• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT13| This title has been fixed

Tc91

blSmchW.png

I'm sorry

Hey hey, I still keep a eye on Stockport County. Went to see them at Wembley in 2008? I think when they got promoted. I was a ball boy for them as well when I was younger.

Now they are down in the shitter :(

Just my Dad failed in his mission to turn me into a blue when I was growing up.

Will United fans still try to pretend the title is not theirs after this game?

Pretend? You mean like last year when we gave up 8 points while ahead?

No. Most of us are optimistic, but cautiously so. We are still in the CL, against Real Madrid no less. There's a lot to juggle while Manchester City is free to focus fully in the BPL.

Kyoufu

People can laugh at La Liga all they want but at least the best team in the world wins that title every year.

This Man United team is terrible and would never start for Barcelona or Real Madrid except for RVP.

Bo-Locks

That was some of the best football I've seen United play all season. Very good both defensively and offensively, pressing well, Clev and Rooney have seen a lot of the ball, Jones has cancelled Fellaini out of the game, Vidic has been excellent and this is with a very strange looking midfield on paper that have got got the bit between their teeth. Get another goal and make some changes to keep the key players fresh. Everton look quite average.

We've got a good chance of Wednesday if we play as well as this.

K1LLER7

It's weird because UTD teams of old always used to dictate the tempo and just pin the opposition into their own half.

These days they/you just seem setup to counter teams and to be fair it's deadly effective.
We lack the pace on the counter compared to teams like Spurs, Dortmund and Madrid. When we had Ronaldo, it was definitely more effective. We need a winger who'll have the pace to just run past players. Valencia did that last season, but his inability to use his left foot added to his bad form this season hasn't helped :(

Last year City were not playing like they have done this whole season.
To be fair when City were on that bad run, it didn't seem like they had it in them to come back. They managed to change it around.

I agree this season feels different though.

People can laugh at La Liga all they want but at least the best team in the world wins that title every year.

This Man United team is terrible and would never start for Barcelona or Real Madrid except for RVP.
So bitter you don't even make sense.

TeegsD

Missed this entire half getting mine and a buddies car out of this snow pit. Great to see
united up but unfortunate that Sporting is down :|

You are missing the difference between being the best team in the world and being the best league in the world.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Heintinga is so fucking awful. Watching him wandering around makes me realise how lucky Spurs are to have 5 competent CBs. Heitinga is Everton's third choice and he's dogshit.

Fry

Real Madrid are the current title holders. :p

Yep. It's annoying because he does serve a really worthy purpose in our team on the front foot, he moves the ball so quickly and sweetly that it sets us off far better than an inconsistent Anderson or Giggs in there, even Rooney who can be cumbersome.

But for some reason he just doesn't have a whiff of a positional sense.

BTW, it almost seems like De Gea has been told not to come for crosses. Not even trying to get off his line. Not good. Luckily Vidic is great in the mixer.

I was gonna mention that earlier. Unless its lofted up and is in the air for like 4 seconds, he leaves it to Vidic, even if it goes across his half way line. Moyes should just throw Fellaini up front since Anichebe is doing nothing up front, and Fellaini is doing nothing behind him

Kyoufu

Not one Newscastle player from the entire squad over the last 10 years would even make it onto the subs bench.

Clearly you know nothing about football.

Not surprised considering you're from Ireland and you only "support" Man United because you saw them lift a trophy while randomly changing the channel.

Go home. You're drunk.

Clearly you know nothing about football.

Not surprised considering you're from Ireland and you only "support" Man United because you saw them lift a trophy while randomly changing the channel.

Go home. You're drunk.

It was tongue in cheek, slightly.

I forgot about Woodgate, and I thought Shearer retired much earlier.

I've supported Utd since 89, and I don't drink alcohol. Nice attempt at stereotyping though.

Top Bottom