• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT10| A Street Ass Named Premier

Fry

Pato is officially a Corinthians player. Wow, what a signing for them. I mean, if they can magically fix him, he'll be going back to Europe in no time.

Think I'm gonna watch the Mad Men pilot later tonight. Hope it doesn't take too long to dive in to.

I'm halfway through S1, and I'm enjoying it so far. It's a pleasure to watch, but it could be better.

Linius

My fiancee and her best friend were pickpocketed there when they went to Barcelona to see Radiohead about 10 years ago. An incredibly kind and generous older British gent bought them plane tickets back to the UK (they were visiting there primarily and did a sidetrip for the concert) fortunately but they lost their passports and a ton of money. Did it happen to you on Las Ramblas (sp?)?

La Rambla is a place to really watch your stuff. Too many tourists in one place. In other words, pickpocket heaven.

rodvik

lol just found out about the Baloltelli vs Mancini thing, what the fuck happened?

Turns out Balotelli is a Nintendo fanboy. Mancini is an old school Sony man. Sparks flew when some 3ds/Vita shit went down.

Platt downloaded 4 iOs games while they were arguing.

Clegg

The biggest criticism I have of Uncharted 3 is that its all very samey. The Château level and the ship level are both supremely designed and exciting to play. But they're basically the same thing just dressed up differently.

Which is quite scary if you think about it.
KuGsj.gif
I'm sure Walcott is a poor man's someone/thing to begin with!
KuGsj.gif

He's a poor mans Bale (and no brain either) who's a poor mans Sonic the hedgehog.

Think I'm gonna watch the Mad Men pilot later tonight. Hope it doesn't take too long to dive in to.

It does take a bit. But it's fantastic. :p

Hixx

Probably for the best. You Northern types would get lost on the tube and end up at Heathrow.

I led my family through the tube as a 10 year old. Old people are thick.

But also I remember The Sims cost £10 more in London than I'd seen at home and I was fucking gutted. Fuck London.

pulga

Banned
My fiancee and her best friend were pickpocketed there when they went to Barcelona to see Radiohead about 10 years ago. An incredibly kind and generous older British gent bought them plane tickets back to the UK (they were visiting there primarily and did a sidetrip for the concert) fortunately but they lost their passports and a ton of money. Did it happen to you on Las Ramblas (sp?)?

Nope, some streetside party celebrating New Years. Completely fucked the good time I was having :(

Arnie

Probably for the best. You Northern types would get lost on the tube and end up at Heathrow.
Last time I visited the Oyster Card system made me want to jump in front of a bus, let alone travel on one.

Going to be living there for two weeks at the end of March.

pulga

Banned
Turns out Balotelli is a Nintendo fanboy. Mancini is an old school Sony man. Sparks flew when some 3ds/Vita shit went down.

Platt downloaded 4 iOs games while they were arguing.

lulz

Are you wearing your Madrid shirt?

Edit:
If you were in Rome: Are you wearing a shirt?

No, but I bought a kickass Xabi Alonso kit, the green one <3 <3

I'm off to find a Marchisio kit soonish, but I'm sad the stores cant add the terza stella :(

Pato is officially a Corinthians player. Wow, what a signing for them. I mean, if they can magically fix him, he'll be going back to Europe in no time.

I'm halfway through S1, and I'm enjoying it so far. It's a pleasure to watch, but it could be better.

You just know that he'll soon be back at City or PSG and they'll out of their ass for him too.

Mad Men is awesome and gets even better and much less "by the books".

I keep forgetting that Steffen Freund is at Tottenham. Cool.

/hey wait, what's up with his right cheek?

Edit: @Linius: Milan are in desperate need for a real keeper. Abbiati, since a couple years ago but especially last year, was on a downward spiral. I'm surprised they didn't go in for Julio Cesar.
&#8364;2,5m a year for an injury prone, 33 years old GK like Julio Cesar?
Personally, if I were Milan I'd just tear down the house and play nothing but promising youngsters, aim for Europa league, and come back in three years as a powerhouse.
You can only do this shit on FM, how can you buy promising young players without money?
If you're lucky you'll get 2 good players from the Primavera every 2-3 years(and their youth teams were pretty bad lately), all the others are low serie B/Lega Pro crap players.

Fady K

Lampard is the one player i'd hate to see retire elsewhere. He has always been the true Chelsea captain to me. Last season, his little contributions helped the club win both the Champions League and the FA Cup.

Tbh I just feel indifferent. Didn't really like the ending, didn't dislike it. I'm just interested to find out which ending will be canonical.

Hmm I see. Based on how Bioware is recently, they probably don't know themselves! I mean, that latest novel they had released called Deception I think, it was full of errors that contradict the canonical story :[

Clegg

I doubt we'll see Pato back anytime soon. There are plenty of European clubs that can offer him wages and the chance to win trophies but they've all stayed away while Corinthians negotiated with him. Maybe he rebuffed them and would rather return to Brazil but IMO that's unlikely.

He's just too injury prone.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
You can only do this shit on FM, how can you buy promising young players without money?
If you're lucky you'll get 2 good players from the Primavera every 2-3 years(and their youth teams were pretty bad lately), all the others are low serie B/Lega Pro crap players.

It's true but they'd save a lot on wages!

Your pre-edit was also true.
iboCBCquZHUWH0.gif

or maybe he just wants to play for the world champions.

World champions is temp. Most successful club in the world&#8482; is forever.

Fry

Pato is a real talent, but he's got a body worse than Robben's, and that's saying a lot. There's just no way to trust him to make a run of 10 games in a row.

pulga

Banned
I doubt we'll see Pato back anytime soon. There are plenty of European clubs that can offer him wages and the chance to win trophies but they've all stayed away while Corinthians negotiated with him. Maybe he rebuffed them and would rather return to Brazil but IMO that's unlikely.

He's just too injury prone.

I doubt he rebuffed them, they're shit wary of his crystal physique.

JuveGAF, who have been linked to these last couple of days? I've been disconnected from all footy news.

Fady K

Man, I can't believe how poor the team played against QPR last night. Just contemplate this - QPR had 2 clean sheets all season so far, and they were both against Chelsea. How poor are we? Torres also had the least amount of touches from all the players barring the keepers - from both clubs.

Bah. This team puts up a fight against an in-form Norwich and Everton away only to lose to QPR at home. Not just any QPR, but the QPR that has not won a single away game all season. Let us not forget how they dropped 17 damn points in November. I hate how they throw the season away so early (league wise at least). Yet another trophy to Manchester United, or possibly Manchester City if they can pull off more shocks. Both would deserve it no question, this is just a rant against my choking team.

Anyone want a Hotline Miami Steam code?

I've been hearing an awful lot about the game, is it that good?

I will unless someone has said something before me. Dat soundtrack.

Yeah, it makes it all the more awesome. The files are lying around in the steam/game folder so I just organized & tagged them into an OST to take it along and now I'm having HM flashbacks in rl that kind of make me want to smash people's heads into stuff :O

Hotline Miami looks very boring to play. There's a reason that genre died
Wrong.

Top Bottom