation is the same every week. Only the player behind the striker has real freedom. If there's a hole in the other team, it will be exploited, even if it means taking focus away from the star players. If there's a hole in the team when the other team has the ball, it will be plugged. Wingers have to defend, fullbacks have to attack, centre backs have to be positionally sound, midfielders have to mark, pressure, tackle, pass and keep play ticking over. There is no room for anonymity and indiscipline. Players have to get used to being rotated, so expect a few whinges from idiots when he leaves, as we got from Benayoun and Crouch

He bought Garcia, Alonso, Reina, Agger, Skrtel, Aurelio, Kuyt, Torres, Arbeloa, Johnson, Mascherano and Benayoun, as well as turning Carragher into a brilliant CB. They're good enough for me :D

I wanted him to stay around, but Rodgers just doesn't fancy him, and is unwilling to sacrifice his tactics to see if it could have worked out. I liked him for reasons I can't explain :D

With Chelsea I noticed him switching a few players around more frequently than AVB or Di Matteo. WOW @ the list of players he bought. That is a great list! I am curious to know what your reasons were for liking him hahaha.

I've found that I can't play racing games anymore. Genre is dead to me.

WIPEOUT HD/2048 BRO! Also - we have some very decent Kart games this gen. Modnation Racers is quite awesome and the new Sonic racer (subtitled All Star Racing Transformed) is *great* fun! Also Criterion is kicking ass as usual with their Need for Speed games (Most Wanted and especially Hot Pursuit).

Wipeout HD is the best racing game since Burnout 3

AGREED. SONY LIVERPOOL NEEDS TO RETURN </3

Nice to hear, I still haven't played it even though I've had it for quite a while now. Might give it a go soon. Uncharted 2 is the best.

Likewise by the way - I had it for many months now but finally got around to starting it and boy, it is *GREAT*!!!! There is a bigger emphasis on exploring than I remember in previous Uncharted games, the treasures are well hidden and are very fun to find! Great graphics, fun story, excellent voice acting as per the usual with this series, great gunplay, etc. You'll like it at least!

I miss Barca btw! A week left to go!

I love my 3DS. Can't wait for Luigi's Mansion and Animal Crossing next year.

I'm also looking forward to the Castlevania game, even though it may be mediocre by the look of things :(

Who is your avatar?

Nice photo there dc, you look like a cheerful fella :D

Mata has been fucking incredible this season.

Favorite CFC player this season!

Salvadora

Post more! I PM''d some Arsenal supporters here and they said they used to post before the purge. Why that meant they couldn't post now, I don't know.
Banned paper are hilarious.

They say Real want De Gea as long-term Casillas replacement and Newcastle are confident of having Ba's replacement by the Everton game.

:lol
I can't wait to see United try to stay the course against Spanish DNA.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Can't stay away from us, can you?

This is the football thread isn't it?

We can talk about BAE's imminent rise from the ashes of last season if you like. Soon his glorious hair will return to our starting XI and his dragback/dribble combo shall bamboozle opposition players and his mighty longshots will smite our enemies.

None can best the combined might of Huddlefro and Disco Benny's heavenly barnets.

Salvadora

This is the football thread isn't it?

We can talk about BAE's imminent rise from the ashes of last season if you like. Soon his glorious hair will return to our starting XI and his dragback/dribble combo shall bamboozle opposition players and his mighty longshots will smite our enemies.

None can best the combined might of Huddlefro and Disco Benny's heavenly barnets.

I was only joking :p I love it when you post about Arsenal.
He's still on twitter under a different name

PM me it pls.

Top Bottom