• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT11| Campaign: Save a donkey in Colombia

Status
Not open for further replies.

spidye

In one sense I agree with you, It is probably easier to get points than any club in England. But the fact that we are talking about them replacing their manager after a year of a CL final and second places after a great side, show that it isn´t easy.

they aren't replacing heyncles because he didn't win any titles. they are replacing him because he's 67 years old. he wants to retire someday.

pulga

Banned
Madrid starting 11: Casillas; Essien, Albiol, Carvalho, Marcelo; Xabi, Khedira; Modric, Ozil, Cristiano; Benzema

Not surprised about Di Maria absence, he's been terrible all season. Apparently Mourinho strongly reprimanded him, even going as far as to tell him that ever since he had his contract renewed, he's been shit. Baffled that Varane is missing from the lineup.

Nyx

Shiiit, that was my first thought...lol

Also what's with CA/PA?? I can't be bothered to go trough the whole thread - that summary post needs more info!
/and like, who's managing it? Hmmz..

CA = Current Ability
PA = Potential Ability

In FM these two attributes decide how good a player is now, and in the future.
If you set these to ''zero'', the outcome is random.

Regarding managing the teams, I think it will be 1 person setting up a new game, going on holiday for an entire season straight away, and then afterwards posts info and screens on everybody involved.

This way the CPU decides everything, and combined with the random attributes everyone got it should be a surprising and fun result.

Not sure if WoodenLung is going to do this exactly like I just explained though.

Kikarian

Madrid starting 11: Casillas; Essien, Albiol, Carvalho, Marcelo; Xabi, Khedira; Modric, Ozil, Cristiano; Benzema

Not surprised about Di Maria absence, he's been terrible all season. Apparently Mourinho strongly reprimanded him, even going as far as to tell him that ever since he had his contract renewed, he's been shit. Baffled that Varane is missing from the lineup.
Mourinho saying how it is.

Guillem Ballague just said that Pep is in advanced talks with Bayern and that some people are saying it's 90% done and that Pep wants to manage in Germany.

Shit son.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Spurs development squad crushed Peterborough 8-1 today. Alex Pritchard scored 4, Cristian Ceballos 2. I really hope these guys can make the step up, they are both great prospects.

CA = Current Ability
PA = Potential Ability

In FM these two attributes decide how good a player is now, and in the future.
If you set these to ''zero'', the outcome is random.

Regarding managing the teams, I think it will be 1 person setting up a new game, going on holiday for an entire season straight away, and then afterwards posts info and screens on everybody involved.

This way the CPU decides everything, and combined with the random attributes everyone got it should be a surprising and fun result.

Not sure if WoodenLung is going to do this exactly like I just explained though.

Yoyoyo, wait - I'm an insider man - just 2 months ago I sunk some 150h into FM13 beta :p
I just wanted to know who's going to determine them for us/how the will be determined (in the editor).
Your suggestions are all reasonable btw. I guess I'd also be fine with a random team seeding.

/Wilbz is destined to be a creepy masseur (physio) and dc...well, it's obvious isn't it? lol - but there are no pr positions though :|

Nyx

Yoyoyo, wait - I'm an insider man - just 2 months ago I sunk some 150h into FM13 beta :p
I just wanted to know who's going to determine them for us/how the will be determined (in the editor).
Your suggestions are all reasonable btw. I guess I'd also be fine with a random team seeding.

Ah sorry!

WoodenLung would run the game, and kingellesar is doing a lot of editor stuff.

He also mentioned Valdes and Liverpool.. I admit I was half paying attention
On that he said it's true Valdes wants a bigger contract and is saying that he can go to other clubs if Barca don't give it to him (Liv/Arsenal).

I'm not really a Guillem fan and think he chat a fair bit of nonsense but he does seem to know stuff about Guardiola.

I think they might be room mates.

elseanio

On that he said it's true Valdes wants a bigger contract and is saying that he can go to other clubs if Barca don't give it to him (Liv/Arsenal).

I'm not really a Guillem fan and think he chat a fair bit of nonsense but he does seem to know stuff about Guardiola.

I think they might be room mates.

He's giving a talk in Liverpool soon about pep. I might go. Didn't he write a book on his time at barca?

Spurs development squad crushed Peterborough 8-1 today. Alex Pritchard scored 4, Cristian Ceballos 2. I really hope these guys can make the step up, they are both great prospects.

Pritchard's contract is done at the end of the season. Our best player in the U21 squad and we're probably going to lose him...

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Looks like Remy has officially joined QPR

lol Newcastle

lol Remy

Enjoy the Championship.

is what I'd be saying if he didn't have an escape clause in his contract

Pritchard's contract is done at the end of the season. Our best player in the U21 squad and we're probably going to lose him...

I hope we try everything to keep him. I bet he goes to Liverpool if he does go, to join Inglethorpe.

Since I'm one of the few missing (actually I'm not even on the list but I'm bored and I don't know what to do):
Name: TheLucifer
Height: 185 cm
Weight: around 100 kg iirc
Nationality: Italian
#19 if possible
Position: CB/Striker
Stronger foot: Right

Wilbur

Banned
We should definitely make two teams and just add everyone we can. Don't do Brits vs rest either, I want some Italians and Hondurans in my team

Elsk - eccentricity - 20

Arnie

Would love it if Pep went to Bayern, raise the profile of the Bundesliga and make their battle with Dortmund more enjoyable for the neutral. Don't think I could actively dislike a Pep led team. Imagine how good Martinez would become under Pep.

Oh, and G-Unit...

looooooooooooooooool

K1LLER7

It's on the list above. Not sure if it tells you the physio.

EDIT: We found out.
Ah so he's our Eva :p

See I'm in strike just like Bebe :) not sure this is all the info you need:

Name: BebeCome Back
Nationality: English
Height: 6.2"
Weight: No idea, guess around 13-14 stones
Shirt Number: 7 > 9 > 20 > 69 > 79 > 89
Foot: right
useless with both
Strengths: Shooting, Dribbling, short passes. Speed, trickster
Weakness: Crossing, long passes, heading, stamina

PA = Like Bebe, will become the next Messi.

pulga

Banned
We should definitely make two teams and just add everyone we can. Don't do Brits vs rest either, I want some Italians and Hondurans in my team

Elsk - eccentricity - 20

Oh yeah baby give me some tongue

Speaking of elsk, he just tweeted that Roger Espinoza is starting for Wigan today! Hell yes.

547011_548215931855111_1504260374_n.jpg

Sage00

Once And Future Member
A group of Celtic supporters went to where the squad are training at their camp in Spain / playing a friendly against Steaua Bucharest (live in ESPN right now) and the club let them in to watch. You can just hear about 10 guys madly shouting. :lol

BigBoss

Why does Mourinho insist on playing Essien as a defender?

Hes horrible.

Kikarian

A group of Celtic supporters went to where the squad are training / playing a friendly against Steaua Bucharest (live in ESPN right now) and the club let them in to watch. You can just here about 10 guys madly shouting. :lol
Haha, I was just watching it then.

You could randomly hear people shouting for like 5 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom