• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT10| A Street Ass Named Premier

Wilbur

Banned
Dzeko, Tevez, and Balotelli should suffice for six weeks or so. If not, then there's a deeper problem there within your squad. It's like how a lot of Chelsea fans threw a paddy because Mata didn't play, and thus Chelsea lost, but if a team assembled with such riches and quality can't beat the dregs of the league without a small Spaniard then there's larger issues afoot than team selection.

Agreed. Pine all season for Guidetti and then when a striker's injured demand a transfer #CityFans

Arnie

Agreed. Pine all season for Guidetti and then when a striker's injured demand a transfer #CityFans

He's another one that's irked me.

I keep hearing about this Guidetti character, about how he's a great prospect, and should be pushing his way into the team, but he's nowhere to be seen. Either Mancini's a money obsessed dope, or Guidetti's not as good as we've been hearing. Tevez, Dzeko, and Balotelli are all £20 million+ strikers, all capable of scoring crucial goals in the premier league, they're all there to add squad depth for this exact situation.

If neither of those three can fill the gap in Aguero's limited absence then they need shipping out in the summer.

faridmon

Wolves manager just got sacked

MwQW6.gif

He had to go, comes across as a nice fella, but he has been fucking shit

Yeah, well the joke is on you for hiring him. A simple research would have told you that this would have gone bad. On the plus side, the only way from here on is up, so good luck!

Kyoufu

I reckon Ashley put down the maximum stake on Pardew getting sacked on every betting site possible to make up the cost of sacking him.

You just know he'd do that.

Clegg

If Kagawa is having problems with congestion in the centre of the pitch then maybe we should use him on the left hand side and let him drift in to the centre.

It might help with his acclimatization to Premier League football.

Clegg

He's another one that's irked me.

I keep hearing about this Guidetti character, about how he's a great prospect, and should be pushing his way into the team, but he's nowhere to be seen. Either Mancini's a money obsessed dope, or Guidetti's not as good as we've been hearing. Tevez, Dzeko, and Balotelli are all £20 million+ strikers, all capable of scoring crucial goals in the premier league, they're all there to add squad depth for this exact situation.

If neither of those three can fill the gap in Aguero's limited absence then they need shipping out in the summer.
I think he had an illness that prevented him from playing for a number of months.

Bo-Locks

The production is hilarious. The camera just lingers for an extra second too long, there are lots of very slight but awkward pauses, glazed expressions and unintended shots. So bad.

FootballFan

When Malaga accepts the offer! Buonanotte and his agent feels pretty sure about it though, the clubs are close.

Ohh was wondering wtf he was doing. Did some nice stuff when he came on, of course Malaga start using him now lol.

Deserved win keit4. Malaga rarely did much.

Wonder what Ståle is going to do now, really hope he isn't going for the Norway national team position again, sadly seems like we are more than happy with our current manager who is awesome but... Doesn't provide the same awesomeness as Ståle Solbakken.

ifUPdTMOQ6bFR.gif

iTqjajf3Zcl9h.gif

Just come back in some other role you bald genius. :(

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Getting rid of Mick McCarthy was a massive mistake for Wolves. They need to make the right appointment now or they will be stuck down there for years.

If Kagawa is having problems with congestion in the centre of the pitch then maybe we should use him on the left hand side and let him drift in to the centre.

It might help with his acclimatization to Premier League football.

That's what I'm thinking. Welbeck today occupied Kagawa's space, which is why he was so involved in the play in and around the box, but wasn't able to get himself in scoring positions.

Kagawa likes to go to the corner/sides of the box to do 1-2's with the winger, but today they weren't giving him the ball there (aside from RVP at the end). The West Brom game where he did the back heel to cleverley is a good example. He also likes to get the ball to start the counters.

Today, his touch was off and he was displaced a couple of times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJxkKt_MwOk

faridmon

Wonder what Ståle is going to do now, really hope he isn't going for the Norway national team position again, sadly seems like we are more than happy with our current manager who is awesome but... Doesn't provide the same awesomeness as Ståle Solbakken.

http://i.minus.com/ifUPdTMOQ6bFR.gif[IMG]

Just come back in some other role you bald genius. :([/QUOTE]

To be fair, I wouldn't mind see him take a shot at becoming the National Teams Manager because our current squad/management is god awful. We need a shake up. We can't fucking play Braaten and Riise in every game, and I think Solbakken is the one that can do that. He isn't great, but he is rebellious and that is what we need. Also, He can make Magnet Hoseth a super star in the international scene.

Seriously guys, this team won't be built around Kagawa.

We don't give Rooney the absolute ideal circumstances and not even RVP has got that luxury yet, he's played two or three different roles too.

It's true that if we want to see the best of Kagawa we need to help him and that means giving him a position in the team which suits him with players that play to his strengths - for sure. But at the same time Kagawa needs to show that he can be versatile and contribute to the general system. He's not done that yet.

There is no massive pressure. We are lucky enough that we have enough good players in and around him and for starters he needs to improve his strength and communication which he's said so himself.

I would be worried if he hasn't found his feet this time next season. He played really well against West Brom the other day. Today he was poor. Forget about it. I'm still very confident he will get there, he's shown he's a class player.

Seriously guys, this team won't be built around Kagawa.

We don't give Rooney the absolute ideal circumstances and not even RVP has got that luxury yet, he's played two or three different roles too.

It's true that if we want to see the best of Kagawa we need to help him and that means giving him a position in the team which suits him with players that play to his strengths - for sure. But at the same time Kagawa needs to show that he can be versatile and contribute to the general system. He's not done that yet.

There is no massive pressure. We are lucky enough that we have enough good players in and around him and for starters he needs to improve his strength and communication which he's said so himself.

I would be worried if he hasn't found his feet this time next season. He played really well against West Brom the other day. Today he was poor. Forget about it.

All of us have said he was poor today. There's nothing wrong with trying to find out how to get the best out of Shinji. And I don't any of us have wanted the team to be built around him.

Rumored city kit
jDGDaRKf0o09Z.jpg

Top Bottom