• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT10| A Street Ass Named Premier

Turok_TTZ

current situation of madrid:

mou lost the trust of the majority of his team.

mou lost the trust of the socios, whom im hear from a fellow socio that majority of socios want mou's head.

mou lost the trust of casillas. the one guy who could have protected him. making casillas an enemy was a bad idea imo.

board lost trust on mou as well. emergency meeting proved that. casillas benched was very serious. casillas getting benched was last straw for all mentioned above. casillas is playing it classy since he decided to leave everything upto flo.

not sure what florentino is gonna do. if he doesnt fire mou soon. he will fail to get reelected as come seasons end is when elections begin again for RM president. flo has been evasive and silent since casillas bench. for anyone paying attention to madrid stuff we are in quite an uneasy situation.

Lightning

Banned
casillas didnt celebrate becuz he recently met a kid who had cancer and that kid died. casillas was pretty affected by that and i assumed that was it. tbf he didnt celebrate any goal scored during that time. im happy ya inquired on that though. becuz for awhile now Ive heard that there is a mou vs casillas faction going on and cr7 is on mou's side. but i never gave it credence. perhaps it was true all along...

typing from my phone (figured out password). is it bad that i post on gaf whilst cleaning myself?
There must be something going on there because in the end Iker got dropped, and to spark the fire more, Real conceeded 3 goals and lost. He's the best goal keeper in the world. There is a clear cut rift between Casillas and Mourinho. It's impossible to see a future at Real with Mourinho. And this is just with the squad not to mention the negative press heat he has brought the club with all his off field nonsense. He just seems to carry round a real big bag of shit with him.

mou lost the trust of the socios, whom im hear from a fellow socio that majority of socios want mou's head.

mou lost the trust of casillas. the one guy who could have protected him. making casillas an enemy was a bad idea imo.

board lost trust on mou as well. emergency meeting proved that. casillas benched was very serious. casillas getting benched was last straw for all mentioned above. casillas is playing it classy since he decided to leave everything upto flo.

not sure what florentino is gonna do. if he doesnt fire mou soon. he will fail to get reelected as come seasons end is when elections begin again for RM president. flo has been evasive and silent since casillas bench. for anyone paying attention to madrid stuff we are in quite an uneasy situation.
Pretty much this. Mou has to go, whether it be before or after the election the result for Mou has to be the same.

Messi

I cannot log in to neogaf on my phone as I have a really bad case of diarrhea/password too long so here is a summary and in random order:

- Lied to benz during summer, confrontation ended nasty, relations broken with benz.

- Team is burned out by mourinho's methods of motivation and training, mostly motivating. now backfiring. bad. burned out mentally. this may have contributed to confidence in mou. not sure though.

- we practically play the same as last year, except this time la liga was well prepared for us. by forcing us to create play our attack greatly diminished (didnt help that ozil lost form). Mourinho failed to change/adjust tactics. Ramos and Casillas raised concerns and Mou essentially didnt take that very well. and the captains didnt take mous response very well either. tension grows in dressing room

- Casillas especially miffed when mourinho decided to play essien in lb rather than trying cantera. brought it up with mou. ended on a bad note. relations get worse. (though mou did end up playing nacho later on)

- Ramos questioned mourinho dropping ozil in favor of modric. led to that match where ramos wore an ozil jersey under his to show his support of ozil. mou didnt take this well. ramos apologized but truth relations got worse.

- Mourinho constantly creating controversy with his statements of missing england, moving from madrid rather than ensuring he is never leaving has had a bad effect on the team as a whole. some more than others. alongside benz, some start to distrust mou.

I don't feel good right now and this is far from complete but is my current understanding of whats going on. ill update as I recall more as currently I am sick (cold) and ive got nasty diarrhea that im holding back. some of this I got inaccurate, others are spot on, hopefully when i return from bathroom Ill clarify it all. oh and cr7 will leave if mou leaves iirc though im not 100% sure on this.

now to return to my hell on earth: the bathroom.

All of this is fascinating to me, not as a barca fan but as an observer. It's seems more and more over time mous ego and stubbornness comes out. I also believe he is now actively trying to get fired to save face. The Casillas thing proved that to me.

I would type more but I only have my phone.

sohois

Seems like Florentino Perez is in a bit of a lose/lose situation, since firing Mourinho now or during the season would surely just further doom Madrid's season, for all the problems Mourinho has right now he is still clearly the best to carry them til the end of the season. They have an easy path in the champions league, there is still the hope of success there and Mourinho must be the best man to achieve that.

The best option would be to wait it out, if Madrid are knocked out of the CL before the final then Mourinho would surely be gone, if they aren't then Perez could feel justified in retaining his services.

Messi

I am listening to Telltales Walking Dead OST and (spoilers for the end of episode 5 of the game)

The track called 'The End' is making me tear up, poor fucking Clem. That whole last scene was gut wrenching. I was in denial and mid way through the scene I accepted it. Started giving clem as much practical advice as possible and the last decision one of the options was 'I will miss you'. I wanted to hit it so bad but I could not burden clem with it. I was crying like I never had for a game before. Lee and clem are one of the most amazing duos this gen

I love that game ;(

The more I think about it the more I think maybe it was the best experience I had this gen

Turok_TTZ

All of this is fascinating to me, not as a barca fan but as an observer. It's seems more and more over time mous ego and stubbornness comes out. I also believe he is now actively trying to get fired to save face. The Casillas thing proved that to me.

I would type more but I only have my phone.
Actually I addressed this earlier. Mourinho is NOT GONNA RESIGN NO MATTER WHAT. thats one of the reasons why he benched casillas. He is trying to force Florentino to fire him becuz:
1. he will never admit all the failings so far is his fault in any way (most of it is infact his fault).
2. he gets $$$ getting sacked.
3. He can conjure many excuses and stand by them as to why he got fired as to not make himself look bad ie: hostile working environment, people out to get him, etc.

Seems like Florentino Perez is in a bit of a lose/lose situation, since firing Mourinho now or during the season would surely just further doom Madrid's season, for all the problems Mourinho has right now he is still clearly the best to carry them til the end of the season. They have an easy path in the champions league, there is still the hope of success there and Mourinho must be the best man to achieve that.

The best option would be to wait it out, if Madrid are knocked out of the CL before the final then Mourinho would surely be gone, if they aren't then Perez could feel justified in retaining his services.

how is mou the best choice to continue on if all the problems we have, mourinho is behind it all?
I know firing a coach in a middle of the season is a foolish and dangerous decision to make but in these circumstances... could it get it any worser than now?

That is an interesting write up Turok. Particularly about teams forcing Madrid to create more of the play and rely less on counter attack. The same thing happened to United the season after they win the CL, most of the smaller clubs would sit back to protect against a counter attack. Because United's defence was so good they went on a long run of 1-0's. Sounds like the same thing is happening to Madrid.

Hope you get better btw.

I appreciate the concern. anywho the difference between manutd and madrid are unlike manutd, madrid defense are shambles and man we are suffering for it. Marcelo is sorely missed, pepe and ramos are breaking apart, arbeloa is a shadow of who he once was. only positive of madrid defense is Varane, who i rate higher than both pepe and ramos atm. but varane cannot defend for the entire defensive line. he is only one guy. oh and to add on madrid attacking take note on our play. the ball always goes to cr7. makes defending against madrid very easy. then u got di maria dribbling to no mans land, callejon incapable of a decent pass, ozil out of form and modric not having a clue to playmake. we cant really create play.

truth be told, that is the reason why i rate benzema so high and why i regard him as a key player. he creates the play and keeps the flow of the play, alongside an inform ozil. thats why he has been playing a false 9 for a long time now. becuz by ourselves we cant create shit. benzema has 11 assists to his name btw. currently leads top assist for madrid.

setpiece defending is the worst. mou made relations with ramos worse by blaming him on it. I believe that sort of thing is as fault with the coach. players do as intructed and drilled after all.

K1LLER7

This would probably be the best time for United to play Madrid. But Madrid will have till February to get their shit together.

Still think United will win over the 2 legs. If it happens, Mou will be gone most likely.

Turok_TTZ

This would probably be the best time for United to play Madrid. But Madrid will have till February to get their shit together.

Still think United will win over the 2 legs. If it happens, Mou will be gone most likely.

right now would be the best time I agree. madrid defense is in shambles. could be improved if we move ramos to rb and partner pepe with varane but our lb spot wud remain in suspect.

I look forward to the return of the classic. despite all thats going on im still hype for manutd vs madrid.

K1LLER7

right now would be the best time I agree. madrid defense is in shambles. could be improved if we move ramos to rb and partner pepe with varane but our lb spot wud remain in suspect.

I look forward to the return of the classic. despite all thats going on im still hype for manutd vs madrid.
Yup, can't wait. Missed watching United play a big european team. Also, having Ronaldo back against United will be great to see. Rafael and Valencia will have to keep him quiet.

Agree with you on the defence. I've always prefered seeing Ramos at RB over CB. btw what's happened to Coentrao? is he Injured?

Meier

Brother bought me a Pretty Green shirt from the Brick Lane pop up store. It's an awesome shirt, so excited about it. :D Their clothes are way too rich for my blood. $100+ for a polo? Fuck off, Liam.

He also gave me the Nike shirt that commemorated the USWNT's gold medal. Here's a pic of most of my haul: http://instagr.am/p/Tq1HAlqoG3/

Turok_TTZ

One thing. You gotta know that if it were a CL game Mourinho would almost definitely play Casillas.

not if he was trying to get himself fired. also, take note of ur own post. u said "almost". ;). if he were sane, casillas wud play without doubt.

im praying for mou to get fired though. after all, if he gets fired, that means benzema will finally return to the right path and stays with us. Benzema must stay. at all costs. oh yeah...

Benzema messed up... Earlier he claims he knows nothing of psg interest.

but then whats this then? : Benzema insists he would not leave Real Madrid for Paris Saint-Germain

Benz is fairly sharp with his pr but this is quite a slip up. funny enough... there was also a marca article on how benzema and flo turned down psg's offer for benzema back in the summer. marca is usually bs but thanks to my friend who knows benz agent, the agent confirmed that this article was actually legit as he did infact receive and informed benzema and flo of psg's offer. also the same offer for higgy as well.

as to Benz current situation... Summer. January if madrid even think about going after falcao (florentino loves benz so I don't see this happening). if Benz starts every game from now to the end of the season. I believe he will stay. (assuming mou isnt fired) if mou fired then nothing to worry about.

Yup, can't wait. Missed watching United play a big european team. Also, having Ronaldo back against United will be great to see. Rafael and Valencia will have to keep him quiet.

Agree with you on the defence. I've always prefered seeing Ramos at RB over CB. btw what's happened to Coentrao? is he Injured?

let me check... last i heard he got injured again or did he just return? dont recall. either way, wud u prefer coentrao to marcelo? I trust in marcelo.
edit: i think coentrao is fine now....

Lightning

Banned
I would have thought you would want Falcao as he is better than Benz and Higuain. With Falcao its hard to imagine Madrid ever not scoring in a match with that much firepower.

MPW

There must be something going on there because in the end Iker got dropped, and to spark the fire more, Real conceeded 3 goals and lost. He's the best goal keeper in the world. There is a clear cut rift between Casillas and Mourinho. It's impossible to see a future at Real with Mourinho. And this is just with the squad not to mention the negative press heat he has brought the club with all his off field nonsense. He just seems to carry round a real big bag of shit with him.

Pretty much this. Mou has to go, whether it be before or after the election the result for Mou has to be the same.

right after he wins CL with madrid

casillas has been shit this season and he has failed to bring unity in the dressing room as a leader so i don't see why everyone is taking he's side

Turok_TTZ

I would have thought you would want Falcao as he is better than Benz and Higuain. With Falcao its hard to imagine Madrid ever not scoring in a match with that much firepower.

Falcao wud be wasted in madrid. as long as CR7 is around, falcao wud be limited to feeding off scraps. I'm well aware of Falcao's quality but I prefer Benzema to him. Falcao is only successful in atletico becuz he is the attack for them. come to madrid? prepare to be cr7's female dog. why do u think benguain suffer to score goals? they get like what 3-4 chances per game all games? cr7 gets 10+ chances becuz the attack is focused on him. I do not believe falcao wud thrive in such an environment. especially when he is the man at atletico.

Benz is perfect. he is a 9.5 not a 9. he prefers to create rather than score goals. funny when he scored 32 goals last season. ya'll shud fear the day when benzema takes over from cr7.

right after he wins CL with madrid

casillas has been shit this season and he has failed to bring unity in the dressing room as a leader so i don't see why everyone is taking he's side
this post can't be real. Casillas has been more of leader than mou has ever been!! Leaders admits mistakes and learns from them. Mou does nothing of the sort! And leaders do not betray those that follow him. mou has betrayed benzema, sahin, granero, kaka, ramos, varane, and now casillas, even though casillas still covers him for the sake of not making this situation any worse than it already is. he will do the same to higuain soon enough. too many backstabs too many lies.

Its not casillas's fault pepe and ramos are not doing their job. a gk can only do so much to stop goals from happening... did u forget dortmund so soon? we cud have suffered a bigger defeat if it werent for casillas.

K1LLER7

let me check... last i heard he got injured again or did he just return? dont recall. either way, wud u prefer coentrao to marcelo? I trust in marcelo.
edit: i think coentrao is fine now....
Going Forward Marcelo's very good but at times lacks defensively. He's similar to Rafael for United IMO. Great attacking but can get caught out when defending.

With Coentrao, I like him and think he's good defensively and can do well going forward. But he seems a much better player when playing for Portugal. Alongside Ronaldo, he was one of their best players at the Euro's but then he seems a different player when playing for Madrid.

For me, 'Portugal Coentrao' is one of the best fullbacks in the world.

MPW

Going Forward Marcelo's very good but at times lacks defensively. He's similar to Rafael for United IMO. Great attacking but can get caught out when defending.

With Coentrao, I like him and think he's good defensively and can do well going forward. But he seems a much better player when playing for Portugal. Alongside Ronaldo, he was one of their best players at the Euro's but then he seems a different player when playing for Madrid.

For me, 'Portugal Coentrao' is one of the best in the world.

dude was so good in euro in the summer but for whatever reason he can't play in that high level for madrid in a consistent basis

marcelo and cr7 have better chemistry going forward and lets face it madrid ain't gonna knock out man utd by winning 1-0

madrid will need to score couple of goals cause we know madrid will concede at least 1 goal each leg so marcelo would be option 1

casillas vs mourinho

I don't wish to judge what I cannot really know (I don't have access to the Bernabéu dressing-room) but it was clear from the very first days of Mourinho's reign that the sparks might fly. It was actually in the first weeks of training with Mourinho that Casillas was sent as delegate to the manager to ask him if the team could cut the hated practice of the concentración, where the players get together the night before a match in Madrid in a hotel, separated from wives, girlfriends and boyfriends. Casillas told his new coach that "the players would prefer to be with their wives and kids". Mourinho replied: "And are you married with children, Mr Casillas?" The latter replied in a quiet negative. The little exchange was a rehearsal, a quiet sharpening of the knives for future disputes to come. http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/story/_/id/1275617/phil-ball:-christmas-crackers?cc=5901

Turok_TTZ

meanwhile. jurgen klopp of dortmund.... I admire him greatly. him coaching madrid wud be a dream. this man knows what he is doing. I really like how dortmund play. their pressing in particular is top shelf. something we could use greatly. him or benitez. there is a reason why benitez is only interim coach of chelsea. he has been waiting for madrid all this time.

Turok_TTZ

Moyes and Allardyce double act would be entertaining.

lol allardyce. i recall him saying that he could coach madrid and -insert_topteam_name_here-. i said damn. guy has guts ill give him that.

It took Klopp a while to get his engine going at Dortmund. I don't see Madrid having that patience.
Unfortunately I agree. Still, I'd love klopp at madrid. I like his attacking play. I like his near world class pressing, i liked everything i saw when my team were getting demolished by dortmund. i saw their game and i thought to myself: "thats how we should be playing". mourinho is just counter and individial spark thats it. no system whatsoever.

So just started to read all this about Mourinho. Not familiar with the Liga but holy shit, seems like an implosion waiting to happen.

Now all we need is Alex dying of a heart attack, and Mourinho coming in to replace him with Christiano in tow. And so the dark reign will begin, as the dark mouth of Jose will swallow all those beneath him while they choke on the smoke and sulfur from the flames of hell.

Lightning

Banned
Also not quite sure how Klopp would handle the ego problem that plagues the Madrid dressing room. Ronaldo constantly wants to be praised for greatness and crys like a Man U tosser if he's not given enough attention. Not sure how he'll like Madrid's lack of discipline, players like Pepe, would really wind him up. You need to be a very strong mentally manager to be able to manage there and certain players would need to be moved on.

Salazar

Speaking of Liverpool, I think Duncan Jenkins wrote the store product descriptions

ugly as sin said:
wmhmbr_zucjli.jpg

Adult Red Hound Dog

Some dogs like to bark at the moon, and some are just going off the rails on a crazy train. Every generation and every laxer has their own icons and idioms. But whether you’re into Sabbath or Marley, one style holds sway for them all: the high top. Blending the best of court and street-inspired shoe culture, the Hound Dog is available in a steadily changing selection of materials and colorways—take your pick from athletic, chill or block busting styling. Built with a durable an cush cupsole construction, this dog is true to its heritage, making a truly universal statement that any player can get comfortable with. Whether you run it laces up for support, or tongue out for full flair, the Hound Dog is geared up and ready to run right off the leash.

Features
•Extra-padded insert to enhance your chillin' experience
•Versatile cupped outsole perfect for whatever
•Plush synthetic upper provides ideal comfort for straight kickin' it.

Turok_TTZ

Also not quite sure how Klopp would handle the ego problem that plagues the Madrid dressing room. Ronaldo constantly wants to be praised for greatness and crys like a Man U tosser if he's not given enough attention. Not sure how he'll like Madrid's lack of discipline, players like Pepe, would really wind him up. You need to be a very strong mentally manager to be able to manage there and certain players would need to be moved on.

if mou leaves so will cr7. I trust klopp can handle it. Isnt he a top coach? Having won the bundesliga twice is no easy feat. Especially when the Bundesliga is the most competitive of the top leagues.

Lightning

Banned
if mou leaves so will cr7. I trust klopp can handle it. Isnt he a top coach?
Dont you wankers dare send CR7 back to Utd.... I will hate Madrid for life if that happens.

And Klopp is a top manager but he has built a dream in Dortmund. Extremely talented team but without the ego and troublemakers. He also has complete backing from the Dortmund top brass. Excellent managed club alround. Can't really say the same for Madrid.

sohois

Dont you wankers dare send CR7 back to Utd.... I will hate Madrid for life if that happens.

And Klopp is a top manager but he has built a dream in Dortmund. Extremely talented team but without the ego and troublemakers. He also has complete backing from the Dortmund top brass. Excellent managed club alround. Can't really say the same for Madrid.

People said similar things before AVB went to Chelsea, few really thought he would be foolish enough to take it, but take the job he did. Now, some will point out that Dortmund are a more attractive proposition than Porto were, but on the flip side Real Madrid are also a far more alluring club than Chelsea. I would never bet against RM not getting their man if they really wanted him.

Turok_TTZ

I agree. Klopp has done brilliantly with dortmund. dortmund brass is also commendable. what madrid can learn from dortmund...

lol and here i thought manutd love cr7. i was mistaken ahahahaha. you have my condolences mate.

meanwhile i smash the heads of my fellow madridistas when they want wenger. really? wenger? dont like him.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Yurt, can you clue us in ?

Cunte pulled a LVG.

Went for a Hunter class. Haven't even started the game and already shitting myself. eek
Go for a mage/caster, it makes the game much easier IMO.
Where d'you think our Yurt got his name from?

<3 Yurt
WHICH ONE OF US

Well, <3 back regardless.

Damn, Far Cry 3 is really good so far.
I'm enjoying it too but the story really jumps the shark later on. :p

Turok_TTZ

We do. Lightning is a tragic Arsenal fan.

ah... lightning u have my condolences. having to suffer the arsenal board and wenger.

edit: going to sleep. hopefully when i wake up i read the news i want to see. night gaf.

edit2: BOOM BLOX I AM RETURNED.
Apparently if we sack mourinho right now we have to pay him 20 million euroes.,, GOD DAMNIT.
Damn no wonder Florentino has been silent so far. tough decision indeed. oh yeah, also apparently the team wanted mou fired for a month or so... and florentino knew about it. did not expect it to be this bad.
Flo is considering risking toril but he has doubts. I feel for our president, florentino perez. I hope he makes a decision soon. we must know what our future holds.

DominoKid

Mourinho's obviously gonna get fired, whether it's now or the end of the season. It was never going to be a match made in heaven but this is unreal.

I think Madrid are basically resigning themselves to being Barca's little brother for the foreseeable future if they let Mourinho go. I do think it's odd how his teams tend burnout in spectacular fashion though. I don't think that'd be a problem at a club with a stable & sensible power structure though. I can't imagine the difficulties that come with managing a circus shitshow like Madrid.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Sky's Serie A team of the year:

Cavani - Jovetic
Hamsik
Vidal - Pirlo - Marchisio
De Rossi
Samuel - Chiellini - Ogbonna
Buffon

Salazar

Clutch foul by Bulthuis in Utrecht v Ajax.

Damn, reading these stories i reallllllly hope United dont sign him once SAF retires.

Madrid is ridiculous with or without Mourinho. There's a limit to how much of this you can put on him.

All these super-madridista authority/authenticity games coming from some of the players. Fuck that.

Top Bottom