• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT11| Campaign: Save a donkey in Colombia

Status
Not open for further replies.

arkon

xfwfo8h.jpg

So beautiful it hurts. As if he was sculpted by the hands of Michelangelo.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Just came back from the tryout, it was a lot of fun! I played well but was disappointed in the following:

-Our team was made of 10 players who all wanted to play forward. OK, no biggie, some of us will play D and then well switch ... but of course, 2nd game comes along and NOBODY wanted to switch. Buncha assholes

-They encouraged people to not show off too much and overdribble ... yeah right. I have never played with a more selfish bunch. Nobody made good runs, they all just called for the ball at all times and dribbled themselves into corners instead of keeping the ball rolling. In the last match, one of our defenders, last guy with the ball mind you, tried to dribble the forward! Ugh.

Overall I played well though. While on D not a single person got past, took a shot at goal (narrowly missed the post from outside the box and made good passes. No delusions but Im happy with my performance.

Just came back from the tryout, it was a lot of fun! I played well but was disappointed in the following:

-Our team was made of 10 players who all wanted to play forward. OK, no biggie, some of us will play D and then well switch ... but of course, 2nd game comes along and NOBODY wanted to switch. Buncha assholes

-They encouraged people to not show off too much and overdribble ... yeah right. I have never played with a more selfish bunch. Nobody made good runs, they all just called for the ball at all times and dribbled themselves into corners instead of keeping the ball rolling. In the last match, one of our defenders, last guy with the ball mind you, tried to dribble the forward! Ugh.

Overall I played well though. While on D not a single person got past, took a shot at goal (narrowly missed the post from outside the box and made good passes. No delusions but Im happy with my performance.
I don't know what team you were trying out for but it's most likely that a disciplined and team focused performance will make you stand out alot more than people going on stupid dribbles.

Most of those guys don't realise how hard that is to do in a real 11 a side football match.

Wilbur

Banned

Well done anyway man! Was in the cinema when you posted, but read it anyway. When do you find out if you succeeded?

Exactly, that's a good looking man.

Not Albert Riera 2.0.

I....i was joking with Lloris, I can't tell if you are with Borini :p

None of our players are good looking, maybe Mr.Jan. VdV was :p

Must suck going into work everyday knowing your boss is better looking though, AVB <3

Yen

I believe Louie is his first time seeing Louis CK other than maybe his appearances on Parks and Rec.
Louie debuts in the UK on Tuesday on FOX (formerly FX), in case anyone is interested. I haven't watched it, or seen his stand up, but people hype this up.

Wilbur

Banned
Eh? They're both great, I just marginally prefer Mrs Brown's Boys. Its a bit less far-fetched and gimmicky

Mrs Brown's Boys has a man dressed up as a woman. Less gimmicky POR QUE MOTHERFUCKER

Awful awful show. You and Fry better duke it out for worst taste motherfucker

Yen

So today, Arnie:

- said he wants to say the N word (after seeing Django Unchained.)
- started calling Sturridge "Django"

Proper naughty.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
I don't know what team you were trying out for but it's most likely that a disciplined and team focused performance will make you stand out alot more than people going on stupid dribbles.

Most of those guys don't realise how hard that is to do in a real 11 a side football match.

San Jose Earthquakes, an MLS team. Im hoping they noticed that I was moving around and I made sure my teammates were able to hear what I thought (lol) You never know though, maybe some of the other heats had all the good guys, this shit is random. Nobody really stood out to me though.

Well done anyway man! Was in the cinema when you posted, but read it anyway. When do you find out if you succeeded?

Thanks! I'll find out if I make it to the next round on Monday. It was easy 100+ players and then down to 24 or so, so the chances are slim

Giroud is the most traditionally handsome player in the league I think. Lloris is up there as well. Aguero not so much. He's just a great player with a nice smile.

No.

I haven't.

I bet you're one of those that shouts hello when the turn off your mobile advert plays in the cinema.

Wilbur

Banned
CaughtOffside's top 25 sexy footballers (dated 2011)

25. Frank Lampard
24. Diego Forlan
23. Alto Ocio
22. Cristiano Ronaldo
21. Edinson Cavani

20. Raul
19. Freddie Ljungberg
18. Jesus Navas
17. Roque Santa Cruz
16. David James

15. Landon Donovan
14. Fernando Torres
13. Francesco Totti
12. Kenwyne Jones
11. Sergio Ramos

10. Alessandro del Piero
9. Kaka
8. Benny Feilhaber
7. Marco Borriello
6. Gerard Pique

5. David Beckham
4. Xabi Alonso
3. Thierry Henry
2. Iker Casillas
1. Yoann Gourcuff

Timurid

CaughtOffside's top 25 sexy footballers (dated 2011)

25. Frank Lampard
24. Diego Forlan
23. Alto Ocio
22. Cristiano Ronaldo
21. Edinson Cavani

20. Raul
19. Freddie Ljungberg
18. Jesus Navas
17. Roque Santa Cruz
16. David James

15. Landon Donovan
14. Fernando Torres