• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT10| A Street Ass Named Premier

fuenf

Nah, he's too technically inept/stupid for that.
I'm sure he would've already stirred up shit if it wasn't for Badstuber's injury and now there is more competition for that position. I don't know, I feel like he could chose to leave in the summer (City could want him back, dunno)

I think his mental lapses are his downfall, otherwise he has all the tools. He might have the best athleticism of any German player, he always has to make up for Dante's / Badstubers slow pace. His technique is relatively good too, only his tackles are always too late.

Kicker is now saying that Kirchhoff might join Bayern in January for 1-2m. That would actually make much more sense.

LegoArmo

A_w3lvdCMAAzxUO.jpg

Wilbur

Banned
He will be eligible for selection for tomorrow's FA Cup match at Southampton, and the Capital One Cup semi-final against Swansea, but cannot play for us in the Europa League this season having appeared in the competition for Newcastle. He will wear the no. 29 shirt.

'It feels good to be here, I'm very happy and very proud,' Ba says.

'It was important for me, and for Newcastle, to get my future sorted and now we can move on. Now they have the whole month to buy someone and for me as well, the sooner the better. Now I am here I just need to get settled in.

'When the club who won the Champions League wants you, the decision is very easy. This club is massive and that's something that helped the decision a lot. It was not a hard one.'

spidye

Reading the GTAV thread, looks like Kavinsky is getting his own radio station. Pretty cool.

this alone should be a reason to buy that game. I love Kavinsky.
although, I think Kavinsky is better suited if the game was set in Vice City instead of San Andreas.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
He will be eligible for selection for tomorrow's FA Cup match at Southampton, and the Capital One Cup semi-final against Swansea, but cannot play for us in the Europa League this season having appeared in the competition for Newcastle. He will wear the no. 29 shirt.

'It feels good to be here, I'm very happy and very proud,' Ba says.

'It was important for me, and for Newcastle, to get my future sorted and now we can move on. Now they have the whole month to buy someone and for me as well, the sooner the better. Now I am here I just need to get settled in.

'When the club who won the Champions League wants you, the decision is very easy. This club is massive and that's something that helped the decision a lot. It was not a hard one.'

lVc1u.gif

What's this nonsense with Ba, anyway? Since he joined Hoffenheim he was out for 3 months because of knee problems. Various clubs keep signing him, why should there be something wrong with his knee?

LegoArmo

What's this nonsense with Ba, anyway? Since he joined Hoffenheim he was out for 3 months because of knee problems. Various clubs keep signing him why should there be something wrong with his knee?

Failed medicals at Stoke, West Ham and Newcastle. Tony Pulis said he's a ticking time bomb.

And why did Hoffenheim get rid of him for so cheap?

Yen

What's this nonsense with Ba, anyway? Since he joined Hoffenheim he was out for 3 months because of knee problems. Various clubs keep signing him, why should there be something wrong with his knee?

Failed a medical at Stoke, Pulis claims the knee is messed up. Possibly maybe can't be insured, but he's passed a medical so...

spidye

THESE TEARS

TASTE SO SWEET

I'm genuinly happy for newcastle. hopefully he proves to be a big signing.
Failed medicals at Stoke, West Ham and Newcastle. Tony Pulis said he's a ticking time bomb.

because he didn't want to come back to germany and wanted to get transfered by force. he basically blackmailed the club. hoffenheim was dumb enough to sell him very cheap. if I was the manager at hoffenheim I would have sued his ass.

PJX

What's up with SAF always giving bullshit about injuries? Just say he's out for 6 weeks or whatever it is. Don't lie about it and keep saying "oh he's out for 2 more weeks we didn't expect that"

Wanker.

I see Alex is playing his usual mind tricks. Rooney will be playing against Liverpool next week. Remember when Nani got the cut on his leg, he was supposedly not going to play for 2 or 3 weeks but played the following week.

LegoArmo

Are we really going to sign Zaha and then get rid of Nani?

Shits depressing yo.

Nah, Nani's poor form at the start of the season was all because he was carrying an injury, all the stories in the press have been fabricated, and now that he's fully fit, he will become the best winger in the league once more.

Kyoufu

I'm genuinly happy for newcastle. hopefully he proves to be a big signing.

He's not going to blow the socks off anyone but he's definitely an upgrade on Simpson and also Cabaye's best friend. They'll both be playing their hearts out, which is what we need.

Yen

Mario Aquilina ‏@mario_aquilina
Interview in Italian with Borini's agent on @TuttoMercatoWeb. Some key quotes in following tweets..

"Borini will be back on the pitch next week. He would like to play earlier but he's coming back from a significant injury." #LFC

"Ancelloti sees him as the heir to Pippo Inzaghi and he also wanted to sign him for PSG but #LFC beat them to him."

"Borini is currently working on an individual rehabilitation program but is pushing the management and medical staff to return asap." #LFC

Failed a medical at Stoke, Pulis claims the knee is messed up. Possibly maybe can't be insured, but he's passed a medical so...

So, only at Stoke or at all clubs? If it was just Stoke, I'd say that guy was just talking shit because Ba decided not to join them after all?

Hoffenheim got rid of him because he was acting like a huge cunt, didn't train anymore and forced the move to the PL. And because Hoffenheim are goddamn idiots, it's one of the best transfer stories ever, basically:

- permanent move to West Ham for €500k in January
- another 5.5m to be paid the next season
- West Ham got relegated, Ba had a release clause, joined Newcastle for free
- nothing arranged what happens if he leaves West Ham before the next season
- no money for Hoffenheim

Salazar

Nah, Nani's poor form at the start of the season was all because he was carrying an injury, all the stories in the press have been fabricated, and now that he's fully fit, he will become the best winger in the league once more.

Yub yub.

I expect him to be good. Hope he's ready soon.

Lol, Borini signed for Liverpool because he's Rodgers' pet/project, not because he's amazing.

LegoArmo

That is really, really hilarious.

Yen

So, only at Stoke or at all clubs? If it was just Stoke, I'd say that guy was just talking shit because Ba decided not to join them after all?

Hoffenheim got rid of him because he was acting like a huge cunt, didn't train anymore and forced the move to the PL. And because Hoffenheim are goddamn idiots, it's one of the best transfer stories ever, basically:

All three. Possibly Everton and Stuttgart, but I think my mind may be playing tricks on me.

Edit: failed a medical at Stuttgart, Everton passed on him for other reasons (probably didn't have the money)

PowderedToast

I see Alex is playing his usual mind tricks. Rooney will be playing against Liverpool next week. Remember when Nani got the cut on his leg, he was supposedly not going to play for 2 or 3 weeks but played the following week.

moyes did it with fellaini for the derby aswell, transparent as fuck but still does my head in

Carbonox

Heh, he's just a cunt full stop.

LegoArmo

At the price it's probably a risk worth taking, and I heard he has passed a medical at Chelsea, so maybe theirs is less in depth, or he's not that bad after all.

Kyoufu

At the price it's probably a risk worth taking, and I heard he has passed a medical at Chelsea, so maybe theirs is less in depth, or he's not that bad after all.

I'm pretty sure he failed the medical but Chelsea put it through as a pass.

Dunno if they can do that or not but there's no way he'd pass a medical at any club.

LegoArmo

Very good goal of the week selection on Sky Sports News. I suppose it has to be Cameron Jerome.

Oi, dc82, do you expect more starts for Dzeko this coming month and beyond? Aguero injured and Tevez seems out of favour.

Wilbur

Banned
Krul is definitely better than Sczezsny.

Cabaye is far younger than Arteta and it wouldn't be outlandish to argue he's the better player, but it's a close run thing.

Debuchy and Sagna are similar players. Sagna's got the advantage for proving it in the EPL so far.

Ben Arfa is probably better than every Arsenal player apart from Arteta and Cazorla.

fuenf

All three. Possibly Everton and Stuttgart, but I think my mind may be playing tricks on me.

Edit: failed a medical at Stuttgart, Everton passed on him for other reasons (probably didn't have the money)

He failed the medical at Stuttgart because he was injured at the time (they had just removed a nail from his knee). I doubt it was because of a pre-existing condition, I think this whole story is way overblown. He's fine.

Kyoufu

5) #8moreyears bitch.

:'(

Despite the fact that your club doesn't challenge for titles I still rate Wenger highly. He's a legend in my eyes and I'd definitely have him over most.

Mourinho would be my #1 choice though the French connection we now have would probably suit Wenger more. Oh well. #8moreyears

Hixx

Krul is definitely better than Sczezsny.

Cabaye is far younger than Arteta and it wouldn't be outlandish to argue he's the better player, but it's a close run thing.

Debuchy and Sagna are similar players. Sagna's got the advantage for proving it in the EPL so far.

Ben Arfa is probably better than every Arsenal player apart from Arteta and Cazorla.

And Wilshere.

And Gibbs

Top Bottom