• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT10| A Street Ass Named Premier

Clegg

Did anyone see the sky sports news segment on Chamakh?

He scored 10 goals in his first 21 games for Arsenal. But in his next 45 games he only scored 4 times.

faridmon

m3KVB.jpg

Wilbur

Banned

He scored 10 goals in his first 21 games for Arsenal. But in his next 45 games he only scored 4 times.

The old Giroud. I saw something on BBC saying he was prolific in France, 76 goals in 301 games. That's not that prolific really, is it? 1 in 4?

Yen

I remember that. His first few games he was beating defenders with Zidane turns an' all.

3Sixty

@tancredipalmeri: Re Southampton-Astori: the player has reached an agreement with the club,that now is working to pay less than the 10m € asked by Cagliari

Timurid

@tancredipalmeri: Re Southampton-Astori: the player has reached an agreement with the club,that now is working to pay less than the 10m € asked by Cagliari
Astori would be a great buy for you. He is a leader and he'll organize your back line. I think he will save you from relegation this season.

Wilbur

Banned
Astori would be a great buy for you. He is a leader and he'll organize your back line. I think he will save you from relegation this season.

He is a good defender for sure, but he'll just have to acclimatise to the league, learn parts of the language etc. in less than half a year. At least the chairman is Italian and can help, I suppose.

He's definitely a very good signing because Southampton need improvements at the back. Also need to stick to one keeper, rotating between three is ludicrous.

Timurid

He is a good defender for sure, but he'll just have to acclimatise to the league, learn parts of the language etc. in less than half a year. At least the chairman is Italian and can help, I suppose.

He's definitely a very good signing because Southampton need improvements at the back. Also need to stick to one keeper, rotating between three is ludicrous.
The language issue is not a big worry. Gaston will probably help him out. Maybe adjusting to the league is the difficult part, but I still think he would be fine and fit right in.

3Sixty

We have a couple of Italian speakers in the team, Gaston and Guly. Which might help.

Think Boruc is the GK, just needs games.

Edit: Milan could still come in for him too. Then again, Berlusconi

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
"We expected that to be honest with you," he replied to MUTV, when asked about the Spurs deal. "How would you put it? To me, I think it's a blatant manipulation of the rules.

"Tottenham did nothing wrong as he went to Standard Liege. They tried to buy him off us and we'd been looking for a certain figure. They wouldn't pay it but asked if they could take him down there on trial and, at that time, he was out of contract in June anyway.

"So he went down on trial and he went to Portugal with them. They then said they weren't prepared to pay the money and, all of a sudden, he signed for Standard Liege.

"We knew immediately and suspected that he would return to Tottenham in January and that's happened. It's a [Spurs chairman] Daniel Levy deal. You know, it's his fingerprints all over it. It's the kind of thing we expected he was going to do."

Froggie on Fryers

Lightning

Banned
Chamkah can be a decent signing for West Ham. People write him off too easily but he struggled at Arsenal even when he had Fabregas creating chances for him so for that my opinion of him is not too high and I am glad he's gone.

Get rid of a few more of these overpayed idiots off our wage bill then pay the players who deserve it more.

Wilbur

Banned
Chamkah can be a decent signing for West Ham. People write him off too easily but he struggled at Arsenal even when he had Fabregas creating chances for him so for that my opinion of him is not too high and I am glad he's gone.

Get rid of a few more of these overpayed idiots off our wage bill then pay the players who deserve it more.

This whole post just keeps contradicting itself :lol :lol

Qatar are planning to double their investment in France and as part of that the PSG president had apparently been told to ensure he wins the CL by 2016 and that he will be given whatever funds he needs to make sure it happens.

3Sixty

So that guy that ran on the pitch to fight Rio said he had 8 pints of beer and didn't know what he was doing?

8 pints? That's not even a pre-drink.

Lightning

Banned
This whole post just keeps contradicting itself :lol :lol
What I mean is he started off all right then went right off the boil so it's possible with West Ham he can produce the form he did when he first came to Arsenal and should be given the chance. My wording is a bit poor but I'm bitter because for the later time he was with us he was useless in every way but I think that had more to do with him being totally deflated and discontent with our club than him being a useless player.

Clegg

Qatar are planning to double their investment in France and as part of that the PSG president had apparently been told to ensure he wins the CL by 2016 and that he will be given whatever funds he needs to make sure it happens.
Neymar and Ronaldo to PSG.

Top Bottom