• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT13| This title has been fixed

Fry

Liverpool has never won the Premier League. Arsenal has never won the Champions League. Liverpool has never won the Emirates Cup.

Arsenal wins.

Liverpool have won the english title, more than Arsenal, which is the same thing as the Premier League but with a different name. Emirates Cup is a made up trophy with the purpose to make them feel better about their incapacity of winning a real trophy.

Liverpool wins.

Barca should go for Courtois. Lukaku should stay at Chelsea provided he's given a chance.

BlindCommunication, why don't you rate him? Been fantastic this season.

Well, I'm overdoing it a bit too. :)
Because I think people are getting overly excited about him. It's ridiculous to say he would be tearing it up at Chelsea right now and be ahead of Torres or Ba.

Fair enough, he's doing well at WBA, better than expected but let's not kid ourselves, he would have not scored the same goals coming off the bench at Chelsea had he stayed. If Sturridge wasn't good enough after returning from his Bolton loan, Lukaku is still miles away from the caliber of striker you'd expect for Chelsea.

He's improved his finishing lately but he's still pretty rough around the edges, technically. Chelsea should let him stay on loan one more season at least. The last thing he needs is rotting on the bench behind Torres or losing confidence after a poor streak. Benteke is a better striker at the moment and would anyone say Benteke is a good enough striker for Chelsea? Hell, even Ba who is better than both is probably not good enough for a club like Chelsea.

Rodgers will have a better season once he wins the Europa League.

2LZoNf1.png

ShogunX

Fucking hell RAWK.....Fucking hell.

It's far too much for even me to take. People are giving up the sport because of tonight's result...Others are blaming Borini.

Salvadora

Liverpool have won the english title, more than Arsenal, which is the same thing as the Premier League but with a different name. Emirates Cup is a made up trophy with the purpose to make them feel better about their incapacity of winning a real trophy.

Liverpool wins.

Some good line-ups for a made up trophy.
4LP0cFZ.png

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Fucking hell RAWK.....Fucking hell.

It's far too much for even me to take. People are giving up the sport because of tonight's result...Others are blaming Borini.

The player who deserves blame is Agger. He was called upon twice and failed twice.

Some good line-ups for a made up trophy.
4LP0cFZ.png

are you arguing about a pre-season tournament

jtb

Banned
I wonder if Martinez (Wigan's coach) would have done a better job with Liverpool by now

Why wasn't AVB given a chance? He's doing pretty solidly at Spurs and has basically avoided all the issues that plagued him at Chelsea. His resume is more impressive than Martinez and Rodgers, anyways.

Yen

I don't think Rodgers is doing a bad job. Liverpool are playing well in terms of football.

But fuck me their signings have been woeful. Why wasn't Coutinho used tonight?
Because he's been injured and only started training on monday. He got 12 minutes.

Koptimism.
Ignoring the fact that we've just produced arguably our worst display (discounting Hodgson) since Houllier's era, I fully expect us to go there and smash Zenit, and pretty much end the tie in the first leg.

Liverpool still don't make enough clear chances for me.

I dunno, they had 20 shots but it's not often that you sense a goal is coming from them. There isn't enough conviction. Nowhere near enough people in the box.

Meier

Others are blaming Borini.

I think the Borini and Allen thing shows that sometimes you have to be careful about spending a bunch on a guy who did well for you at a much smaller club. The same thing arguably goes for Siggurdson.

And to think how much City were willing to splash on Agger over the summer. Hmm....

Supposedly. You have to take transfer stories with a grain of salt (especially the reported valuations).

sohois

I don't think Rodgers is doing a bad job. Liverpool are playing well in terms of football.

But fuck me their signings have been woeful. Why wasn't Coutinho used tonight?

I think the signings haven't been bad, been mixed really. Allen has been fine, a poor game against Utd doesn't change his form for the rest of the season. Borini has barely played because of his foot injury. Sahin failed but was just a loan. Even Assaidi who has barely played only cost like 1.5 mil or something.

also, what would've happened if Liverpool had been bought by that rich Chinese businessman?

That was never a real prospect, just Kenny Huang posturing for some reason

looolerpool

Anyway, just watched Silver Linings Playbook.

Was good, but I can't see why it was so well-received. Acting was good though, particularly from Cooper and De Niro. Director seems to have a fetish for Jennifer Lawrence's (admittedly amazing) arse
KuGsj.gif

3/5 for me.

jtb

Banned
looolerpool

Anyway, just watched Silver Linings Playbook.

Was good, but I can't see why it was so well-received. Acting was good though, particularly from Cooper and De Niro. Director seems to have a fetish for Jennifer Lawrence's (admittedly amazing) arse
KuGsj.gif

3/5 for me.

I liked David O Russel better when he was batshit insane. Three Kings is amazing.

Top Bottom