• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT13| This title has been fixed

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Football-GAF, I present you my latest mancrush:

emma-klopp1.jpg

He's amazing

fuenf

Final Fantasy 12 cured me from my World of Warcraft addiction. BEST GAME EVER!

(9, 10 are great too, even 13 has its moments)

Fady K

May I recommend a game guys? Deus Ex: Human Revolution is FANTASTIC . I am playing it now and loving it big time.

If I think about it, I think Heavy Rain / Mass Effect /Dragon Age und Uncharted were my favorite games this generation.

Nice to see another footygaffer loving Heavy Rain as well <3

I want Final Fantasy back.

My God...back in the late 90s whenever a new Final Fantasy game out it provided the best RPG standards - new and interesting gameplay systems, beautiful graphics, interesting stories, great music. I think I have not truly enjoyed any final fantasy games other than XII since 2001. 12 years! Holy crap. Square ain't the same these past few years.

Thanks for this Fady :)

Nothing to get excited for then

Edit: Mario and Luigi dream world would be good if its anything like the past RPG games

You're most welcome bro :] There's another event next week I think. Will try to summarize it here as well.

Salvadora

Its' nice of them to hold these events and all. But much of it is just a recap and release dates with nothing new. I just found out though that they'll hold yet another ND next week. Hopefully they will have more new things to share then.

But lots of this stuff is new in that it hasn't been announced for the US/UK. That is big news for some. Mario/Luigi, Mario Golf etc. may not appeal to you but they are new regardless.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Surely 13 is the beginning of the end?
The signs started with X. It's when experimentation for the sake of experimentation began hardcore and the franchise started to dilute into another monster altogether. Also the script is SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT.

Kyoufu

The signs started with X. It's when experimentation for the sake of experimentation began hardcore and the franchise started to dilute into another monster altogether. Also the script is SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT.

Loved the story in X. Loved itttttttt.

You basically described X-2 btw.

Full of experimentation and a god awful script.

Fady K

But lots of this stuff is new in that it hasn't been announced for the US/UK. That is big news for some. Mario/Luigi, Mario Golf etc. may not appeal to you but they are new regardless.

I can understand that - I meant that most of the stuff they discussed is not new at all. Mario Golf and Mario/Luigi were among the very few new things. Maybe I got spoiled by the amount of hype by GAF on it.

Kyoufu

Loved Deus Ex HR except for the stealth.

Cyberpunk is criminally underused in video games.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Kinda hard to hate on job systems to be honest.

That's like one scene and I thought it was nice of Tidus to try to cheer her up and keep her motivated throughout the whole game. When people try to mock FFX they only use that scene as ammo. They fail to bring up any other bad moments because simply, there were none.

Fady K

Too bad the story sucks ass. Everything at the end feels rushed.

What? I loved the story.

Hmm...I wonder how I'll feel about it. So far the story has begun picking up for me.
Just finished Montreal for the first time

Story in X is one of my favourites in gaming.

As for Deus Ex Human Revolution, it's in my top 5 games of the generation.

*Brofist* Loving it far more than I ever imagined. Exploring and hacking into new areas in the game is SO FUN.

Also, for its' time X had a great story. Easily one of the last great final fantasies.

Yen

Very strong Liverpool side. Don't expect a win however.
DE: Human Revolution is one of my favourite games, and not just of this gen.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
That's like one scene and I thought it was nice of Tidus to try to cheer her up and keep her motivated throughout the whole game. When people try to mock FFX they only use that scene as ammo. They fail to bring up any other bad moments because simply, there were none.
I will admit that the English dub may have biased me against the whole thing. I found the entire narrative around Yuna and her pilgrimage to be annoying instead of endearing, and that the rest of the cast suffered because of the focus on her. But that's just me.

Then again, who the fuck plays Final Fantasy for the story? They are all crap.

Fady K

Loved Deus Ex HR except for the stealth.

Cyberpunk is criminally underused in video games.

I love the stealth in it bro :D I still prefer taking down everyone - this way I can explore the area freely.

Agreed regarding the cyberpunk element; we need more games like that. The Witcher devs should provide an excellent cyberpunk adventure for us all when they release the aptly named Cyberpunk 2077.

Salvadora

I can understand that - I meant that most of the stuff they discussed is not new at all. Mario Golf and Mario/Luigi were among the very few new things. Maybe I got spoiled by the amount of hype by GAF on it.

I think people are spoiled because Nintendo holds many of these and another with different content may appeal to you more. Nintendo have announced an incredible amount of games in the last month at these events.

Fady K

Very strong Liverpool side. Don't expect a win however.
DE: Human Revolution is one of my favourite games, and not just of this gen.

<3 Pleasantly surprised with the love the game has gotten from the few of you on this page :D

I enjoyed the plots of a few of the games back then. I was 12 - 14 years old when I did though, nowadays I find them to be HORRIBLE.

The FF games that I enjoyed the plots for were FF6, 7, and Tactics.

Kyoufu

I will admit that the English dub may have biased me against the whole thing. I found the entire narrative around Yuna and her pilgrimage to be annoying instead of endearing, and that the rest of the cast suffered because of the focus on her. But that's just me.

I love the stories and worlds of FFIX, FFX, FFXI, FFXII (Ivalice).

They're certainly not The Wire level of plots but they gel gameplay and story into a video game perfectly.

FF13 is just ugh. Not even worthy as a bad anime.

elseanio

Someone just asked if they could buy my dog for £1000! They can fuck off. I'm worried they seen where I live and will try to take him :(

Wes

venison crêpe
Someone just asked if they could buy my dog for £1000! They can fuck off. I'm worried they seen where I live and will try to take him :(

Why not buy another dog for less than that amount that looks like your dog, take it for a walk and bump in to that same person again and sell that dog.

Profit.

elseanio

Tell him to go and get one of his own... Your dog isn't the only one in the world lol

I know, can't be that hard to find a wolf, they're pretty popular nowadays (even though Juneau is a rare breed, though I doubt this guy knew that)

Why would you want a 10 month old dog for £1000 when you could buy a puppy for that?

Why not buy another dog for less than that amount that looks like your dog, take it for a walk and bump in to that same person again and sell that dog.

Profit.

Haha, now that's an idea!

Yen

Pool team against Petrograd:

Reina, Johnson, Enrique, Carragher, Skrtel, Allen, Henderson, Gerrard, Sterling, Downing, Suarez.

subs: Jones, Coates, Lucas, Borini, Shelvey, Suso, Wisdom.

5pm, ITV4

Timurid

You'd get owned.
You're going to get owned 2 times in the coming weeks
March 5th bro.
Thanks bro.
lol Timurid
Verratti will probably leave in his 30s.
Are you confuziz's Italian alt?

Both of you support teams newly financed by oil money as a second team and hate United as much as most lolerpool fans. You're like a bad caricature of a plastic supporter.
The only club I hate is juve. I just dislike utd atm.

Kyoufu

His talents are wasted on Final Fantasy. The simple very-mid nineties design of VII were great, but he keeps on lavishing his characters up and up with unnecessary clothing. He should be a fashion designer.

Versus!

Nothing over the top in that game. I think it could be his best yet.

if it's ever released

spidye

Nomura can draw. That beautiful man.

It's a shame Toriyama can't write!

wait what? serah and vanille are the worst character designs I'v ever seen in a video game. sazh is down right offensive.

or what the hell is this? some sort of stripper armor?
Lightning_FFXIII-2_Side_Render.png

Kyoufu

wait what? serah and vanille are the worst character designs I'v ever seen in a video game. sazh is down right offensive.

That's not his fault. He's just told to draw a character based on Toriyama's description of him/her.

Direct all the hate at Toriyama.

Top Bottom