• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT10| A Street Ass Named Premier

Kyoufu

Even when Cabaye returns to reign in Tiote for being shit, Tiote will still be shit.

#SissokoCabaye future.

Why haven't we signed Sissoko yet? He looks like Yaya Toure on the pitch.

Jack Sullivan ‏@jsullivanwhu
I am very sorry about this news Chamakh has sign a 6 month loan deal! not my pick :(

What an absolute moron. The son of West Ham chairman criticizes the clubs deal.

:lol :lol

Yen

His profile pic is three males, one old, one about 14, one about 9 so yeah. They're doing what I presume is a Neo-Nazi salute.

Wes

venison crêpe
This Cabaye fellow sounds like quite the philanderer.

I'd rather Villa pay now even though their contract runs out in summer. It'll be a minimal fee but will help us not get relegated, which you can't put a price on.

Carbonox

You can try getting Sissoko in the summer. He'll be leaving on a free, but apparently Cabaye has been whispering sweet nothings in his ear.

Sissoko is literally the perfect partner in midfield for Cabaye as they play together in the national squad.

OH WAIT THAT'S WHAT CISSE SAID ABOUT BA LOLOLOL

No but Cabaye and Sissoko would be perfect. Cisse and Ba are sole strikers, not partner-based forwards. They never work well together due to this.

Speaking of Channel 4, I saw Charlie Brooker's 2012 Wipe last night. It was great and all, but the shit that goes on air on C4 and other british channels ... I thought it was a joke at first. That reality with guys that look like Jesus, lol. Amazing.

The BBC will always have something worth watching. Channel 4 can go a few weeks at a time without something to draw me in, and there hasn't been anything worth watching on ITV for years personally (except for Emmerdale)

Clegg

I know a few lads here follow the word of Greg Stobart.

He says Liverpool made the first enquiry about Lewis Holtby but the player would prefer Spurs or Arsenal. Right now Spurs are in the drivers seat.

Edit: Spurs have agreed deal with Holtby. Free transfer too.

So, do Spurs want to get rid of Sigurdsson then? Wouldn't mind if we got him for cheap as Götze replacement.

Edit: Sounds strange, I mean if Götze needs a rest.

Clegg

Gotze has a £35m release clause doesn't he?

If he keeps improving then there will be a lot of wealthy clubs after his signature.

Dat Holtby. Dat beautiful hair.

largestLewisHoltby2013.jpg

Gotze has a £35m release clause doesn't he?

If he keeps improving then there will be a lot of wealthy clubs after his signature.

That release clause is rumored to be only in 2014 and 2015 and that's just a Bild rumor, so who knows if it's true. It doesn't matter anyway, safe to say that every club keeps track of him and such a price was already rumored (although the offer was not real). He just doesn't want to leave (yet).

Meier

Aguero confirmed him and his wife have split up. She's apparently moved back to Buenos Aires rather than Madrid as some reports suggested.

"In these last few months I've been trying to adapt myself to a new stage of my life following my separation," Agüero told Argentine newspaper Olé. "It's not easy after so many intense years living together and so many experiences with Gianni.

"During this period we grew a lot as people and most importantly we have a product of this love, we had Ben, who is a blessing. This is what is hardest for me, because Ben is in Buenos Aires and I, for obvious reasons, am in Manchester.

"I try to be as professional as possible. I believe it doesn't affect my sporting performance... but to be so far away from your child is not easy. It's impossible not to miss Ben."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...ith-Maradonas-daughter-and-mother-of-son.html

Welcome to Ba, was hoping for Falcao already but Ba seems like a bargain... If his knees holds up. Certainly an upgrade from Torres even if he has to play with only one knee.

Guessing he's not good then? lol

:(

What position does he play in anyway?

Defensive mid. He's like a lesser Mikel. :p

LegoArmo

That's very sad about Aguero. I suppose mountains of money will make him feel a bit better, but nothing replaces love, or your child.

Meier

Will this affect Aguero's form?

It's been an ongoing thing apparently. He has played very well lately but was quite pedestrian for about 2 months before that. Probably was affecting him then.. shame he had to hurt his hammy the other day. Hopefully he can jump right back in once it's healed.

Randdalf

Another player goes to Tottenham in lieu of Arsenal. I have to say that Spurs' tactic of signing former Arsenal players and potential Arsenal signings is really working out well for them.

3Sixty

Chelsea fans. Think you guys will be playing a full strength team tomorrow? I feel that being holders And resting against QPR suggests you will.

In that case it'll be funny watching Chelsea vs Southampton reserves.

Clegg

Tottenham are a big team so of course they'll be going after the same players other big teams want.

Chelsea and City did the same thing with players that United wanted and its worked out pretty well for them.

Except for the Rodwell transfer. City got mugged in that deal.

Tottenham are a big team so of course they'll be going after the same players other big teams want.

Chelsea and City did the same thing with players that United wanted and its worked out pretty well for them.

Except for the Rodwell transfer. City got mugged in that deal.

This is true. Also, who wouldn't have wanted Holtby on a free?

I hope Wenger feels a bit silly now after talking about Holtby in his press conference yesterday.

Holtby, Siggy and Dempsey all fighting over one space.?

I think Holtby can player deeper if he needs to. Dempsey can play wide left as well.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Awesome news about Holtby. You can never have enough attacking midfielders, Dempsey is almost 30 and more of a striker, Holtby and Gylfi are young and if we are taking top 3 seriously you need depth.

Holtby can play in pretty much all the midfield positions so I don't see how he will take serious game time away from our other players. He will add quality and that is what we need now. Let's jettison the junk like Livermore and get 2-3 top 3 quality players.

Az

Sad to hear about Aguero missing his son. I am just unable to dislike the guy, seems like a nice fella.

When you see a team coming to Newcastle and winning 3-0 like they did last season, you know it will be hard to face teams like that. Now I am on the other side
Hopefully I can do the same here, it would be good. This club is at another level, it isn't West Ham or Newcastle. They are both big clubs with a strong history, but Chelsea is Chelsea and you cannot compare.

TFZ7r.png

Carbonox

When you see a team coming to Newcastle and winning 3-0 like they did last season, you know it will be hard to face teams like that. Now I am on the other side
Hopefully I can do the same here, it would be good. This club is at another level, it isn't West Ham or Newcastle. They are both big clubs with a strong history, but Chelsea is Chelsea and you cannot compare.

TFZ7r.png

Pahaha this guy.

What was your guys favourite album of 2012?

Mine was probably this

Purity_Ring_-_Shrines_album_cover_%282012%29.jpg

I think I love you :D

This Cabaye fellow sounds like quite the philanderer.

I'd rather Villa pay now even though their contract runs out in summer. It'll be a minimal fee but will help us not get relegated, which you can't put a price on.

Well, you wait. We'll end up signing someone from Ligue 2 no one has heard of :(

Hopefully he'll be great.

Kyoufu

TFZ7r.png

#BigClub

Looking forward to the game in February. If we win... it'd be huge.

Top Bottom