• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT10| A Street Ass Named Premier

FootballFan

Man, I can't believe how poor the team played against QPR last night. Just contemplate this - QPR had 2 clean sheets all season so far, and they were both against Chelsea. How poor are we? Torres also had the least amount of touches from all the players barring the keepers - from both clubs.

Bah. This team puts up a fight against an in-form Norwich and Everton away only to lose to QPR at home. Not just any QPR, but the QPR that has not won a single away game all season. Let us not forget how they dropped 17 damn points in November. I hate how they throw the season away so early (league wise at least). Yet another trophy to Manchester United, or possibly Manchester City if they can pull off more shocks. Both would deserve it no question, this is just a rant against my choking team.

You seriously thought players like Torres, Marin, Lampard, Mata etc had any chance against Ryan Nelsen?

It was a guaranteed clean sheet from kick-off.

Fady K

I wonder how Ba will fare at Chelsea if he ends up joining them (still waiting for official official official confirmation). Man, I have become so desperate for a good striker I'd even be honored to take one of Ferguson's men! I'd take even Rooney with a smile on my face lol! I never though I'd say that.

You seriously thought players like Torres, Marin, Lampard, Mata etc had any chance against Ryan Nelsen?

It was a guaranteed clean sheet from kick-off.

Hahah! I miss you Football Fan. I was watching a Messi Tribute at Al Jazeera yesterday where they showed all 91 goals of his this year. It was like watching an entertaining summer blockbuster film! What an improvement from the team overall after dropping so many points last season.

Carbonox

Kyoufu

Interesting but if Pardew plays 4-4-2 even with Remy and Cisse up front, I will rage quit and become a water polo fan.

Well...

Coloccini's dad says Colo wants to leave for San Lorenzo.

"Fabricio wants to play for San Lorenzo and he is trying his best to find an elegant way to leave Newcastle."

Explains why he's been a shite captain lately.

Cabaye captain pls

edit: you edited :O

Yen

Lampard's agent confirms summer exit

Chelsea midfielder Frank Lampard will leave the club at the end of the season, according to his agent Steve Kutner.

Lampard, 34, has had offers from the likes of LA Galaxy, Lazio and Inter Milan as his contract draws to a conclusion at the end of the season.

However, despite being offered no fresh renewal, the England midfielder remains focused only on Chelsea until the summer, when Kutner revealed he will move on from Stamford Bridge.

"At this moment, Lampard is exclusively thinking about the present, in other words Chelsea," Kutner is quoted as saying by Cittaceleste. "As for the future, the only certainty is that he will change team at the end of the season.

"Frank wants to play for a great side, capable of challenging for important targets and where he could win more trophies.

"We won't rule anything out. The only thing that counts is that the player is happy and can continue playing at a high level.

"A champion of Lampard's calibre deserves the biggest stage. Serie A? Why not? Only time will tell if Lazio could be the ideal destination."

Carbonox

Well...

Coloccini's dad says Colo wants to leave for San Lorenzo.

"Fabricio wants to play for San Lorenzo and he is trying his best to find an elegant way to leave Newcastle."

Explains why he's been a shite captain lately.

Cabaye captain pls

edit: you edited :O

If anything Coloccini will stay until the end of the season at the earliest. If we bag a new CB in January, then someone to replace Coloccini in the Summer, it might work out fine. Coloccini better fucking get his chin up though and make an effort during the remainder of the season.

If anything Coloccini will stay until the end of the season at the earliest. If we bag a new CB in January, then someone to replace Coloccini in the Summer, it might work out fine. Coloccini better fucking get his chin up though and make an effort during the remainder of the season.

Take Coates on loan pls

Timurid

Another hyped up French talent, looking forward to seeing if both him and Debuchy produce.

Remy would of been better than all of your strikers except for suarez! Sadly, he got injured last spring and never fully recovered from his injury.

Arnie

Yes, Newcastle, please take Coates on loan.
Remy would of been better than all of your strikers except for suarez! Sadly, he got injured last spring and never fully recovered from his injury.
Well, we basically only have Suarez.

As for Sturridge, I guess we'll see exactly how the two compare in the coming months.

As of lately, but he was really good between 09-11.

Remember his goal against Barca? Goddamn that was awesome.
That goal was great, the only good thing he did in the last 2 years. I still think milan are at least partly at fault for all this injuries, they turned some skinny fast guy in some kind of body builder.

Arnie

Rossi off to Fiorentina? Could be a fantastic buy if he gets over his most recent injuries.

They've built well recently.

FootballFan

Hahah! I miss you Football Fan. I was watching a Messi Tribute at Al Jazeera yesterday where they showed all 91 goals of his this year. It was like watching an entertaining summer blockbuster film! What an improvement from the team overall after dropping so many points last season.

It really is awesome, I love the teams drive. We have all seen so many teams lose the drive to keep winning(don't even need to name examples), but our players remain hungry for trophies that they have already won countless times.

The only negatives this season would probably be the health issues of Tito and Abidal, + all the injuries to our backline causing Valdes to be our last hope(lol).

Sanchez has been diving all season long and it's getting really annoying. Other than those things, great so far.

As for Messi, you wonder when he will stop improving, he surely can't keep improving for much longer. It is pretty damn ridiculous already how often he scores.

You should really check this out mate, fantastic goals.

Top 50 FC Barcelona Champions League Goals. (Rivaldo, Dinho, Messi, Eto'o, Stoichkov etc)

Fry

is7ChKj00Tvkr.jpg

Any Juve goals?

I don't recall seeing any Juventus goal, nope. There was tons of goals from Serie A though.

We'll take him.

Unless he's on 90k a week :lol

Coates and Coloccini? Could work quite well.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Rossi's agent on twitter "Many are asking me about Rossi to Fiorentina? Can only say he'd happily play there. Working progress..."

Their team is fantastic.

door open for Juvetic to Juve in the summer?

Feorax

Yes, Newcastle, please take Coates on loan.

Well, we basically only have Suarez.

As for Sturridge, I guess we'll see exactly how the two compare in the coming months.

Apparently we're taking Suarez out of the centre, and having him as more of a free roaming inside forward, playing Sturridge through the middle instead.

I can see the logic, but still, that's a massive gamble.

I doubt it. I've been hearing talk of San Lorenzo trying to get him to return to Argentina for a while now.

Would explain his erratic performances since the Sunderland game. Still a fantastic player for us, a real leader with bags of experience.

I'd be really sad to see him go. Would wish him all the best though, he's no Ba.

Carbonox

Alan Pardew:

"I saw him [Debuchy] on Wednesday night and it was difficult to explain the situation we're in because, in the summer, when he was first meant to be coming he probably thought we were going to be a top-eight side.

:lol :lol

Debuchy now: "MERDE ALAIN PARDEAUX"

Man, I can't believe how poor the team played against QPR last night. Just contemplate this - QPR had 2 clean sheets all season so far, and they were both against Chelsea. How poor are we? Torres also had the least amount of touches from all the players barring the keepers - from both clubs.

Bah. This team puts up a fight against an in-form Norwich and Everton away only to lose to QPR at home. Not just any QPR, but the QPR that has not won a single away game all season. Let us not forget how they dropped 17 damn points in November. I hate how they throw the season away so early (league wise at least). Yet another trophy to Manchester United, or possibly Manchester City if they can pull off more shocks. Both would deserve it no question, this is just a rant against my choking team.

I've been hearing an awful lot about the game, is it that good?

It is amazing!

I will unless someone has said something before me. Dat soundtrack.

Enjoy!

Guess I'm too late?

Sorry Bro!

Top Bottom