• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT13| This title has been fixed

Feorax

Our midfield became completely gutless when Hendo went off. Poor decision. Need an overhaul in defence in the summer too.

Oh well, shit happens.

PowderedToast

sick of watching lucas lumber about the pitch and be shit. fucking mediocre player through and through

not to say it was entirely his fault today, everyone had a shocker excluding downing and maybe borini. rodgers fucked up once more with his team selection.

Wilbur

Banned
Liverpool's centre backs in a dire situation right now. Carragher leaving, Coates not looking up to it, Agger and Skrtel making errors an awful lot...

Need to strengthen there first and foremost.

Sane_Man

Our midfield became completely gutless when Hendo went off. Poor decision. Need an overhaul in defence in the summer too.

Oh well, shit happens.

I honestly think we're just cursed as a club. Last season one of the only saving graces was the Skrtel-Agger partnership. This season they're both completely shit. We fix one thing and another thing breaks. Sad times.

You should shut the fuck up and enjoy Lukaku bombing for Chelsea next season.
Because he'll want to be third in line after Falcao and Ba?
Hope he leaves your premier asses for good
and comes to Dortmund where Klopp will turn him into a footballing assassin

What if WBA ended up in EL and Swansea in CL - that'd be funny :O

Fry

sick of watching lucas lumber about the pitch and be shit. fucking mediocre player through and through

not to say it was entirely his fault today, everyone had a shocker excluding downing and maybe borini. rodgers fucked up once more with his team selection.

isPD5ooY4iYOa.gif

sohois

It's not a fluke, it's their game plan.

The game plan relied on a world class performance from Foster and a big slice of luck with stuff like deflections and rebounds.

What? Lucas had a very good game today I felt.

ShogunX

Have you taken this off RAWK for people to laugh at?

Soo... does this loss affect the team that Rodgers sends out on Thursday with another "must win" game against Swansea coming up on the weekend?

Wilbur

Banned

Well either Swansea or Bradford will get EL by winning the Capital One Cup (personally I kind of hope its Swansea - sorry L1NETT!), but there's no way they get CL :lol

elseanio

why does lucas get priority over every other player with substitutions? WHY

WHY TAKE OFF HENDERSON

FUCK OFF RODGERS

Lucas has been subbed in the last few games, what are you on about? We also don't have any other defensive mid, one that covers the fullbacks when they get forward

jtb

Banned
Soo... does this loss affect the team that Rodgers sends out on Thursday with another "must win" game against Swansea coming up on the weekend?

Rodgers has no more must-win games. 4th is impossible, and only a fuck up of epic proportions would prevent Europa League qualification. Might as well wheel out the youngsters and tinker with formations along the way.

L1NETT

For all my pseudo-anti Pool chat, I hope they destroy Swansea. I don't wish harm on any player, but I kinda hope Michu breaks his leg. In a pleasurable way obviously. Going to need him out for the Cup Final if we are to stand any chance.

Well either Swansea or Bradford will get EL by winning the Capital One Cup (personally I kind of hope its Swansea - sorry L1NETT!), but there's no way they get CL :lol

It has been noted. And it will not be forgotten!! :p

We have European pedigree, the Swans don't. We graced the Intertoto Cup...the finest of all competitions! Arshavin made his debut against us for pitys sake. Pedigree

If Falcao comes then Lukaku will be loaned out again, have a very hard time seeing Chelsea selling him or him wanting to leave for good, he's a massive fan of the club too. At this point I doubt Falcao will come though, Torres will probably ride out his contract on the bench for Chelsea once a proper manager comes (not a fat Spanish clown) and have Ba and Lukaku in front of him.

Meier

I don't think it's entirely fair to say Liverpool wasted chances. Ben Foster was absolutely incredible -- if this game had ended 0-0 then every single story would be about him. He was flawless today.

LFC scores 2-3 goals, easily, against nearly every other team in the league today with the same performance.

Wes

venison crêpe

4th has got to be well out of their reach now. I think they'll get another Europa position though.

Are Liverpool still in the FA Cup? Time to focus on that and the Europa League perhaps.

sohois

what constitutes as a good lucas performance? is it because he completed a few passes? cos he sure can't press, or attack, or tackle..or do anything

am i living in BIZZARO WORLD

Probably. You do seem a bit deranged.#

sixghost said:
How many times has this exact same thing happened to Liverpool? You can only call it luck so many times.

This season? Only once really, when the ref fucked up against Everton to prevent the win. There have been games when Liverpool have played better but the results have usually been a reflection of mistakes or poor attack; not this occasion.

flyover

Liverpool's centre backs in a dire situation right now. Carragher leaving, Coates not looking up to it, Agger and Skrtel making errors an awful lot...

Need to strengthen there first and foremost.

Do they currently have someone in the ranks who could (and should) play LCB, except Agger?

I know Skrtel has, when paired with Carra. But he's better on the right. Coates and the converted RBs (Wisdom and Kelly) also played on the right, didn't they?

Top Bottom