• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT13| This title has been fixed

bud

i said ""kind of parking the bus" in my first post. but you could definitely see after madrid's goal, and in the second half, that united were content with an away goal and were mostly focused on leaving there with a 1-1 result.

Fady K

i said ""kind of parking the bus" in my first post. but you could definitely see after madrid's goal, and in the second half, that united were content with an away goal and were mostly focused on leaving there with a 1-1 result.

Agreed.

pulga

Banned
Parking the bus means no attacking intent, the second you get it in possession you lump it forward and concede the ball once again and just focusing on containing your opponent and nothing else. Not sitting back and countering.

Chelsea and Inter countered though, yet we still call their performances the finest pieces of bus parking the game has ever seen.

Fady K

Chelsea and Inter countered though, yet we still call their performances the finest pieces of bus parking the game has ever seen.

In case you missed it up there Pulga, what did you think of Madrid's performance overall? Did you find them to be well below their best?

His refusal to come to Mexico used to anger me, but I've already accepted it. He's not Messi, and our current problems are not gonna be solved by him coming to the team or not.

The reason why you hate Vela so much, was that he left Chivas before he turned 18 for free. And he feels no attachment to such a shit club. Can't blame him :).

PS: when you're watching a mediocre game like Toluca vs Boca Juniors, don't type in caps every 10 minutes just for the sake of it. I know you want attention, but hyping up a shit game as the next best thing is hilarious.

Real are shit in possession though. That's why it's actually often safer to give it to them than let them counter. They fucking sucked in the second half because they struggle to create unless they're countering.

pulga

Banned
Not even the second half, more like the start and end of it overall IMO. They were more entertaining than Chelsea against Bayern though, in the sense that they tried to attack from time to time.

Pulga, what did you think of Madrid's performance overall? Did you find them to be well below their best?

Really below their best, we're missing the dynamite from last season where we could take our chances and make them count. We're far too wasteful front of goal, due to the fact Di Maria, Benzema and Higuain have become shit, basically. Ozil's aversion to shooting doesn't help at all, and we can't rely on Cristiano to do everything. We're also sorely missing Marcelo at LB, his swashbuckling runs with Cristiano down the flank were a feast to see, last season. They set up tons of goals that way. Coentrao just doesn't cut it.

Also, Ramos is a dickhead and can't defend for shit anymore. God what's wrong with this team.

Wilbur

Banned

Inter at San Siro = not parking the bus, they attacked an awful lot from what I remember
Inter at the Nou Camp = no attacking intent whatsoever

Chelsea both home and away = their attacks were basically lumping it out of the box every time they got the ball until it happened to fall to Lampard once, Ramires breaks through and scores. The second leg it was just ludicrous, no attempt to play it out whatsoever, and their goals were again just from aimless lumps. Not criticising that style, but there's a notable difference between what Chelsea did and what Inter did.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
como falcao puta

Ashley_Cole_Chelsea_8b16.jpg

I need your champions League final gifs WoodenLung, mi amor.

Real are shit in possession though. That's why it's actually often safer to give it to them than let them counter. They fucking sucked in the second half because they struggle to create unless they're countering.

I should also add to this that teams like Arsenal and City would probably have not approached the game like we did and would have suffered badly for it.

Wes

venison crêpe
Al Jazeera is on at work, they present news stories like documentaries, it's pretty cool actually :lol

I often find myself watching their longer articles mainly due to this style. It's very engaging and makes a welcome change from the rolling repetitive news of traditional news channels.

Wilbur

Banned
Wow, that's a shocker. Appearently he shot her twice, thinking she was a burglar... :/

Police have said they weren't the source for that rumour apparently, and surely he'd say hello or there would be some visual or aural clue. I ain't buying it.

City already went there and were on the ropes throughout.

They got totally outplayed and Madrid had 35 shots that night. City had 8.

Arsenal are shit.

True, true. But Arsenal would have played the game with flair and skill (lol), and would have tried to match RM on 'deserve points' even though they'd get utterly spanked on 'goals'. But goals as a metric for winning a football match is ever so passe.

Wilbur

Banned
True, true. But Arsenal would have played the game with flair and skill (lol), and would have tried to match RM on 'deserve points' even though they'd get utterly spanked on 'goals'. But goals as a metric for winning a football match is ever so passe.

This is getting bookmarked by the way.

Just been reading some Bayern forums and LOL @ their score predictions

Some nonsense like 4-1 to Bayern. They must be dizzy

True, true. But Arsenal would have played the game with flair and skill (lol), and would have tried to match RM on 'deserve points' even though they'd get utterly spanked.
In fairness that is probably not a bad idea for a team like Arsenal. I know they've conceded fewer goals than us this season but they aren't a team which can play with the type of defensive discipline we did last night.

If they tried to play like that Vermaelen and Bosscielny would just slice a clearance or let the ball bounce in the box and Ronaldo would score 5.

Yen

Wow, that's a shocker. Appearently he shot her twice, thinking she was a burglar... :/

He shot her four times and South Africa police spokeswoman says there have been previous incidents of "a domestic nature" reported at Oscar Pistorius home

Top Bottom