• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT11| Campaign: Save a donkey in Colombia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kikarian

We were definitely wasteful in the final third but our midfield controlled the game pretty well until Liverpools goal. Carrick/Clev is a decent partnership and it's the one I'd like to see start against Spurs.

Reading back through the thread I've noticed some posters giving Welbeck a lot of stick. He was nowhere near as bad as a lot of them are making out. He made some very clever runs behind the Liverpool defence and harried and closed down all match. He just has zero composure in front of goal.
Yeah. I think we all start matches poorly when Giggs or Scholes are on the pitch from the start.

Clegg

Kagawa was much improved today. Would still be hesitant in calling it a good performance though. He was dispossessed a couple of times by players simply muscling him off the ball. He was decent overall though. Definitely a performance he can build upon.

Not sure I'd play him against Spurs. We might need Young on the left wing to help Evra defend against Lennon.

Wilbur

Banned
Er, terrible too?

Don't get snarky. I know Kagawa was brilliant at Dortmund but he was sub-par again today, as he has been all season.

I honestly thought he was fine today. A bit quiet at times but he was always looking for the ball, made space for himself and his team mates, a few great passes, one great chance. He can do much much better but it certainly wasn't terrible.

Wilbur

Banned
Kagawa was much improved today. Would still be hesitant in calling it a good performance though. He was dispossessed a couple of times by players simply muscling him off the ball. He was decent overall though. Definitely a performance he can build upon.

Not sure I'd play him against Spurs. We might need Young on the left wing to help Evra defend against Lennon.

Good point actually, Lennon and Bale are a thousand times more terrifying than Downing and Sterling.

Valencia and Young on t'wings, Rooney and RVP up front. If Rooney's still injured, then Kagawa or Chicha

Kikarian

Not sure I'd play him against Spurs though. We might need Young on the left wing to help Evra defend against Lennon.
I just think he needs to Gel with the team now. Before his injury his subbed was never a regular. After his injury he hasn't been a regular. I just think he needs more games, really. Then we will see why everyone was raving about him.

But I still think, like you said it was a performance he can build on.

Carbonox

He'll leave and will crawl back to Dortmund in 2 years, 1 year after Kagawa does the same.

Kagawa returning would be lol. Wonder how you would fit him back in as it would require dropping Kuba probably.

Gundogan - Bender
Reus - Kagawa - Gotze
Lewandowski

Hnnnnnngh

Poor Sahin. Unless he becomes godly again then usurps Gundogan or Bender.

Clegg

John Cross ‏@johncrossmirror

Wenger says #afc performance was 'timid.' Says they are 'trying very hard' in the market. 'To find players of quality I wish you good luck.'

Wenger doesn't sound that hopeful about possible new signings.

Er, terrible too?

Don't get snarky. I know Kagawa was brilliant at Dortmund but he was sub-par again today, as he has been all season.

Yes, "terrible ... [r]eally" with his performance today and "sub-par ... all season" with two goals and three assists in seven starts before a two-month injury spell? He's obviously still fitting into the team and the change of style in the PL but your hyperbolic criticism is excessive to the point of inaccuracy.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I know, I know, you'll sign him, Falcao and David Villa by next week.

What's happening with Llorente?

No we won't.

Apparently Lion King is going to come here in June, but I seriously doubt that. Too many big sides are gonna be after him on a free, why pick an Italian team? Well I guess our only advantage is having no fucking strikers, but that's it.

He's smart, he won't go to Barca to warm their bench with David Villa (Spain's greatest goalscorer). Besides, he's too lanky to play on the wing. Madrid are getting Cavani, he's too much like Adebayor, I'm not sure Mourinho wants someone like him.

K1LLER7

Ashley Young was properly bad today. Worst player on the pitch in the first half probably.
Agree, he was up there with Welbeck for me. He didn't have the best of games, set one chance up for RVP that should've been finished but his touch was all over the place. Welbeck should've played on the left. Not a fan of him playing upfront or behind the striker. Doesn't have the ability to finish or play that killer pass imo.

Kagawa will come good. I don't think we'll see the best of him until next season. Similar to how it went for Lucas/Silva/Ramires. Think the same will happen for Hazard.

Fry

That JT thread keeps fooling me.

Referring to Justin Timberlake as 'JT' is really pushing it. Dude hasn't been around for 7 years. I didn't click on the thread because I didn't know who JT was. But then I decided to and was mind blown. I love his last album and can't wait for more.

Wilbur

Banned
I don't think Welbeck was anywhere near the worst player. Awful finisher, but intelligent running and movement, fucked with Skrtel and Agger, boundless energy, good defensive shift.

Slizz

FYlOv.jpg

4T0ou.jpg

EXbSO.jpg

yXYpq.jpg

Good game, void of controversy.

Linius

Referring to Justin Timberlake as 'JT' is really pushing it. Dude hasn't been around for 7 years. I didn't click on the thread because I didn't know who JT was. But then I decided to and was mind blown. I love his last album and can't wait for more.

I'm more interested in buying an album from our JT to be honest :p

Wilbur

Banned
Wilbury, what would be the tracklist from John Terry's debut album like?

1. Ebony & Ivory (ft. Luis Suarez) (produced by Tha Hitcher)
2. The Winner Takes It All
3. It Wasn't Me (ft. Wayne Bridge)
4. Dramatic reading of Mein Kampf
5. Champions Of Europe, We Know What We Are (ft. the Matthew Harding Stand)
6. I'm Gonna Give You AIDS (made famous by Anal Cunt)
7. Black & White (produced by Tha Hitcher)

Clegg

Hmm, don't know anything much other than that we want him and that his club are trying to extend his contract.

He's meant to be one of the better talents in Germany so he must be decent at least!

So you think we're interested?

That's good enough for me.

Fry

8. Cuntin' along (feat. Anton Ferdinand)

Linius

I like it. Instant buy.

scently

Good game, void of controversy.

I think it was void of controversy because most of the controversial and questionable decisions went against us; Skrtel fouling Welbeck went he could have gotten to the ball....could have been a red card, Wisdom shoving Kagawa in the box......should have been a penalty, Johnson's tackle on Valencia......deserved a second yellow card and thus a sending off, or the fact that Liverpool was allowed to play on when their keeper was injured, only for it to be stopped when we then had the ball. Had any of these been against Liverpool we will not hear the end of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom