• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT10| A Street Ass Named Premier

Meier

City now have conceded only 1 fewer goal than Chelsea despite 2 more games. Doubt that'll change tomorrow but not bad given what the media would have you believe.

Lightning

Banned
I wonder if this result/performance will result in some business being done, might be good for us, who knows.
If that performance doesn't convince Wenger we need reinforcing I'm not sure what will. Perhaps the home hiding City will give us in 11 days.

Hope we have enough to best Swansea this weekend to avoid being knocked out of the FA cup.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
City now have conceded only 1 fewer goal than Chelsea despite 2 more games. Doubt that'll change tomorrow but not bad given what the media would have you believe.

City's defense has stabilised.

It's only Hart making major errors now.

I really must stop listening to 606 or any kind of football phone in show. It's not even Robbie Savage who pisses me off, it's just the sheer stupidity of the fans who phone in.

It'd be much better if they just got in some decent journalists in to talk over the key points of the day at length and have some proper debate going rather than the general public spouting the kind of cliches I'd expect from the match of the day panel.

P.S Can anyone recommend a decent footy podcast with some international coverage that isn't Football Weekly on the Guardian?

K1LLER7

RVP after todays game:

“This is a special team,” he told MUTV. “Everybody wants to help each other. Everybody's keen for everyone to score. Defenders are working their socks off for the midfielders, the midfielders are working for the strikers... everybody wants to run and everybody has one target in their mind.

“We have to look at it game by game but everybody wants to be champions. I feel that I'm surrounded by champions. They know how to win and that makes it really easy for me.”

dc89

UP is such a wonderful movie. :) it's the only animation where I feel I'm truly attached to the characters. It makes me kinda emotional :(

GolazoDan

Remember when Pulis missed the first half of a game (against Villa I think) for personal reasons but then HE APPEARED for the second half, was fucking awesome.

Arnie

UP is such a wonderful movie. :) it's the only animation where I feel I'm truly attached to the characters. It makes me kinda emotional :(
It really is. That montage at the beginning of the pair growing old together, maybe it's the residual effects of last night lingering on, but I wanted to break down into tears.
Haha, the irony of your response being that my name is actually Robbie.
That's crazy, Darren.
OMG don't u just luv him
:lol :lol :lol

Whilst I was getting ready to go out last night I saw a video of Suarez wishing me happy new year on facebook and it all got a bit much.

K1LLER7

OMG don't u just luv him

He's surrounded by champions

_65027670_65027660.jpg

Watching Darts is fucking bizarre. Pundits, form guides, chants, tactics, analysis. I know when you break it down every sport is simple, but darts takes it to the extreme. Its two fat blokes throwing a piece of metal at a board.

The dog character puts me off of watching Up

Yen

Remember when Pulis missed the first half of a game (against Villa I think) for personal reasons but then HE APPEARED for the second half, was fucking awesome.

And because the tunnel was at the other end of the pitch, he had to sprint across the pitch to get to the bench, all to a standing ovation.

T-Pul is the man. As I've said many a time, he should be the England manager (and I'm not being ironic or taking the piss)

LegoArmo

Watching Darts is fucking bizarre. Pundits, form guides, chants, tactics, analysis. I know when you break it down every sport is simple, but darts takes it to the extreme. Its two fat blokes throwing a piece of metal at a board.

The dog character puts me off of watching Up

Pretty much all individual sports have a huge mental aspect. I think it's a quality game. Hitting the targets, that small, with that amount of consistency is pretty impressive too.

And because the tunnel was at the other end of the pitch, he had to sprint across the pitch, all to a standing ovation.

T-Pul is the man. As I've said many a time, he should be the England manager (and I'm not being ironic or taking the piss)

Thinking about it, he would create the team best suited to the players we have. I can;t help but get the feeling that he'd just go with his Stoke players rather than implementing the best we have into the system

Lightning

Banned
Marseille are twice the team your current side is.

Sorry. I know it hurts. But it's just the way it is.
Lol. No just no. French sides are shit and Liverpool would be able to hold their own against any of them. PSG are much like Man City in they have money without brains. The prices they have paid for players could have come out of a fictional fairy tale and they are still not that good a side.

Wilbur

Banned
Lol. No just no. French sides are shit and Liverpool would be able to hold their own against any of them. PSG are much like Man City in they have money without brains. The prices they have paid for players could have come out of a fictional fairy tale and they are still not that good a side.

They actually qualified for the second round of the CL. Not too much like City at all.

Timurid

LOL Psg knows how to spend their money unlike city.

Top Bottom