• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT10| A Street Ass Named Premier

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I keep forgetting that he's been out for a damn long time. :-/

I think he could have been great but even in his new slender, fro'd guise, he just isn't on the level as players like Parker, Dembele and Sandro. He isn't able to work like they are. That's the number one most important thing these days, you have to be able to put a shift in. Top teams can't carry luxury players any more, the league is too competitive.

Lightning

Banned
Last season Pardew was one of the best managers in the PL for what Newcastole achieved with an average squad. Now people want him sacked.

Kyoufu

I don't think Pardew was ever that good in the first place.

I agree. I think the reasons for our success last season were:

1) Unknown players. Teams didn't really know what to expect from us due to the signings we made. Ba, Ben Arfa, Cabaye and Cisse gobbled the league up.

2) Few injuries. We pretty much had our first XI all the way through. This season is like the polar opposite.

3) Luck. We got lucky indeed.

I'm not blaming Pardew for our plight though. We didn't spend in the summer and we haven't had our best XI ever in the league. It's just injury after injury and we don't have the squad to cope with that.

dc89

WTB Lopes jersey.

ng2C20C313-89DE-498F-8B57-4EF2B5FE97FC.jpg

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I agree. I think the reasons for our success last season were:

1) Unknown players. Teams didn't really know what to expect from us due to the signings we made. Ba, Ben Arfa, Cabaye and Cisse gobbled the league up.

2) Few injuries. We pretty much had our first XI all the way through. This season is like the polar opposite.

3) Luck. We got lucky indeed.

I'm not blaming Pardew for our plight though. We didn't spend in the summer and we haven't had our best XI ever in the league. It's just injury after injury and we don't have the squad to cope with that.
Your defence was rock solid in the first half of the season.

How is that a penalty. Replay will show I guess.

Red card...wtf. For complaining..

edit
Not a red. Not a penalty. Lazio lucky.
That penalty was a joke, lazio players weren't even complaining about it.
Nainggolan is amazing, if he was born in 1978 instead of in 1988, he would've been perfect for us. :(

Fry

Robben said he might be playing less games for the Dutch squad to avoid injuries. Might be skipping some of the less important ones.

Good. I've never seen so many left-footed injury prone world class players like in the Dutch team!

Linius

Now only RvP is in world class form.

And he's shit for the national team.

:lol

We're back at the start. Louis will take us by the hand, we're back in 2014. Giving some great speeches on the way I hope.

And I don't really care about RVP not performing for the Dutch squad, we have Huntelaar to make up for that. But Louis seems to be switching them now, depending on who we play against. If it's more likely we get lots of balls in the box Huntelaar will be playing. Otherwise RVP. And in the end he's not really shit, just not as good as at Arselol or Man. United.

Wilbur

Banned
Swedish striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic may have finally met his match – but not with another player – instead with a cheeky fan who bought the internet domain name Zlatan.fr and set him a number of ridiculous challenges if he wants to win it off him.

The bold Paris Saint-Germain fan, who has opted to remain anonymous, bought the website name shortly after the striker completed his move from AC Milan to the French capital in the summer.

The Swedish superstar is a hit in Paris and is understood to be keen on strengthen his marketing ties in France and the Zlatan.fr domain name would be the perfect way to promote his brand.

And the fan says he is willing to hand over the registration details for free, so long as the striker completes one of the 12 challenges that have been laid out.

In an open letter to the Swede on the website, the fan writes: ‘When you signed in my beloved club, It was an incredible surprise to see that the domain name 'Zlatan.fr' was available.

‘So, I rushed to book it as I really didn't want a malicious person to take advantage of your name and image.

‘So now, I give you the opportunity to have it back. And for that, as you can imagine, we won’t bother with lawyers and endless procedures. Obviously it would be a waste of time and money for both of us. Instead, I got a much funnier idea. And as I am a very good guy, I let you have the choice of weapons.’

The challenges:
1. Offer me a dedicated PSG jersey, with my name on it and the following quote: “After Zlatan, you really are the best !”
2. Stay at my place for a month. This way, all my life, I could say “Ibra? Sure, he used to sleep on my couch for a while.”
3. Offer me 3 lifetime season tickets, for two of my friends and I. Obviously, I’m talking about Official tribune tickets… don’t try to fool me with your crappy H Blue tribune tickets…
4. Win penalty kicks against me, at the Parc des Princes of course, so that you’re at home and have no excuse in case I win.
5. Beat me at taekwondo. I’ve heard you’re not too bad at it. As I’ve never practiced that sport myself, I recommend you to choose this challenge.
6. Give me one of your locks of hair as a gift. Samson’s strength came from his long hair. I think it works the same way with you. Then, I can make a key ring with it, which will bring me power for the rest of my life.
7. Beat me at FIFA13. You can choose the teams but, anyway trust me, there is no way you can make it.
8. Score a more-than-30-meter-backflip-goal in an official game. Just kidding… this is not realistic.
9. Let me slap you in the face, without saying a word… and in public obviously.
10. Offer a bare-chested dedicated photo of you to my girlfriend. Frankly, among all of those challenges, I have to confess it’s not my favorite. I’m getting fed up to see twinkles in her eyes when you take off your jersey at the end of a game.
11. Manage to have Neymar sign at PSG during the 2013 summer transfer market.
12. Simply ask me to let you have this domain name for free… but face to face and – as a tribute to Guillaume – in French obviously.

Shove that up your arse, Udina

Great game. Definitely top 5 of the generation, possibly top 3

Uncharted 2 is the indisputed number 1 though

1. Uncharted 2
2. Red Dead Redemption
3. Mass Effect
4. Demon's Souls
5. Deus Ex, Infamous, Batman Arkham Asylum

Can't choose between those 3

kharma45

Shove that up your arse, Udina

Great game. Definitely top 5 of the generation, possibly top 3

Uncharted 2 is the indisputed number 1 though

1. Uncharted 2
2. Red Dead Redemption
3. Mass Effect
4. Demon's Souls
5. Deus Ex, Infamous, Batman Arkham Asylum

Can't choose between those 3

Mass Effect 2 is better again imo.

Zabojnik

I don't know why Nainggolan is still with Cagliari. What a waste.

He's the very definition of a cunt, but I'd take him. He burned that bridge though.

The bold Paris Saint-Germain fan, who has opted to remain anonymous, bought the website name shortly after the striker completed his move from AC Milan to the French capital in the summer.

Sounds like something Timurid would do.

Top Bottom