• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT10| A Street Ass Named Premier

Wilshere, Jenkinson, Gibbs, Walcott (lol), Zaha etc. Don't be jelly. Maybe Arsene has learnt to never trust foreigners because they are not loyal, which is sorta true.

It's been confirmed, Wenger trusts the English more than foreign players:

"It is… not by coincidence, it is down to the work that we have done that we have more good English players," said Wenger.

"We look first at quality. If the quality is local, it is of course even better because it gives you more guarantee of stability because the players who are English who play for Arsenal are more likely to stay for a longer term than foreign players.

"But we look first at quality, that is the most important thing."

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/wenger-english-core-is-no-coincidence

Salvadora

It's been confirmed, Wenger trusts the English more than foreign players:

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/wenger-english-core-is-no-coincidence

And I'm not surprised in the slightest to be honest. I think if Wenger genuinely agreed to give Walcott reign up front he wouldn't leave.
Gibbs is a terrible left back. Could maybe play wing-back though.
He's class. Don't let that Newcastle game cloud it, he's talented as fuck.

GQman2121

Banned
Wilshere is as loyal as they come. Believe me, he won't leave. I was going to make a Lightning-esque comment here but you get the drift. He is Arsenal.

I don't see him leaving anytime in the next decade. I've already tagged him as England captain at some point too. There's just something about the way he carries himself.

Anderson

He's class. Don't let that Newcastle game cloud it, he's talented as fuck.

I think he's great going forward, his defensive ability has come along way but he's exposed way to often, sometimes his fault, sometimes our other players not helping out

Do need cover for him though as Santos scares the hell out of me when he plays

Salvadora

I don't see him leaving anytime in the next decade. I've already tagged him as England captain at some point too. There's just something about the way he carries himself.

I know I come across as a fanboy but I genuinely think he has the potential to be one of the best players in the world. When he talks about Arsenal I never get the feeling he is talking shit either, he loves the club. Arsene will leave a great legacy at this club, regardless of his results.

Wilshere's going to be the best English player of his generation. As good as Gerrard or Rooney.

The way he played vs Switzerland at Wembley before he got injured was amazing. Saw him live once too and he has a real presence and will which you can sense, beyond his obv talent.

Wish wish wish United had him. Hopefully we get in there before City do.

Salvadora

Rooney
Rio
Carrick
Smalling
Jones
Clev
Welbz
Young
Powellinho

Arsenal plz.
I meant this generation, old man. Young :lol :lol Cleverly :lol :lol Jones :lol :lol
I think he's great going forward, his defensive ability has come along way but he's exposed way to often, sometimes his fault, sometimes our other players not helping out

Do need cover for him though as Santos scares the hell out of me when he plays
He was fantastic at the start of the season and then got that injury. If he remains injury free he will be fantastic.

Wilbur

Banned
Jones will be twice the player Gibbs is. I don't understand why everyone thinks Jones is shit all of a sudden. He had a great half season, a bad half season. He had a great season before at Blackburn. He's not even 20 yet, is he?

edit: my mistake, 21 in Feb

bud

gibbs is a decent footballer, and he certainly has some flair. his main objective is to defend, however--and he's absolute shit at that, robbie.

Jones will be twice the player Gibbs is. I don't understand why everyone thinks Jones is shit all of a sudden. He had a great half season, a bad half season. He had a great season before at Blackburn. He's not even 20 yet, is he?

Jones plays CB, Gibbs plays LB.

Salvadora

He looks like a future England captain.
x3SNn.jpg

Anderson

From the Real January thread, I did not expect Man City's Head of PR to look like this

RkXy6.jpg

He's like a slightly hairier version of this

giantreggieface.jpg

Hixx

From the Real January thread, I did not expect Man City's Head of PR to look like this

[IM]http://i.imgur.com/RkXy6.jpg[/IMG]

He's like a slightly hairier version of this

[IM]http://kotaku.com/assets/resources/2007/12/giantreggieface.jpg[/IMG]

Are you trying to say all PR people look the same?

RACIST

also this Quakers porridge shit is sickly as fuck and they suggested using far too much milk fuck sake

ready brek 4 life

Outside of Cole and Baines, who are both rather old, Gibbs is the best English leftback. Bertrand may be competition in the future, but right now Gibbs is better.

kharma45

FIFA online can go fuck itself at times. When the game wants you to lose it really doesn't give you a single decision in your favour.

I know I come across as a fanboy but I genuinely think he has the potential to be one of the best players in the world. When he talks about Arsenal I never get the feeling he is talking shit either, he loves the club. Arsene will leave a great legacy at this club, regardless of his results.

Absolutely love him to bits. Going to be our future captain fo'sho.

I think Frimpong could break into the first team in a few years, he seems to love the club as much as Wilshere does. But he needs to mature, and fast.

I meant this generation, old man. Young :lol :lol Cleverly :lol :lol Jones :lol :lol

He was fantastic at the start of the season and then got that injury. If he remains injury free he will be fantastic.
That same Cleverly :lol :lol pulled down Wilshere panties, put them on himself, farted in them and stuffed them down Jack's throat before he passed Santi Claus and Thunderbird face off the pitch.

So STFU.

bud

frimpong seems very... unstable.

That same Cleverly :lol :lol pulled down Wilshere panties, put them on himself, farted in them and stuffed them down Jack's throat before he passed Santi Claus and Thunderbird face off the pitch.

So STFU.

are you talking about this season? it was one of wilshere's first games in quite some time, robbie.

Clegg

Still unsure about Jones.

He has the talent to be a good player but right now he reminds me of David Luiz. Poor positionally and may have to reinvent himself as a midfielder.

Smalling is the better player at this moment in time.

Wilbur

Banned
Outside of Cole and Baines, who are both rather old, Gibbs is the best English leftback. Bertrand may be competition in the future, but right now Gibbs is better.

Yeah but you're saying outside of two fantastic left backs, the only fantastic ones we have, the next best one is an okay left back

Top Bottom