• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT13| This title has been fixed

Clegg

Yet despite all that we still have CL football through all that time, got a new stadium, have the best foundation for our club. The trophy situation is really the only thing we can be attacked on, along with player sales but this is attributed to the trophy situation. Other than that Liverpool's owners would give their left ballsack to be in Arsenal's position.

So regardless of the state of Arsenal you're still Lolerpool whether you like it or not.

And you fail spectacularly to do anything with it.

Lightning

Banned
I love the concept that Arsenal fans don't even want trophies. Last 16 of the CL or bust, baby!

Livepool have exactly the same chance as Arsenal of winning the CL this year.
Eh? No you get it wrong. I respect the achievement, it's not what we want. Would I prefer us to time travel back to 2003-2004? Of course but trophies is the only thing holding us back now. Finances etc... have all been sorted where in the past you couldn't say that. Will we suddenly start winning trophies? I doubt it but being realistic everyone is so far behind the Manchester clubs right now that it will take a long time and a lot of money to catch them. Liverpool, Spurs and Arsenal all wont be doing that anytime soon.

Mastadon

Banned
Eh? No you get it wrong. I respect the achievement, it's not what we want. Would I prefer us to time travel back to 2003-2004? Of course but trophies is the only thing holding us back now. Finances etc... have all been sorted where in the past you couldn't say that. Will we suddenly start winning trophies? I doubt it but being realistic everyone is so far behind the Manchester clubs right now that it will take a long time and a lot of money to catch them. Liverpool, Spurs and Arsenal all wont be doing that anytime soon.

But Spurs are closer to them than you are right now :lol

L1NETT

As long as the Petro clubs remain, Arsenal will find it tough, as will Pool/Spurs.

It is no coincidence Arsenal's so called "demise" coincides with the rise of the Petro clubs. If they didn't exist, Arsenal might have Hazard, Mata and Cole playing at their club.

They can't, understandably, compete with those two.

But Spurs are closer to them than you are right now :lol

If Bale loses form or gets injured, they will struggle for the rest of season. Saying Spurs have surpassed the Gunners is delusional.

REMINDER. Watch Black Mirror at 10pm on Channel 4 written by my Avatar. Great TV

If people think Arsenal are in crisis then fair enough, but they should be careful what they wish for. A stable club who admittedly hasn't won much (but who are loaded due to this stabiltiy) is far superior to an unstable club who change their manager like Noel Edmunds does to his shirts on Deal or no Deal.

Would people count where Liverpool are as success? They have won the League Cup recently yes, but the last couple past of seasons have had their worst team for AGES and might not get in the CL for how many years now?

Arsenal over Pool/Spurs any day.
I don't think they're in crisis.

I think they're a club going in the wrong direction lacking ambition. Liverpool and Spurs are stable, and they're striving to improve.

FootballFan

New happy birthday gaf response:

iZTMAnxNREgb7.jpg

nPcl8Ad.jpg

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Liverpool is playing like how I play FIFA 13 when I'm blasted. 9,374 shots, 2,458 on target, 0 goals. WBA's first or second shot will go in though, this is how football works.

Randdalf

Liverpool sometimes make completely pointless passes, they need somebody like Wilshere who can drive through a midfield rather than playing it sideways.

L1NETT

Spurs are stable? Eh?

They Fire more people than Alan Sugar on a red bull drip.

They keep chopping and changing while Wenger just sits there and mullers them most years. I can't believe some people would rather be Spurs than Arsenal. If Arsenal's squad is bad, what is Spurs??

----

Sorry, in quite a debate-y mood today. It will pass.

Meier

Sheeeeit, Gerard ganked Suarez's ball but it almost paid off. This feels like a City game as of late. So many chances that aren't being converted.

Top Bottom