• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT11| Campaign: Save a donkey in Colombia

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I thought, the poor choice of back four is costing us. Walker has needed to be dropped for several weeks, Naughton is killing the ball by cutting back to right foot.

Ekotto for Walker for me then switch Naughton. But it won't happen, we'll see Sigurdsson stroll on for a cameo appearance and do a giant fuck all.

GAME SHOULD BE CANCELLED, WEATHER YO.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Even game IMO. Walker caught ball watching for the umpteenth time, we got punished. De Gea has had to make better saves than Lloris, but United were clinical with the only clear chance of the game.

Please AVB put BAE on at HT. Walker's head has gone.

In second half, take welberg off for Rooney.
Nope.

Welbeck is an outlet, far better than the other wingers or Rooney, because he has power and pace so he can take balls in and then run away from defender.

The difference here is that 3 years ago that player was Ronaldo, when he turned and got away, it was a goal. Welbeck of course can not do damage once he gets goal-side.

If Rooney or Young are playing that role they won't even salvage the balls out from defence.

caramac

ibpZxQvIUCVnSD.png

K1LLER7

Nope.

Welbeck is an outlet, far better than the other wingers or Rooney, because he has power and pace so he can take balls in and then run away from defender.

The difference here is that 3 years ago that player was Ronaldo, when he turned and got away, it was a goal. Welbeck of course can not do damage once he gets goal-side.

If Rooney or Young are playing that role they won't even salvage the balls out from defence.
I feel we need to start holding the ball more, be it through taking welbeck or clev off. We need to start dictating the game. Dropping deep will only invite pressure and Spurs will eventually score. They've come close a couple of times already. Although when countering Welbeck's done well. His play in the final 3rd can be frustrating.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Vertonghen is ill, that's why he's not playing. Our other CBs are injured so he has to be on the bench.

I feel we need to start holding the ball more, be it through taking welbeck or clev off. We need to start dictating the game. Dropping deep will only invite pressure and Spurs will eventually score. They've come close a couple of times already. Although when countering Welbeck's done well. His play in the final 3rd can be frustrating.
I know what you mean but simply switching Rooney in for Welbeck won't achieve that.

If we want to start dominating the game we need the whole team to push up 20 yards, for Jones to come off who is basically a covering player and to put another winger or striker on.

Obv. Ferguson has decided not to play that way and so if we are going to play this way for the result, Welbeck is the right player.

Whether we should be looking to dictate in order to win this match - another debate.

Evra needs to do better against Lennon this half. He's watching the ball in the air and he isn't get tight at all. Lennon had him on toast all half.

Should have passed to Dempsey when he shot earlier on, was an easy 1-on-1.

Salazar

I reckon stay as we are. Spurs look ok and we will need to get at least another goal out of this game, but the side we've got out there now can do this.

Slizz

Evra needs to do better against Lennon this half. He's watching the ball in the air and he isn't get tight at all. Lennon had him on toast all half.

Lennon always has a good game against Evra :\

FootballFan

Oh ffs FUCK OFF.

The first Barca game I missed this season, and we lose.

Time to catch up on the thread. Welcome back Andres.

Also Victor Valdes is an idiot for announcing that he will leave in the next 18 months. Does he seriously think he is that good? :lol

Well, you have no point of reference. I do, so let me tell you: even when he's "good" at Utd., he's still just 30-40% of what he's been at Dortmund. I'm not even sure why that is anymore.

Kagawa was playing in a team set up for him. Runners behind him in midfield. Players instructed to pass the ball into his feet early. A fluid system of pressing and attack. And most of all, trust built over time. I don't find it shocking that he currently looks half the player he was.

Our style is perhaps less suited to his game but he'll adapt (and the team will adapt).

K1LLER7

He's on a yellow too :(

Not sure if we've got anyone on the bench who can come on if this keeps up.

I reckon stay as we are. Spurs look ok and we will need to get at least another goal out of this game, but the side we've got out there now can do this.
Yeah it's worked till now, Spurs best chances have come from our mistakes or that Bale shot which can happen anyhow.

We are finding space going forwards.

Been fine so far. See where it's at in 20 mins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom