• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT10| A Street Ass Named Premier

Wilbur

Banned
People told me it was bad so I did not got see it :(

Your life is forfeit

I'm seeing ZDT right now. I'll tell you how it is after the film. Also, why is viva ignoring me? :(

Your avatar bet with Killer means he's picking sides!

Too much football talk to respond to, but I'll try and give a brief thought:

- Suarez behind Sturridge could work but then you're sacrificing a midfield player, right? So is assume it'll usually be Gerrard and Sterling wide?
- Forza Juve! I hope you get Jovetic, but Fiorentina continue to be awesome. Montella is great.
- Fuck Bayern
fuck fry but like in a nice romantic way, like kiss his neck and stuff while you do it

Slizz

killing them softly is pretty good but you have to tolerate its bashing you over the head repeatedly with its political analogues. still lots of points for any film using heroin by the velvet underground and its portrayal of deeply pathetic people is really good.

The political shit is so odd to me in this film lol. I'm more than halfway through and I'm liking it. It's a lot different than the commercials lead you to believe.

Wilbur

Banned
killing them softly is pretty good but you have to tolerate its bashing you over the head repeatedly with its political analogues. still lots of points for any film using heroin by the velvet underground and its portrayal of deeply pathetic people is really good.

I think in ten years or whatever, it won't come off as so blatant because it'll root it in time and place and give it historical context. It'll either strengthen or weaken the film, but I thought it was wonderfully acted, looked and sounded beautiful. Dominik is 3/3 in my eyes.

Zabojnik

Zabo, get another Bravia you glory-hunting knobend :p

I have nothing but good things to say about my Bravia, it has served me extremely well. Alas, it's a five years old 40" LCD with a resolution of 1366x768 and only two HDMI inputs. I've never had a plasma, always kinda wanted one, Sony doesn't make them. It looks like Panasonic is about to stop plasma development as well, so I'm planning on grabbing one while I still can. A 55" VT** or GT** 2013 series. Or maybe even the 2012 VT50 model, if I can get it for a discounted price.

I'll be back on the Sony wagon when OLED hits mainstreet. If they'll be still around then. :/

You, however, are a pure masochist.
3AQmK.gif

He's a glory hunter, look at his PSG related posts. He's probably not even a real Toro fan, as they're all over 70.

That made me think of a question

Which club is the worst in the world for constantly letting its fans down? I think Arsenal and ourselves are up there over the last 6 or so years

Inter from 1989 to 2006, no doubt about it. And from 2011 forward. Happy new year, adriano. :D

FAKE
EDIT: Beaten.

K1LLER7

Your life is forfeit

Your avatar bet with Killer means he's picking sides!

Too much football talk to respond to, but I'll try and give a brief thought:

- Suarez behind Sturridge could work but then you're sacrificing a midfield player, right? So is assume it'll usually be Gerrard and Sterling wide?
- Forza Juve! I hope you get Jovetic, but Fiorentina continue to be awesome. Montella is great.
- Fuck Bayern
fuck fry but like in a nice romantic way, like kiss his neck and stuff while you do it

United-Gaf and #VitaBros stick together ;)

Arnie

Brilliant article, that.

Soccer in the US reminds me of wizards in Harry Potter; they're clearly ingrained in civilised society but half the population doesn't register their existence.
People told me it was bad so I did not got see it :(
It's not what people say, it's who says them.

Wilbur

Banned
Do Americans just have the MLS? No Championship/League One etc equivalent, or a college system similar to their football?

Wes

venison crêpe
Do Americans just have the MLS? No Championship/League One etc equivalent, or a college system similar to their football?

Pretty sure there are smaller clubs but there's no "second division" as such. They just compete in regional championships and what not.

I'm sure I've seen some college clips too.

Slizz

MLS then the next popular league is North American Soccer League (NASL), most the expansion MLS teams pretty much come from here.

Late January there is going to be the MLS Combine in South Florida... I guess it's like all the college athletes and what not coming out and trying to get drafted...

10$ to go see 3-4 matches a day.

AdiPure vs. AdiZero are the fixtures lol.

EDIT: Collegiate football is not very popular aside from a few states that are powerhouses.

Lightning

Banned
Whenever Wenger comments on the transfer market I want to cry as its a remainder that we will forever going for bargain bin and then try to turn shit into gold with our season.

Messi

Brilliant article, that.

Soccer in the US reminds me of wizards in Harry Potter; they're clearly ingrained in civilised society but half the population doesn't register their existence.

It's not what people say, it's who says them.

Wut?

Slizz

Killing Them Softly was awesome. Ending was perfect.

Really liked the cinematography in
Liotta's death scene

Clegg

I thought I'd give Homeland a second chance so I watched the season 2 finale again.

It was even worse than I remembered.

Wilbur

Banned
5 was the weakest IMO.

It also had Templeton.

Fuck Templeton.

Cunt character but necessary.

I loved five. Didn't find it too outlandish. It was probably better than series one if I had to rank them. Loved it loved it loved it.

What a fucking great show.

Man I just finished little miss sunshine, I love that movie.

I don't know why I didn't like S4 as much as the first 3. Ashley Young and his gang didn't do it for me.

Season 4 is slower, more deliberate, but ultimately the most rewarding. In a show that's often described as novelistic, it was definitely the best strand of narrative. You have the regular glorious philippic on policing to statistics and prohibition and the way institutions can demolish the best of intentions, but it's eating under your skin with the focus on neighbourhood kids taking steps down the road to the rest of their lives - and barely realizing it. I don't think there's a more memorable season of The Wire. And I usually hate coming-of-age pap.

Top Bottom