• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT11| Campaign: Save a donkey in Colombia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. Benitez doesn't have the balls to upset him by putting Ba on.
I don't think it's that he hasn't got the balls.

He probably knows if he takes Torres off now for Ba Torres' already shot confidence will plunge further. He's probably desperately hoping Torres can somehow manage to do something good.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Brilliant tackle by El Sha.

He probably knows if he takes Torres off now for Ba Torres' already shot confidence will plunge further. He's probably desperately hoping Torres can somehow manage to do something good.
That's what I was thinking. The fans shot themselves in the foot.

Bo-Locks

I'm sick of hearing about Torres. If he can't handle being subbed at 80 minutes in a 0-0 game after not scoring then he needs to transfer to a different/lower league. He's finished as a top player, and it's his own attitude that has ruined him, not his injury. As a United fan I suppose I hope Benitez continues to indulge him and ruins Chelsea's hopes in the league and cups.

Yes. Benitez doesn't have the balls to upset him by putting Ba on.

You're talking about a manager who consantly criticised Hicks and Gilette when they were actively looking for reasons to sack him

I don't think a lack of balls is something that could be levelled at him

Feorax

The Times (Tony Barrett) reporting FSG want to bring Kenny back into the club, possibly in a similar ambassadorial role to the one he had previously.

Would be great if true, although I'm not sure I'd want that shadow hanging over Brendan. The job is tough enough as it is.

Dibbz

I'm sick of hearing about Torres. If he can't handle being subbed at 80 minutes in a 0-0 game after not scoring then he needs to transfer to a different/lower league. He's finished as a top player, and it's his own attitude that has ruined him, not his injury. As a United fan I suppose I hope Benitez continues to indulge him and ruins Chelsea's hopes in the league and cups.

lol Chelsea wish it was 0-0

Pretty much this. Rafa knows Torres more than anyone else and has been trying to accomodate him as much as possible since he got the Chelsea job. If he benches Torres too early for Ba, Torres will need a whole year before he can score another goal. See what happened last season when he was "pushed" by an old half-injured Drogba.

Ba will probably only get to play when Torres needs a rest or in the last 15 minutes of a match if Torres starts. Will remain that way until Torres strings together 10-15 crappy performances and it's become untenable to start him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom