• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT11| Campaign: Save a donkey in Colombia

Status
Not open for further replies.

vall03

Wonder if we'll actually go out and buy some players after this.

and buy shit players? so sick of this every transfer window. Who are we getting? We've been extremely quiet even though Wenger said that they're going to be busy during the January transfers.

Feel sorry for Wilshere, he's put in a proper shift today.

Always does, for better or worse. He's usually the one trying to take all the chances and make all the passes near the end of a game. Great to see, sometimes. Hopefully he'll be able to channel that passion in a more composed manner by the time we sell him on to United.

Plasma

Banned
Happy with the clean sheet but this is the kind of game you need to (and should have) score 4-5 in to help with GD being so important and to set the tone for the rest of the season. Disappointing result to a certain extent.

First win in 37 years though at Arsenal.. can't overlook the importance of that.

Didn't you beat us last year at home in the league cup?

1358098665145.gif

1358098627491.gif

1358098507505.gif

Wilshere could have been killed

Hixx

1358098665145.gif

1358098627491.gif

1358098507505.gif

Wilshere could have been killed

Not watched the game, only just found out about the red.

Have some sympathy with ref, last .gif makes it look a very dangerous tackle but the first one makes it look like a perfect one. Though it seems Dean's view was closer to the last .gif's.

dc89

Clichy abused by Arsenal fans when leaving the pitch. He simply points to the Premier League winners patch on his shirt.

Fuck off.

Clichy abused by Arsenal fans when leaving the pitch. He simply points to the Premier League winners patch on his shirt.

Fuck off.

Clichy also won one with us.

Didn't get why the fans started booing him this match. Don't remember noticing it before. He left us wholly amiably.

Meier

Second gif there definitely makes it look more two-footed than I thought it was during the in-game replays.

That is just due to the angle. If Dean had made that call from that perspective it may have been an understandable mistake. As it is, he bottled it. The red card better be rescinded.. we have some winnable games ahead of us but our cover for CB will just be young Rekik with Kolo off in Africa.

That is just due to the angle. If Dean had made that call from that perspective it may have been an understandable mistake. As it is, he bottled it. The red card better be rescinded.. we have some winnable games ahead of us but our cover for CB will just be young Rekik with Kolo off in Africa.

Yeah, first gif makes it look totally clean and a fantastic tackle, which it was, but every other angle makes it seem 'soft' at the least. It was a tough one for the referee to call.

I really doubt it will be rescinded; they would never undermine one of their referees to that degree. The whole appeal system seems to be mostly a formality.

Meier

I really doubt it will be rescinded; they would never undermine one of their referees to that degree. The whole appeal system seems to be mostly a formality.

Someone recently had a red card rescinded for a smaller side... hopefully they follow suit. (Edit: Just looked it up, Nzonzi had one overturned for Stoke) It's entirely possible that City won't challenge it though since Liverpool would be the 4th game if they don't overturn it.

Betis is only 3 points behind Madrid. Incredible.

Hixx

Best league in the world.

The only leagues that aren't predictable are the ones no-one cares about.

gtiyh

Someone recently had a red card rescinded for a smaller side... hopefully they follow suit. (Edit: Just looked it up, Nzonzi had one overturned for Stoke) It's entirely possible that City won't challenge it though since Liverpool would be the 4th game if they don't overturn it.

Betis is only 3 points behind Madrid. Incredible.

The fuck does that have to do with anything?

Think Man Utd's win at the Etihad is the match that will decide the league. City needed to stop Utd winning that, especially as they still have to go to Old Trafford

Wilbur

Banned
Think Man Utd's win at the Etihad is the match that will decide the league. City needed to stop Utd winning that, especially as they still have to go to Old Trafford

Yeah, it's looking mighty pivotal provided we don't fuck it all up again. Not even points-wise, but mentally the push that will have given our players after last season is brilliant.

SO UNITED-GAF, IT'S

350px-Soil_forming_factors.JPG

Confidence and momentum boost from that win was important.

If Vidic can find form (solid today IMO) and Rooney comes back and plays as he did for that 4/5 game spell I'll be confident. Rooney and RVP together up front were deadly.

Wilbur

Banned
To be fair, many teams are a few points behind us but it's clear
we're a league or two above this season :p

Yeah, apart from a few Napoli matches I've seen you've consistently been the best team in the league

Confidence and momentum boost from that win was important.

If Vidic can find form (solid today IMO) and Rooney comes back and plays as he did for that 4/5 game spell I'll be confident. Rooney and RVP together up front were deadly.

I thought there was definite promise in Kagawa's performance today when he was drifting in, so hopefully Fergie noticed that and thought that using him and Rooney as switcheroos would be great. Rooney's more than capable of playing out left so if the two swap and roam and support RVP, on paper we'd be great.

Real promise in the Carrick/Cleverley partnership as well, both were very good today for the most part.

arkon

I'm surprised Hernandez didn't play today. Thought he would have been perfect to come on for the last 15-20 minutes. Plus he loves scoring against Liverpool.

Wilbur

Banned
I'm surprised Hernandez didn't play today. Thought he would have been perfect to come on for the last 15-20 minutes. Plus he loves scoring against Liverpool.

I think it was a matter of keeping more bodies tight and compact while not sacrificing RVP. Welbeck was more capable of coming back and occupying someone than Hernandez, especially when Liverpool were on the rise.

Clegg

Just finished watching the first half of the United game.

Carrick bossed the midfield. He's in excellent form atm.

RVP took his chance well but wasn't that involved in the game.

Thought United could have gotten a penalty when Wisdom shoved Kagawa into Reina.

Decent performance so far though.

Milan XI vs. Sampdoria (4-3-3): Abbiati; De Sciglio-Zapata-Mexes-Constant; Montolivo-Ambrosini-Boateng; Niang-Bojan-El Shaarawy.

Dat Niang.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
:lol

How'd it look from the stadium?

Giovinco has 10 in 27 according to Wiki, that isn't bad! And Quag 9 in 18.

#BasedDrogba will save you

Yeah Gio is a fantastic second striker <3 We just need a classy striker like Llorente or Welbeck to play in front of him.

It's technically 11 goals (Mirko stole his goal) and he's leading our assists chart with 5
3AQmK.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom