• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT10| A Street Ass Named Premier

Wilbur

Banned
I'll be nervous all the way through January regarding Suarez. I bet one team will try to go big for him. :/

Can't think who has the money and will want him. Barca/Madrid/City/Chelsea don't need him, can't see him going to Russia. PSG are the only team capable really.

Arnie

I'll be nervous all the way through January regarding Suarez. I bet one team will try to go big for him. :/
Honestly, don't be.
He's very good. Always impresses when I watch Atletico.

Not sure about him in the PL though. Would have play #10 I think. Not that he's lightweight but he'll need time and space on the ball.

Well, we need a proper number 10, badly.

Feorax

Not our fault, really.

He's not been good enough.

How good is he, really?

One of those that I've never really seen, just heard loads about.

I agree he hasn't made the impact we'd have hoped for, but I'm surprised we've never tried him as anything but a number 10 when that's not his natural position.

My concern though is that we're continuing to cut the wage bill, which is apparently the reason he is being sent back even after the summer cull of Dirk, Maxi and Bellamy, and not seeing it close to being fully re-invested.

I could be being premature, but this reeks of sell to buy, and it has me a little concerned.

Kyoufu

PSG don't really need him tbh. I'd say Liverpool are safe and anyway Suarez will probably stay for another season or two to help them get into CL. Should that fail then he'll probably think of moving.

Timurid

When did that ever stop these teams, to be fair?

Although yeah, Barca won't go for him. Chelsea and City, probably not, too.

Sorry, I'm a pessimistic cunt.

PSG doesnt need a cunt on their team. If they are going to go for someone its Baines.

I think I've got 50 points or there abouts. After January I'll use my wildcard and see where it gets me.

Also;

8SA2t.png

:(

Sell us Dzeko and we'll give you the money you need to buy De Rossi.

Wes

venison crêpe
Scousers putting SAFC branch busses windows in

Sigh

edit: and pulling kids off them, what the FUCK

Translation: Liverpool fans are using tree branches to open up the windows of coaches heading back to Sunderland and using same branches to hook children out of said vehicle.

I think.

Arnie

My concern though is that we're continuing to cut the wage bill, which is apparently the reason he is being sent back even after the summer cull of Dirk, Maxi and Bellamy, and not seeing it close to being fully re-invested.

Think you are being premature. It's not cutting all wages, it's cutting wasted ones, and Sahin's barely even a bench warmer, likely on near £100k a week. Don't really blame FSG for wanting rid. I'll say what I said about Coates, too, for those thinking it's harsh: Rodgers knows far more about the lad than we do. And from everything we've seen he's not good enough to get in this midfield within the next few months.

Translation: Liverpool fans are using tree branches to open up the windows of coaches heading back to Sunderland and using same branches to hook children out of said vehicle.

I think.
Why the fuck would anyone do that, it makes no sense. Calling bullshit on it, for now.

Clegg

I`d have thought that any possible deal for Suarez would be conducted in the summer.

January window is too short to short a time for Liverpool to sell their best player and then find a replacement of similar quality.

Arnie

I`d have thought that any possible deal for Suarez would be conducted in the summer.

January window is too short to short a time for Liverpool to sell their best player and then find a replacement of similar quality.

Contract killed anything short of a galactic fee.

Sahin is on how much per week?!

He'll have been on huge money at Real, and any team scrapping to sign him would have to pay a fair chunk, given the interest in him.

I can't say precisely, but a large amount, I'd wager.

ShogunX

Those Sunderland coaches being attacked seems so random. I mean why Sunderland?

Been a long time since I've heard of any trouble outside of Anfield.

Wilbur

Banned
A ten-year-old Leeds United fan has become embroiled in an online race row after he blacked up to pose with his hero El Hadji Diouf.

The child posted a series of pictures on his Twitter account provoking a backlash from users who said he was racist, but the primary school child said he did not realise it would be offensive and did it as a tribute to his footballing hero.

Ahead of the game he tweeted: 'Theres only 2 El-Hadji Dioufs...this is how I've come dressed today.' The child also later took to the social networking site to defend himself and said he is not racist.

He wrote on his account: 'Some pl on here think im racist for going todays game fancy dress loke diouf he loves it all the players do loads of fand been taking pics.'
He also said 'its a bit of fun' and claimed the footballer wanted the picture on his phone and took one himself.

The super fan said he even shaved his head to look more like his hero and 'loves Leeds'.
He said: 'Im a big leeds fan and love diouf.' He added: 'I didnt realise i wud get this much attention thanks for your comments but im gonna watch rest of match now'.

He ended the conversation by saying: 'Just to let u know that the makeup and hairstuff i was wearing was from a fancy dress shop and washed straight off am now in my pjs.'

SineZ.jpg

elseanio

Those Sunderland coaches being attacked seems so random. I mean why Sunderland?

Been a long time since I've heard of any trouble outside of Anfield.

Yep, the way I walk home I have to pass all the away coaches. Sunderland fans were not held back, so just walking along with everyone else.

Problem is, only takes one twat to throw a brick. Hope no one got seriously injured

Kyoufu

He'll have been on huge money at Real, and any team scrapping to sign him would have to pay a fair chunk, given the interest in him.

I can't say precisely, but a large amount, I'd wager.

Real Madrid are nutters to pay a huge amount for what seems to be a fringe player. That's football though.

We can't even pay a decent amount to our best players. :(

Yen

'Just to let u know that the makeup and hairstuff i was wearing was from a fancy dress shop and washed straight off am now in my pjs.'

Ok.

Watching State of Play, and it's probably the most boring film I've ever watched.

Clegg

Guardian reporting that Liverpool will give Joe Cole a £3m payoff to join West Ham.

They`re saying Pool will save £4m overall by giving the payoff.

Clegg

Real Madrid are nutters to pay a huge amount for what seems to be a fringe player. That's football though.

We can't even pay a decent amount to our best players. :(
Sahin was brilliant at Dortmund.

One of the top midfielders in one of the best leagues in the world. Of course they were going to pay him big wages.

UleYF.jpg

Charlie Brooker's 2012 Wipe was absolutely brilliant, and reminded me of how absolutely mindblowingly amazing the Olympics were. I know its a silly cliche, but I've never felt so proud to be British

Top Bottom