• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT10| A Street Ass Named Premier

I thought Sturridge was greedy?

Well he did leave City cause he wanted to be the best paid teenager in the premier league... ;)

But you get the damn best deal you can, can't blame players for that, will no doubt get worked out.

Sturridge talking about how he's good mates with Hendo and Allen.

Smells like team spirit.

Smells like the usual stuff you say when you sign for a new club. "Yeah I'm good friends with XXXX from Usomething national team" might as well be a standard line in announcements. Not that it might not be true, but ... It sounds rather crazy if he wouldn't have some friends on most Premier League teams.

bud

I honestly think this whole Carroll issue has been blown out of proportion because of the club he's joined, had he joined Manchester United people would be hailing him as the next Rooney. Forget the money, because at the end of the day it doesn't effect anyone or any team, Andy Carroll is a top young talent and it was FSG's mantra that Liverpool would secure the brightest young talents for the club. They have done that and proven their determination to do so, at any cost.

Hixx

Interesting...if you were to look at the ending as a whole (leviathan DLC and expanded ending included) - how does it change your perception of it overall?

Tbh I just feel indifferent. Didn't really like the ending, didn't dislike it. I'm just interested to find out which ending will be canonical.

Arnie

In that article it says Newcastle will get £3 million and Ba and his agents get the rest.

Do you have a Times subscription? If so, which one, and is it worth it?

Thinking of investing.

I honestly think this whole Carroll issue has been blown out of proportion because of the club he's joined, had he joined Manchester United people would be hailing him as the next Rooney. Forget the money, because at the end of the day it doesn't effect anyone or any team, Andy Carroll is a top young talent and it was FSG's mantra that Liverpool would secure the brightest young talents for the club. They have done that and proven their determination to do so, at any cost.
It was an admirable statement from the club, but without doubt a huge blunder. It's the style difference that frustrated me; we bought Suarez to play with Torres, and we replaced Torres with a big lug who lacks pace and a finisher's instinct.

Sturridge talking about how he's good mates with Hendo and Allen.

Smells like team spirit.

How about Suarez? :O
(j/k, don't hate)

I like how Liverpool is becoming the go-to place for talented youth (with Sterling having signed a new contract too) - kinda reminds me of Dortmund.
Well, Arsenal is probably still n1 in that department, but it seems like it has gotten harder for their talents to break through since Wenger is seemingly more and more pressured into being successful (or maybe I'm wrong).

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Roxerpool it is then. Dat Suarez.

It's painful to watch world class strikers.

iboCBCquZHUWH0.gif

Bioshock is the only fps of this gen that I found to be god-tier.

Reach's multiplayer, too.

Far Cry 3 was really decent, give it a try. Also (I don't know if it counts but) Deus Ex!

Arnie

How about Suarez? :O
(j/k, don't hate)

I like how Liverpool is becoming the go-to place for talented youth (with Sterling having signed a new contract too) - kinda reminds me of Dortmund.
Well, Arsenal is probably still n1 in that department, but it seems like it has gotten harder for their talents to break through since Wenger is seemingly more and more pressured into being successful (or maybe I'm wrong).
It's an exciting prospect, sure, and I'm glad we're getting talents like Suso, Sterling, Shelvey, Allen, and Hendo, but I just wish we'd balance it out with experience, also. It's impossible to expect these inexperienced players to compete at the level Liverpool fans expect. The club will always push for the top four at a minimum, and that's only attainable with the right mentality, which comes from playing and performing well consistently. Players like Kuyt, Maxi, and Bellamy know what that takes, and how to do it, but we're selling them and replacing them with young, spunky talents.

We'll improve with time, NQAT, but it breeds frustrating viewing at this early stage.
Nope it says that just before the article gets cut off. Isn't the subscription is something like £16 a month? Decent content, but still.
It is a lot, I suppose. They're great for content, though, as you say. I'm tempted.
I hate the term 'development squad', it's somehow even more patronising than 'reserve team', yet builds them up like giants.

Arnie

Team for tonight: #LFC team v Sunderland: Reina, Wisdom, Johnson, Agger, Skrtel, Gerrard, Henderson, Lucas, Downing, Sterling, Suarez.

Liverpool subs: Jones, Sahin, Carragher, Shelvey, Allen, Robinson, Suso.

Sturridge has to play as the furthest forward for 'Pool. Try and play him anywhere else and they are fucked.

On team sheets and as the team lines up he'll be on either side of Suarez, but as play develops he'll shift into the central spearhead as Suarez buzzes around the pitch and creates space and headaches. Rodgers talked to fans lately about how he wanted to bring someone in who could play wide of him, but arrive in the centre when Suarez does all his dinky shit on the byline.

If he stays fit I think he'll be a great signing.

ShogunX

Team for tonight: #LFC team v Sunderland: Reina, Wisdom, Johnson, Agger, Skrtel, Gerrard, Henderson, Lucas, Downing, Sterling, Suarez.

Liverpool subs: Jones, Sahin, Carragher, Shelvey, Allen, Robinson, Suso.

The end of Coates?

Carragher is pissing me off a little now to be honest. The man is a club legend but he's on a mega contract and is blocking the progress of our young defenders.

GQman2121

Banned
Well that's Stan Collymore's guess, but Stan Collymore is an idiot.

Honestly, he's probably just spending money in the neighborhood and figured he'd catch a game. We're all so on edge around this time of the year, that we'll take anything and make a story out of it. :p

In team news: Rafa really is doing his damnedest to keep the three amigos apart. Mata and Hazard on the bench. Marin | Oscar | Moses are behind Torres.

Deus Ex isn't really a pure first person shooter, think most would put it as a RPG before FPS and all STALKER games has been so fucking buggy and shitty, even if I did love just adventuring around in the first one.
Did you play it with the Complete Mod? Because you should play it with the Complete Mod

Meier

Richards is out until the end of February (a real shame as he has played really well in his limited time this season) so I don't think he'd transfer this window. I could see it happening in the future perhaps though as Zaba has RB pretty well locked down and I doubt Micah will want to be second choice. He's a great squad player for us though especially if/when Kolo leaves.

Did you play it with the Complete Mod? Because you should play it with the Complete Mod

I played it hardcore style when it was first released and completely unoptimized. Played the alpha too which was so fucked lol. Did try the complete mod later, but it was so aged at that point that meh, bought them all with the sequels not that long ago but haven't gotten far into them.

Top Bottom