• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT10| A Street Ass Named Premier

Zabojnik

Deus Ex isn't really a pure first person shooter, think most would put it as a RPG before FPS and all STALKER games has been so fucking buggy and shitty, even if I did love just adventuring around in the first one.

Wish we'd hear about Deus Ex's sequel already. Or CD Projekt's new rpg. I need my cyberpunk / sci-fi gaming fix.

Fry

WHAT

Brazils-Felipe-Melo-shout-006.jpg

iuVQsFPW2F9Dn.gif

Arnie

The end of Coates?

Carragher is pissing me off a little now to be honest. The man is a club legend but he's on a mega contract and is blocking the progress of our young defenders.
Looks like it.

If he does go to one of the Italian suitors, I really hope it's a loan, I can't see what the lad's done wrong? He made one mistake in the Europa League, but every other performance he's given he's been solid, and played above my expectations. Obviously I'm not naive enough to think I know better than Rodgers, because he sees the lad every day and wants the best for the club just like us, but man, Coates must be shite in training.

Kyoufu

#NUFC (4-2-3-1) v #EFC: Krul; Perch, Williamson, Coloccini (c), Santon; Tiote, Anita; Cisse, Marveaux, Obertan; Shola Ameobi. #BPL

I'm confused..............................................

why is Shola starting. :/

fucking injuries

Hixx

Mignolet; Gardner, Cuellar, Kilgallon, Rose; Johnson, Larsson, Colback, McClean; Sessegnon; Fletcher.

Nowt else we could play to be honest. Squad is so thin.

#NUFC (4-2-3-1) v #EFC: Krul; Perch, Williamson, Coloccini (c), Santon; Tiote, Anita; Cisse, Marveaux, Obertan; Shola Ameobi. #BPL

Amazing! A chance to play Cisse as the lone striker again and he plays Ameobi!

That's the end of Coates. We'll regret the way he's been shunned. Would prefer to keep Johnson on the right and play Robinson.

Can't wait for Carragher to retire tbh

Zabojnik

Yeah I need that cyberpunk game, going to be amazing. Did Human Revolution actually do well? Wouldn't mind a sequel to that either.

Yeah, it did well. It'll never be COD, obviously, but ~2.5mil is none too shabby. More than enought to warrant a sequel, I reckon.

Yen

Wish we'd hear about Deus Ex's sequel already. Or CD Projekt's new rpg. I need my cyberpunk / sci-fi gaming fix.
Safe to assume that DE4 will be next gen now, need to learn about those consoles first.
Looks like it.

If he does go to one of the Italian suitors, I really hope it's a loan, I can't see what the lad's done wrong? He made one mistake in the Europa League, but every other performance he's given he's been solid, and played above my expectations. Obviously I'm not naive enough to think I know better than Rodgers, because he sees the lad every day and wants the best for the club just like us, but man, Coates must be shite in training.

Meant to be looking at that Mirin guy from Valenciennes.

Wilbur

Banned

fucking injuries

Oh my god

Pardew

Why are you guys all saying it's the end of Coates?

As in I know he's not been picked much but is there any indication he is about to be sold?

PowderedToast

sad for coates, but writing has been on the wall for a while. rodgers just doesn't like him

i dunno, i don't think it's wise to be letting solid defenders out on loan with an already thin squad. he is slow and a bit dumb at times but he's not shit. and who's gonna play monopoly with suarez and lucas now?? think about the ham butties b-rod

As in I know he's not been picked much but is there any indication he is about to be sold?

rumours about potential loan/sale have been circling for a while, not appearing on benches when he quite frankly should be there

sometimes you can just feel it

Arnie

Right, so PAD tells me 'server not found' when I try to stream on my laptop now, but works when I use an iPad. Anyone know what the problem is there?

Tony Barrett said we're looking to offload him to either Napoli, Juventus, or Lazio to make way for a young, French centre back from that Ligue 1 team beginning with V. Apparently he's a huge talent, and I guess Rodgers just feels if it's one of the other, he'd rather have the other. Coates is good, frustrated to be losing him (if that indeed happens).

Feorax

So, Cole's having a medical at West Ham, apparently.

Hope its permanent. Please be permanent. Probably a loan.

Can't be a loan if they've got Carroll I don't think.

Will be permanent free transfer and we'll give him a payoff for a percentage of the wages remaining on his contract. That's my guess anyway.

EDIT: With Coates, there were rumours both he and Pacheco would be going on loan. With Carra looking at retiring at the end of the season, that could be the best option for all involved.

He was a good player but comparing him to Cruyff is ridiculous, he was merely one part of a good team. He wasn't exactly walking into a World XI during his playing time.

Never compared him to Cruyff, I was making the point that just because you haven't seen a famous player play, you shouldn't question the validity of whether they were any good, without at least having made the effort to Google them. One look at the record books and the players bio (ie a quick visit to Wikipedia) and you'll know that Pep was pretty damn amazing. I just thought it was a bit of a daft question.

So, Cole's having a medical at West Ham, apparently.

Hope its permanent. Please be permanent. Probably a loan.
Arnold, your avatar makes your eyebrows look like they go down to your ears. If however this isn't a product of the camera or lighting etc, I'm awfully sorry for pointing out your incredibly long eyebrows.

Hazard and Mata on the bench?

Lego and Morsel in tears.

If Johnson scores a hat-trick i'm laughing.

ijttH5SYvf0Yx.gif

Fucking piece of shit Rafa. My fantasy always gets fucked over. It's been this way since the start. Suarez couldn't score for shit in the beginning, Kagawa injured, Silva being shit and injured, etc...

Mata is my captain and Ba is the vice captain.

Yen

The Times say QPR wanted to loan him but we rejected, and now a few Italian teams are interested. Think most people suspect he'll go is because every time we sub a CB onto the pitch, it's always Carra.

Kyoufu

Never compared him to Cruyff, I was making the point that just because you haven't seen a famous player play, you shouldn't question the validity of whether they were any good, without at least having made the effort to Google them. One look at the record books and the players bio (ie a quick visit to Wikipedia) and you'll know that Pep was pretty damn amazing. I just thought it was a bit of a daft question.

Sometimes it's better to ask here and spur some discussion rather than googling.

With that said, I'm sorry for asking.

Zabojnik

Safe to assume that DE4 will be next gen now, need to learn about those consoles first.

I should hope so. I played it on the superior platform (PC), hopefully I'll be able to the same on day 1 with the new DX. I can't bring myself to play rpg-ish shooters on consoles, unless I have no other option. Still, the thought of next-gen graphics on my soon-to-be 55"+ plasma ... Nnnnngh.

Arnie

Arnold, your avatar makes your eyebrows look like they go down to your ears. If however this isn't a product of the camera or lighting etc, I'm awfully sorry for pointing out your incredibly long eyebrows.

Posted a recent photograph in the 2013 pictures thread. Have a look there, think it's just a quirk of the photo. Either that or I'll reverse into a corner like a scared dog.

Boosh, Warrior trackies lad.

Lpsjy.jpg

Wilbur

Banned
Sweet! Let's see if he does anything of note.

Eh. I kind of want Hazard on the back.

------------------------------------------------

Also holy shit I clicked on a blog made by Wilbury and I am scarred.

It's a pisstake of this girl at uni who records her every thought in a blog.

I gave up on cuntblogger pretty quick

PowderedToast

Can't be a loan if they've got Carroll I don't think.

Will be permanent free transfer and we'll give him a payoff for a percentage of the wages remaining on his contract. That's my guess anyway.

EDIT: With Coates, there were rumours both he and Pacheco would be going on loan. With Carra looking at retiring at the end of the season, that could be the best option for all involved.

what's the deal with cole's wages? can he take a wage cut or will we end up paying part of a 50k split or something?

Top Bottom