• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT10| A Street Ass Named Premier

Timurid

Someone add me to the Liverpool fan list on the first page before I change my mind!

Don't.

-

Edit: Scrubs? Okay, Tim. Whatever you want.
No hard feelings bro! I still love you. <3 This is just friendly banter.
You think that fat Korean boy is beautiful. Your taste is questionable, sir
Liverpool.
Can never tell!
I hope United and Mansfield win.
I wasn't being sarcastic -- I figured you were a foreigner based on the way you type. Mostly it's in the odd capitalization and the way you punctuate but also in the teams you support (or don't).
Thanks for being honest with me. I should start working on my punctuation from now on.
&#9829; Timurid &#9829;
<3
I actually became a Juve fan during one of our 'darkest' periods, not counting Farsopoli. So, yeah, a glory hunter I'm not. :p
:lol I love you man!

10,002 WOOO!

tumblr_ldiu2uBoCw1qdtmwjo1_250.gif

Man, I need to do more with my life
Took you longer than it will take me

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
This is a brilliant article on the general health of soccer in the US and why Sepp Blatter sucks. It's funny but also dead right.

I'm sure the Americans in the thread will enjoy it but you should all read it anyway.

I prefer Sepp Blatter's take on why MLS blows. #seppthepimp

Meier

Thanks for being honest with me. I should start working on my punctuation from now on.
It isn't bad, just different. You use a lot of exclamation points and question marks which is often the hallmark of a foreigner from my experience. Plus some inconsistent punctualization which again is often something you see with people who aren't used to typing in English necessarily. Sometimes it's just laziness though. :p

Meier

Meier, please do rate my English language nativity level
It's good! Especially spoken. We wouldn't ever use "nativity" in that scenario though. I don't think I've ever encountered it outside of the recreation of Jesus' birth.

Nativeness would be the correct form there.

I actually knew that nativity was an incorrect term but it just looked so fancy.

And silly. I hardly ever make apost that should be taken seriously. Thanks by the way. I actually struggle a bit with putting my thoughts on paper. Thank god I can take my sweet time and edit out mistakes after posting

jtb

Banned
So Arsenal are actually looking at letting Squillaci and Djourou go this month? Thank fuck. Hopefully we can shift a couple and get some good players in.

We can hope. The fact that Djourou in particular has stuck around for as long as he has without going on loan or being sold is just embarassing. He's not a good defender, but Wenger hasn't given him a chance to develop either so it's unsurprising it hasn't worked out at all. The less said about Squillaci the better.

HOLY FUCK Zero Dark Thirty BEST FUCKING MOVIE OF THE YEAR!!!!!!

It was decent. The more I think about it, the less I like it. and my personal opinion is that the movie should not have been made, at least not so soon after the fact.

Mad Men just keeps getting better and better. I feel such an ass for having created this thread now.

Mad Men is great. Hope you catch up by the time the new season rolls around.

Caught up with Mad Men in a month or so. Good times.

I would start watching an episode at around 7.30 with a fresh brew of tea and two tangerines and go through three or four episodes before going to bed

Timurid

It isn't bad, just different. You use a lot of exclamation points and question marks which is often the hallmark of a foreigner from my experience. Plus some inconsistent punctualization which again is often something you see with people who aren't used to typing in English necessarily. Sometimes it's just laziness though. :p

I love my exclamation points!!!!!!! I do understand where you are coming from. I do know sometimes I misplaced my commas here or there. Nevertheless, I should be correcting it more often.

This is a brilliant article on the general health of soccer in the US and why Sepp Blatter sucks. It's funny but also dead right.

I'm sure the Americans in the thread will enjoy it but you should all read it anyway.

Guy wasn't funny, and I didn't think he said anything that hasn't been said before, but it was hard cutting through his attempts at filling the page.

Also, when you include articles, could you include the link at the bottom. I'm sure some people don't want to click the link, but I usually do try to check out whatever the site is, and give them page views. Thanks :)

I apologize for having such a negative post

Has there been any talk about Lescott trying to return to his boyhood club?

Timurid

It was decent. The more I think about it, the less I like it. and my personal opinion is that the movie should not have been made, at least not so soon after the fact.

I really liked it. Before I saw the film, I thought it was over hype by the media and critics. Now after watching the film, I can really say that it lived up to the hype. Bigelow did an outstanding job directing the film and the screenplay was excellent. I can understand why you thought the film was made too soon.

Salazar

lol at Banned Paper calling Zeki Fryers a "starlet" and "prodigy".

He's chiefly famous for having a hilarious muscular spasm in a cup game.

Timurid

i changed my avatar back. I want to recapture the festive spirit. I may have been a jerk to some of you and I kind of feel bad now. I still love you all and I hope you all have a good week. #prayforbud!

Lightning

Banned
Aguero has apparently split from his wife! If you believe what you read she has gone to stay in Madrid. It's all part of Mourinho's masterplan to get Aguero to Real Madrid.
Along with the apparent plan to sign Falcao? Too many talented players playing for Madrid. I can't see how this can work.

And what is the latest on Ballotelli and Mancini?

And you need not worry. As soon as Pep comes in selling players to Mourinho and helping Real is going to be the last thing that happens.

Carbonox

Coloccini's agent doesn't know what is going on with the San Lorenzo rumours. Seems daddy Coloccini is probably just stirring the shit to get his son back. Bless.

elseanio

I enjoy visiting London, although every time I'm there it just feels like a crappy version of Paris (which is a city I love visiting). Looking out from the Thames, it just looks like a massive construction site at times.

Would have loved to visit St Pauls, but was never going to pay over a tenner admision fee

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Chamakh in talks with West Ham. The poor bastards, him and Carlton Cole will be their main strikers.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

Yen

Liverpool FC &#8207;@LFC
Liverpool Football Club can confirm that Joe Cole has joined West Ham United on a free transfer. More on http://Liverpoolfc.com #LFC

Hallelujah

3Sixty

You couldn't make this up (Well its Goal so you could)

"Southampton starlet Matt Targett is being tracked by Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool, Goal.com understands.

The 17-year-old left-back is regarded as one of the jewels of the Saints academy and the long-term successor to Luke Shaw, whose own future is the subject of intense speculation."

Salazar

Incoming Frogie presser

Expecting:

West Ham good team
Sam great manager
FA Cup wonderful competition
Going to put out a strong side
Not expecting to do any transfer business but u never know innit

Linius

They'll probably just refuse to include it anyway.

Watch something like synchronised hairdressing get put in ahead of it.

I love darts and it sure gives us (the Dutchies) some extra chances for medals but I don't think it belongs in the Olympics.

Oh and the pilot from Mad Men was pretty good guys. That Pete guy is a cunt.

dc89

Incoming Frogie presser

Expecting:

West Ham good team
Sam great manager
FA Cup wonderful competition
Going to put out a strong side
Not expecting to do any transfer business but u never know innit

Sam always, ALWAYS, rolls over and dies when his team play United. It's a guaranteed United win.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I watched Mad Men's pilot way back and I liked it. I loved the writing, the acting and almost everything. It was class from beginning to end.

But I also realized the show is not for me.

-

TutJan4.jpeg

CorJan4.jpeg

Linius

I watched Mad Men's pilot way back and I liked it. I loved the writing, the acting and almost everything. It was class from beginning to end.

But I also realized the show is not for me.

You like it, you recognize it's quality but it's not for you? I don't get it :p

Top Bottom