• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT11| Campaign: Save a donkey in Colombia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
I don't think Kompany should be off for that.

If you're arguing our team is worse than those above us in the league at the moment, then I'm not going to really dispute that. I think the league table reflects the current state of a team. What I don't think it represents, however, is the quality of the individual players on paper. On paper, the gap shouldn't be as large.

Whether some of these players are good enough to be playing for Arsenal is another subject

So you think the quality of your individual players are possibly on the same level as United's and City's, but perhaps not good enough for Arsenal? Let's go through their first teams.

Sczeszny - worse than Hart and De Gea

Sagna - worse than Zabaleta and Rafael
Mertesacker - worse than Kompany and Ferdinand
Vermaelen - worse than Nastastic (at defending) and Evans
Gibbs - worse than Clichy and Evra

Arteta - better than Barry, equal to Carrick (not much in it with both, personal preference)
Wilshere - better than Cleverley, worse than Yaya

AOC - worse than Tevez and Valencia
Cazorla - marginally worse than Rooney and Silva
Podolski - better than Young, worse than Aguero

Giroud - worse than RVP and Dzeko

Wilbur

Banned
Fixed. Without RvP you would be 3rd.

We came second on goal difference without RVP last year. But you keep pushing your narrative, City fan

Well, they aren't to me, so what you mean to say rather is "they are to me". Which is why I described this as subjective.

If your players were good enough, they'd be able to form a team good enough to challenged United and City. Which they haven't. So they're not. 21 points as a team is several tiers below to me.

TeegsD

Lets take the leading scorer off any team and see what position they'd be in! It'll be hypothetical fun!

I love that RvP is bringing in so much salt over here. "Let's pretend that the person who's job it is to score goals doesn't exist"

Fixed. Without RvP you would be 3rd.

The rest of the team isn't up to City tier

jbkbvXWVuhhs4S_e.jpg

Wilbur

Banned
I love that RvP is bringing in so much salt over here. "Let's pretend that the person who's job it is to score goals doesn't exist"

It's the fucking worst stat in the world 'OH THEY'D BE TENTH'

They'd be playing every game with ten men you stupid, stupid fucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom