• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT10| A Street Ass Named Premier

sixghost

He only became a relatively worse player after the huge injury he had a year (or wast it two?) ago. He was sublime before that and that is when you guys wanted him. Perhaps that amazing goal he scored against you lot might jog your memory?

He wasn't good my ass. He sin't good now, but back then when he was wanted, he was. Cognitive Dissonance at its finest.

Rodwell has zero confidence in attack. You could count the number of forward passes he played all season on one hand. He was the same exact way in the 2-3 games he started for City, everything was sideways or backward. When he was playing alongside Yaya, the difference between the two was unbelievable.

Keio

For a Finer World
Newcastle with 65% possession in the 2nd half too, but very little to show for it. I can't wait for Cabaye and Ben Arfa to return for some creativity.

GQman2121

Banned
Should have started a strong side and then rest players if we have the lead. They've proven that they can get up and defend our attack.

faridmon

That was in 2010 ffs.

He hasn't been the same player since then. He was coveted for his good performances from that season but the interest waned when he got injured and returned out of form.

Right, then we agree on that, at least. That is when Man United wnated him and he opted to develop at Everton for a while longer
Hint: \he thought he would be better so Man United would pay more, Instead Mancini happened

Meh, we will get him back for £500k

Arnie

Spurs will get Champions League football. Even at this stage of the season I'm positive of that. And I'm well aware of what happened last season, but they're a different outfit under AVB. All credit to him.

faridmon

Rodwell has zero confidence in attack. You could count the number of forward passes he played all season on one hand. He was the same exact way in the 2-3 games he started for City, everything was sideways or backward. When he was playing alongside Yaya, the difference between the two was unbelievable.

Yeah, I agree with you, but, again, that was because that horrible injury he got. He seemed to be afraid of doing tackles and resort to sideways passes a lot more. Didn't he usually bomb forward when he noticed any gap left by the defense before?

Now, he is just a coward at City. He needs a motivator. He is just kid ffs.

Wilbur

Banned
Spurs will get Champions League football. Even at this stage of the season I'm positive of that. And I'm well aware of what happened last season, but they're a different outfit under AVB. All credit to him.

He's the best manager ever to work at a North London club

Wilbur

Banned
Realistically, its between QPR, Reading, Villa, Southampton and Wigan.

Reading are 100% down. QPR are like 80% down, depending on whether they can keep this up or its a fluke. And I hope those two go down because one I just don't care about and the other I abhor.

But I like the other three clubs. I want them all to stay.

Wilbur

Banned
Spenk off.

Wenger's a genius.

Yeah but is he attractive

132273_o.gif

If you can't buy a draw against QPR how are you supposed to buy trophies? I put it to you GAF.

Hire Antonio Cunte

Hixx

Realistically, its between QPR, Reading, Villa, Southampton and Wigan.

Reading are 100% down. QPR are like 80% down, depending on whether they can keep this up or its a fluke. And I hope those two go down because one I just don't care about and the other I abhor.

But I like the other three clubs. I want them all to stay.

SAFC, NUFC and Fulham are still in the shit

K1LLER7

Agree. They're on a good run at the moment and the players seem to be working well with AVB's tactics. Think they may need a creative midfielder in the summer.

Carbonox

SAFC, NUFC and Fulham are still in the shit

While I am tooting my own horn, I expect the above 3 to be fine. Providing they beat the teams below them during the final half of the season. Can't be fucking that up anymore (Newcastle for example have only beaten 3 of the bottom 10 teams).

Top Bottom