• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT10| A Street Ass Named Premier

Sometimes it's better to ask here and spur some discussion rather than googling.

With that said, I'm sorry for asking.

In stuff like this I'd suggest rather than saying "was he any good?", I'd ask how influential was he in winning those trophies, what was his style of play, would he still be considered a great player in this era. Pep was a club legend at Barcelona before he begun his managerial career, and it goes without saying that club legends at huge European teams are decent players. Sorry If I jumped down your throat, I just thought the questions was... naive maybe? Sorry.

Posted a recent photograph in the 2013 pictures thread. Have a look there, think it's just a quirk of the photo. Either that or I'll reverse into a corner like a scared dog.

Boosh, Warrior trackies lad.

QUOTE]Yep, everything looks to be in order. I still think you're the poor mans Tom Hardy. Which couldn't be a bad thing for us mere mortals.

Feorax

what's the deal with cole's wages? can he take a wage cut or will we end up paying part of a 50k split or something?

West Ham won't be able to afford what he's on now, even with a free transfer. We'll probably pay him a lump sum in the region of 50% of what he would be paid over the next 18 months, then it's up to West Ham to agree terms with him.

Wilbur

Banned
In stuff like this I'd suggest rather than saying "was he any good?", I'd ask how influential was he in winning those trophies, what was his style of play, would he still be considered a great player in this era. Pep was a club legend at Barcelona before he begun his managerial career, and it goes without saying that club legends at huge European teams are decent players. Sorry If I jumped down your throat, I just thought the questions was... naive maybe? Sorry.

Kyoufu only started watching football in May 2012 when he found out Newcastle were a signing or two away from winning the league again, specifically the signing of a French right back.

His return didn't go down well.

Oh no, arry chose a 4-4-3 formation.

the only logical choice would be a 8-0-2 and just park the bus before booting the ball upfield in the hope that it goes somewhere

i should be qpr manager :[

Randdalf

Just had to play my backup goalkeeper at left back in Football Manager as he was my only substitute (AFCON, injuries, and the U19 team conspired to make it that way) and the player in that position got injured. Still won 4-1.

Just saw the Chelsea team, weak enough by their standards! QPRs hope rest with Turnbull having a shocker!

I'm currently organising a game of 5-a-side for tomorrow night, I'm terribly unfit so that should be fun

Arnie

I think it's rude to ask for pubic hair back, considering they grow relatively quickly anyway

Do you not get frustrated at how speedy your pubes grow, compared to the lethargic follicles on the rest of your clay-like body?

I get pissed at how hair grows on my arms and back. Like, just why?

Get to the pub/clubs.
/alleys
We got to the last 8 of the FA Cup last year

shithouse
I love this post.

So fucking concise. It's like the anti-formation.

Wilbur

Banned
Just had to play my backup goalkeeper at left back in Football Manager as he was my only substitute (AFCON, injuries, and the U19 team conspired to make it that way) and the player in that position got injured. Still won 4-1.

Fuck I haven't played FM for ages.

Gonna start again tonight. QPR I will take you into the Champions League playing possession based football, or my name isn't Wilbury, scourge of teenage females

Wes

venison crêpe

That's some Pardew-esque player positioning there.

We got to the last 8 of the FA Cup last year

shithouse

Don't remind me of last year's FA Cup. All that work to get to the final, then we just didn't turn up until Carroll came on, then he missed a sitter in the last minute (great save, but should never have been given the slightest chance of getting there)

:(

Wilbur

Banned
Get to the pub/clubs.

There's a South African bird that fancies the pants off me that I'm considering taking a run at in a month or so. She's fun. Hot. Problem is, she used to shoot monkeys with BB guns when they stole things from her fridge. I just wanna get a yoghurt without finding a pellet lodged in my helmet.

Do you not get frustrated at how speedy your pubes grow, compared to the lethargic follicles on the rest of your clay-like body?

I get pissed at how hair grows on my arms and back. Like, just why?

what is body hair

Fuck I haven't played FM for ages.

Gonna start again tonight. QPR I will take you into the Champions League playing possession based football, or my name isn't Wilbury, scourge of teenage females

I was QPR once. Thought I'd be like Harry and talk shit about all the players I wanted to sign. Said that I'd love to sign messi and will do everything I can to get him. He responded saying its not often a club like QPR comes calling. I bid my whole transfer budget of 10 million on him. Barca rejected it. Fuck Barca.

Wilbur

Banned
I was QPR once. Thought I'd be like Harry and talk shit about all the players I wanted to sign. Said that I'd love to sign messi and will do everything I can to get him. He responded saying its not often a club like QPR comes calling. I bid my whole transfer budget of 10 million on him. Barca rejected it. Fuck Barca.

:lol

Relegate them please

I'm giving it a bloody good go. I think I'm bottom, actually.

Started today, and did a bit of practical work. It's ass.

If we win I'll stay up tonight working. If not I'll masturbate myself into a painful nightmare that consists of Frazier Campbell rounding Reina.

Supposed to be but I'm taking a trip to Dublin for a couple of days instead haha.

Be glad you don't have a dissertation to hand in as well.
I have some planned reading for tonight but struggling to bring myself to do it.

Edit: Enjoy Dublin, Kharma. Been considering taking a wee jaunt done myself.

Arnie

Right, have to watch PAD on an iPad, because it's not happy with my internet and JWPlayer, whereas the portable player is different. Fuck knows how I unblock ports and allow RTMP access. I aint no number bod.

PJX

The end of Coates?

Carragher is pissing me off a little now to be honest. The man is a club legend but he's on a mega contract and is blocking the progress of our young defenders.

Getting tired of Rodgers and his treatment of Coates. The guy hasn't done anything wrong but yet getting treated like shit. I didn't see him drop Gerrard when he scored the own goal.

So far the players he has bought in hasn't been great at all or he plays them out of position. Hopefully I'm wrong but I don't see Sturridge being a success.

Top Bottom