• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT13| This title has been fixed

fuenf

It makes little sense, is full of (convenient) plotholes, barely touches the few interesting points it brings up (and then throws away) and doesn't resolve much, not to mention the last boss comes out of nowhere and the ending is shit.

It has maybe the dumbest moment of this generation. Spoiler for very late into the game, don't read unless you've finished it:
Oh, I gotta run away from the guards. Let's just jump into this pod. - BUY DLC THAT DOESN'T REALLY EXPLAIN SHIT - Hey, I woke up in the super secret base of the villain. Yay.

It's unfortunate because I had a ton of fun with the game until I realised there was essentially no plot development. There's a lot of great dialogue and a few great moments, which makes me hate the story even more for fucking up what could've been an amazing masterpiece.

I can't really agree or disagree with you. You can miss large chunks of the storyline by choosing the wrong route / dialogue option or not reading E-Mails/PDAs, so it's hard to compare our experiences. All I can say is that I loved the plot and experienced a coherent storyline without many plotholes (I'll give you the spoilered one, but it didnt bother me in the slightest).

Ending Spoilers:
The ending felt a little bit unsatisfying but it fit with the story and therefore I liked it too, it can't always be a happy ending. The endings videos were great and it's scary to think that every single one of them made valid arguments. But yeah, the boss fights felt disconnected from the rest of the game and add didnt add anything of value to it.

The post credits scene felt like a kick in the balls, though.

bud

Pool team against Petrograd:

Reina, Johnson, Enrique, Carragher, Skrtel, Allen, Henderson, Gerrard, Sterling, Downing, Suarez.

subs: Jones, Coates, Lucas, Borini, Shelvey, Suso, Wisdom.

5pm, ITV4

do you know what's going on with assaidi?

Fady K

Yeah it was fucking fantastic, loved the whole feel of it. Soundtrack was especially good.

DAT MAIN MENU MUSIC!

I think people are spoiled because Nintendo holds many of these and another with different content may appeal to you more. Nintendo have announced an incredible amount of games in the last month at these events.

I personally felt like they did not announce much. Credit to them for one thing though, the WiiU announcements that came a few weeks ago. Those were decent. But one can't help but feel that most of the stuff they have shown is not coming till much, much later. I mean - if the Wind Waker re-make is coming towards the end of the year, how long will the other games take?

Their games lineup for the WiiU in the next 5-6 months is atrocious. Even the 3DS lineup has just a handful of games that are interesting in the next 4-5 months, Mario/Luigi-games included.

At least they are trying. And as long as their big fans are happy, then that counts too.

Kyoufu

Liverpool fans

Who is responsible for your signings in the Rodgers era? Is it still the manager or do you have a #basedMarwood?

spidye

Fuck football.

yeah. football's been dead anyway.

why aren't you guys talking about this?

Galaxies_wallpapers_354.jpg

I can't even remember the last time I had so much fun with a video game.

Wilbur

Banned
Just watched the highlights of last night, good 8 minute video. Even from that I can tell we weren't parking the bus, you big collection of fucking morons :lol

Had five in the box at that Giggs shot, fucking odd shit comes out of some of your fingers after a football match.

feel

Seeing you post reminds me of Jackson missing that penalty. Colombians are terrible at penalties.

I remember Falcao missed one against Peru in the Copa América that would've won us the game.

Let Moutinho take them. Letters do you know if James will be fit to play against Malaga next week?
He will! Sorry for the late reply, catching up on the thread.

pulga

Banned
Pulga, come on man. He touches his chin and then his neck and Ramos goes down holding his eyes/face. If Ramos had done the same to Busquets and Busquets reacted like that you'd go nuts. You're being biased; fair enough, but how you can react like that is odd considering how I know you'd react if the tables were turned.

Ramos could've died, man.

Fady K

Where are the CFC fans? We have far too little in these threads :/

What do you guys think? Another record to be broken during the Benitez era (even though the CL exit is not his fault one bit)? First champions league holders to get knocked out of the group phase and subsequently get knocked out of the first group of matches they play at the Europa League?

Kyoufu

What do you guys think? Another record to be broken during the Benitez era (even though the CL exit is not his fault one bit)? First champions league holders to get knocked out of the group phase and subsequently get knocked out of the first group of matches they play at the Europa League?

You'll probably steamroll the competition and claim you're champions of Europe.

fuenf

#ChampionsOfEuropa

pulga

Banned
joke already made, you dc cunt

Goddammit I should've kept on reading.

And of course I was being a biased cunt yesterday, if it was Ramos who'd done it and RVP flopped to the floor I would've been calling for the head of his wife and any children he might have :lol

bud

united were mostly just sitting back in the second half. just because they had a few chances doesn't negate that.

Wilbur

Banned

You'll get to the final and then park the Man Utd bus until Falcao signs for you at half time and you beat Atletico 11-0

Goddammit I should've kept on reading.

And of course I was being a biased cunt yesterday, if it was Ramos who'd done it and RVP flopped to the floor I would've been calling for the head of his wife and any children he might have :lol

<3 u still

Just don't do it again

Fady K

You'll probably steamroll the competition and claim you're champions of Europe.

They're not good enough. Atletico Madrid tore them apart the last time they met. Liverpool can easily knock them out. Newcastle can even knock them out.

#ChampionsOfEuropa

Chelsea will be lucky if they make it to the Quarter-finals.

Name changed and snuck back in as Man Utd fans. Probably claiming to support them since 1989 for good measure.

gNaU5Ksl.gif

Wilbur

Banned
united were mostly just sitting back in the second half. just because they had a few chances doesn't negate that.

They parked the bus. Regardless of what Sal wants to call it.

Can you not understand the difference between sitting back/countering and 'parking the bus'? I'm about 40 minutes into the game now and perhaps things change completely, but parking the bus implies absolute negativity. Nothing of the sort so far.

Fady K

I'm not saying this because I'm the anti-United person of footygaf but I definitely felt like they were parking the bus most of the time. Though to be fair to them, the first and last few minutes of the second half they were attacking a little. Madrid made far too many mistakes as well to be honest. Even Ronaldo, one of the only good performers last night in a Madrid shirt, passed to a United player, twice. Maybe he forgot that he's now a Madrid player haha.

You'll get to the final and then park the Man Utd bus until Falcao signs for you at half time and you beat Atletico 11-0

Even Falcao would flop at Chelsea unless they play as a team more often. They do play as a team under Benitez...like once every 6-7 games.

pulga

Banned
Can you not understand the difference between sitting back/countering and 'parking the bus'? I'm about 40 minutes into the game now and perhaps things change completely, but parking the bus implies absolute negativity. Nothing of the sort so far.

It wasn't a full fledged double decker bus ala Chelsea and Inter, it was more so like an RV or one of those trailers hillbillys like.

Fady K

The ends justify the means. Ask Fady K.

I agree. As long as its' not dirty at least (diving for instance). No one can blame United for parking the bus (IMO they mostly did park the bus and counter on occasions) because it worked almost perfectly for them yesterday.

AndresON777

shooting blanks

They only did it in the second half my love

Wilbur

Banned
Parking the bus means no attacking intent, the second you get it in possession you lump it forward and concede the ball once again and just focusing on containing your opponent and nothing else. Not sitting back and countering.

Fady K

Not even the second half, more like the start and end of it overall IMO. They were more entertaining than Chelsea against Bayern though, in the sense that they tried to attack from time to time.

Pulga, what did you think of Madrid's performance overall? Did you find them to be well below their best?

Top Bottom