• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT10| A Street Ass Named Premier

Shinji comeback.

iUdQeWTNH9lW8.gif

iqNZRjRTy9SXY.gif

irAoGkaC3YGl3.gif

iLd2m1tjhai6v.gif

iqF8RRo6zLKAH.gif

ibdsy8vHzYUDq3.gif

Kagawa and Sahin just prove how much better the EPL is than the Bundesliga. These guys were 2 of the absolute best in the league at Dortmund, here they're lucky to be on the bench

Arnie

Don't agree.

Dortmund or Bayern would destroy most premier league teams, because, well, they're just better teams.

Those two signings are just poor for individual reasons; Sahin hasn't played for a long, long time and came into a midfield packed, whilst Kagawa doesn't fit into United's system at all, and wasnt bought with a clear purpose in mind.

Yen

Watched the first episode oh House of Cards there now. Fantastic, then went on wiki to figure out who one of the actors was and immediately saw a major spoiler, something I would not have seen coming. Ahhh!

Don't agree.

Dortmund or Bayern would destroy most premier league teams, because, well, they're just better teams.

Those two signings are just poor for individual reasons; Sahin hasn't played for a long, long time and came into a midfield packed, whilst Kagawa doesn't fit into United's system at all, and wasnt bought with a clear purpose in mind.

I think we could give Bayern a run for their money. I expect Arsenal will surprise a few people when they knock Bayern out, it'll be tight but its what I expect to happen. Worth remembering that Bayern deservedly lost the CL final against Chelsea, even though Chelsea had a shocking league season last year. The facts speak for themselves.

Timurid

Don't agree.

United brought Kagawa just to boosts shirt sales in Asia.

Zabojnik

Kagawa and Sahin just prove how much better the EPL is than the Bundesliga. These guys were 2 of the absolute best in the league at Dortmund, here they're lucky to be on the bench

It's way, way too early to tell. I could've said the same thing 6 months after Zidane and Nedved joined us and be completely wrong. Dunno about Sahin, but Kagawa is definitely class.

Clegg

I think United had a clear purpose in signing Kagawa. Imo the idea was to have him play as a second striker just behind Rooney.

But then we signed RVP and our plans changed a bit. Kagawas injuries and inability to impose himself on games have also been problematic.

kharma45

Watched the first episode oh House of Cards there now. Fantastic, then went on wiki to figure out who one of the actors was and immediately saw a major spoiler, something I would not have seen coming. Ahhh!

I saw Netflix UK on their Twitter talking about it coming to them next month, what's it about and is it supposed to be good?

Kyoufu

I think United had a clear purpose in signing Kagawa. Imo the idea was to have him play as a second striker just behind Rooney.

But then we signed RVP and our plans changed a bit. Kagawas injuries and inability to impose himself on games have also been problematic.

What a waste.

Send him back to Dortmund.

It's way, way to early to tell. I could've said the same thing 6 months after Zidane and Nedved joined us and be completely wrong. Dunno about Sahin, but Kagawa is definitely class.

Sahin > Kagawa. For one obvious reason only. And Nedved was overrated and scared of revealing his averageness on the big stage. Why else did he waste his best years at Juve when everyone else was proving themselves in Spain?

K1LLER7

Kagawa will come good. It takes a while for some players to settle in the PL, especially midfielders. Just like Lucas, Ramires, Silva who didn't have the best of starts to english football. Same reason why I think Sahin would come good eventually if he stays at Liverpool. But then again, I haven't seen much of him at Liverpool.

Kagawa will come good. It takes a while for some players to settle in the PL, especially midfielders. Just like Lucas, Ramires, Silva. Same reason why I think Sahin would come good eventually if he stays at Liverpool.

Nope. Sahin won't come good because he is often played up front or played with Allen, and doesn't get a run of games. King Brenny has truly fucked this one up.

Nope. Sahin won't come good because he is often played up front or played with Allen, and doesn't get a run of games. King Brenny has truly fucked this one up.

lol

You can say he fucked up getting him the first place, but his hands have been pretty much tied regarding trying to implement him. He's simply been outperformed, and we have neither the room for error or players to carry him through matches for us to waste time trying to find out where we can play him to get some glimpses of his ability.

If we did that, it'd be because of reputation rather than actual output, and we've already got one player annoying everyone by being picked on that basis

Yen

I saw Netflix UK on their Twitter talking about it coming to them next month, what's it about and is it supposed to be good?

1990, after an election, the chief whip is denied a promotion and decides to say "fuck it", uses his knowledge of party secrets, policies/leaks everything to undermine the PM and eventually make himself PM. I've only watched 1 episode of 4 but it is very good, pretty funny too.
The US version looks good as well.

Zabojnik

Sahin > Kagawa. For one obvious reason only. And Nedved was overrated and scared of revealing his averageness on the big stage. Why else did he waste his best years at Juve when everyone else was proving themselves in Spain?

Why indeed. That fucking yellow card against Madrid. :/ We would've smashed Milan in the CL final if we had Pavel. Fucking CL curse.

We already have.

He's on a rampage.

Ha, a lot of my footballing posts are trolling, like the Bundesliga and Nedved ones just now. The ones about Newcastle and tomatoes are genuine though

<3 Paulo Nedved

edit: How long is Episode 4 of TWD? Gonna start it in a bit

@Yenrot, precisely. Although Lucas is in his own category, he has to be in the team regardless of form pretty much

Don't be stupid.

He's had his deep role and he's too weak.

There is nothing wrong with what I said except for me taking the piss out of Rodgers. The fact is that he hasn't had much game time. It's unreasonable to expect a player to not play for as long as he has and instantly play well. He has also played up front at times. And he has also played with Allen, who isn't a great partner for him due to Sahin's lack of defensive quality and speed.

Of course it isn't Rodger's fault. Lucas was out for a while, and Liverpool don't have the time for Sahin to get back into the swing of things.

Hixx

Ha, a lot of my footballing posts are trolling, like the Bundesliga and Nedved ones just now. The ones about Newcastle and tomatoes are genuine though

<3 Paulo Nedved

edit: How long is Episode 4 of TWD? Gonna start it in a bit

@Yenrot, precisely. Although Lucas is in his own category, he has to be in the team regardless of form pretty much

4 is one of the longer ones

Or maybe it just feels it

15 minute highlights for the games that were on tv, 30 second highlights for those that weren't. Well done ITV.

edit: our game was actually less than 30 seconds worth of highlights...

kharma45

1990, after an election, the chief whip is denied a promotion and decides to say "fuck it", uses his knowledge of party secrets, policies/leaks everything to undermine the PM and eventually make himself PM. I've only watched 1 episode of 4 but it is very good, pretty funny too.
The US version looks good as well.

Sounds good.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
15 minute highlights for the games that were on tv, 30 second highlights for those that weren't. Well done ITV.

edit: our game was actually less than 30 seconds worth of highlights...

They could at least have shown the moment when BAE did his dribble/dragback move 5 times in a row to some poor bastard. It was cruel, the bloke didn't know WTF was happening.

Clegg

The Mirror and the Mail are reporting that United and Spurs will compete for Zaha's signature.

Mail say Spurs will make an offer of £10m within the next week.

The Mirror and the Mail are reporting that United and Spurs will compete for Zaha's signature.

Mail say Spurs will make an offer of £10m within the next week.

I'm guessing Ince is pretty much determined to join us then, or our competitors for his signature are keeping it quiet

Shinji comeback.

It's funny because that was regular stuff when playing for us and no one even bothered to gif that. No, actually, it's sad.

People say Shinji must settle in the PL, I don't agree. United play in a way that doesn't suit him and if he adjusts to that style, he'll be just another decent player. And I'm rather certain that this will be the case until Fergie retires.

Top Bottom