• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT11| Campaign: Save a donkey in Colombia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tc91

Kop Magazine ‏@TheKopMagazine
Jason Puncheon - the new boss said play the floating role, not the floaters role

Meier

Great result for Soton. If Everton want to make sure they get to the UCL, they've obviously got to be winning games like this.

pulga

Banned
So yeah, this came out of the blue

379340_10151188723081227_117026796_n.jpg

LOS ANGELES, CA (January 21, 2013) – American actor Patrick Dempsey, of the hit TV series Grey’s Anatomy, Dempsey Racing, and Italian soccer star Alessandro Del Piero announced today the formation of a new motorsports team - Dempsey/Del Piero Racing. This past Wednesday, the newly formed team submitted an entry to the Automobile Club de l’Ouest (ACO) to compete in the 2013 24 Hours of Le Mans and will also field a minimum two-car effort in the 2013 American Le Mans Series.

As a current star player for Sydney FC, former franchise player and captain for Juventus Football Club S.p.A., and 2006 World Cup Champion, Del Piero is widely recognized as one of the most popular international personalities of the sport and brings a captain’s championship winning passion to Dempsey/Del Piero Racing. His dedication to winning and proven capability to motivate a team will prove central to the team’s success.

“We are excited to join forces with Alessandro and compete at the highest levels of racing,” said Dempsey. “Alessandro’s passion for winning and leadership skills will be invaluable and he will play an important role in the development and direction of the team,” Dempsey added.

“I have had a passion for motorsport since I was a young boy growing up in Italy” said Del Piero. “I am thrilled at the opportunity to team with Patrick. We expect to compete at a very high level and our central focus will be on winning world championships,” he added.

The new team, based in the United States, submitted an entry to the 24 Hours of Le Mans on Wednesday with drivers Dempsey, Joe Foster and Michael Avenatti. Avenatti and Foster are also principals with the new team. Filippo Marchino will serve as a consultant to the team.

“We are thrilled to have submitted an entry to the 24 Hours of Le Mans and anxiously await news from the ACO Selection Committee,” said Foster. “We would be honored to have the privilege to race at Le Mans. 2013 promises to be a very promising year for the team and our partners,” added Foster.

The team expects to announce further details concerning its plans for Le Mans and ALMS, as well as unveil the car livery, sponsorship, and driving line-up, in the coming weeks.

I don't know what any of this means, but FUCK YEAH DEL PIERO CAR!

Great result for us, thought Everton would keep the pressure on us, that point yesterday was so vital, we now have a 3 point gap! Need to start stretching that gap now.

RIP Garrone.
Not sure. I'd say he told Lucas he wants to go, and he told Sky Italia that he wants to stay. He is bullshitting to one of them.
Why are we assuming that he knows Lucas?
Sorry, but i'm inclined to believe more in an interview on live tv than some random rumor. :p

England are spoiled for future left-backs. Danny Rose, Jack Robinson and Luke Shaw could all turn out to be excellent fullbacks.

Not sure on Danny Rose for England! Having a good season for Sunderland, surprised AVB said he won't be going!

We're pretty good for RB area too? Walker if he gets his form back and Naughton who has had a fine season so far debuting at LB for us, deserves a stint at RB to let Walker try and regain his form.

Not sure on Danny Rose for England! Having a good season for Sunderland, surprised AVB said he won't be going!

We're pretty good for RB area too? Walker if he gets his form back and Naughton who has had a fine season so far debuting at LB for us, deserves a stint at RB to let Walker try and regain his form.

Gibbs at LB too.

Salvadora

Jenkinson has the English RB position sorted for the next decade +.

Arnie

That would be true if he wasn't one of the worst English right backs I've ever had the hilarious pleasure of watching.

A handful of games looking competent doesn't make him international quality.
He's been good this season and he's still quite young, I wouldn't write him off yet. In the first few months he showed he could compete at the level Arsenal require, more so than Sagna has since returning from injury.

Salvadora

Hope he plays against West Ham. Sagna was all over the place against Chelsea.
I don't know what's happened with Sagna, people speculate he wants a way out but he was pure shite. Not for the first time either.

Once Johnson retires he's got to beat Wisdom, Kelly, and Walker.
I'd like to see him go on loan somewhere he could get time on the pitch, but when our options are Sagna or Jenkinson it is worrying.
That would be true if he wasn't one of the worst English right backs I've ever had the hilarious pleasure of watching.

A handful of games looking competent doesn't make him international quality.
He is still extremely inexperienced and is prone to making very stupid mistakes, but I wouldn't write him off just yet. A year ago I was wondering how he was ever able to become a professional.

How could I forget the English Messi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom