• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT13| This title has been fixed

dc89

Barca are my only hope left betting wise. Over 3.5 goals at 4/5. Put my last £5 on it.
Fuck Blackpool and fuck PNE for winning.

Suen

I can only imagine how I will feel if Arsenal gets kicked out of this CL round and if RVP will be the man responsible if Madrid gets kicked out of it as well. Might as well drop the whole season then :(

To Arsenal? Lol

Damn, Malaga look scary

You don't understand. At this point anything is good for Arse.

Jack must be sitting the dressing room right now thinking...do I really want to be stuck here for the rest of my career?

Playing for this shit team, stuck under the shadow of Gervinho's forehead.

Clock's ticking on his departure.

Arnie

Jack must be sitting the dressing room right now thinking...do I really want to be stuck here for the rest of my career?

Playing for this shit team, stuck under the shadow of Gervinho's forehead.

Clock's ticking on his departure.

This must be one of your troll posts.

Wilshere's going nowhere.

Well what do you know!

That's football for you, go somewhere and stay solid and if you get a bit of luck you can always snatch it! Can't believe some know nothing rovers fans were complaining at half time saying we were embarrassing by being so negative

Good good goal by Formica, it's true Jeff, he really does look like Kaka lol

He really does lol

Losing a game like this is in itself disappointing, but if you measure it against the context of our season so far, it is nothing short of devastating. If we don't produce a phenomenal display against the Germans now, the emotive backlash could very well derail our entire Premier League campaign.

But its like this every year. Wenger out? What manager could do any better with this squad? Because truth to be told, we have only a good squad, not a very good one much less one great enough to seriously challenge. I can't hold Wenger to blame - he has built great sides for us before, but we are increasingly lacking in resources to compete in the modern climate of financial super weights. The only way for Arsenal to become consistent title challengers is i) if the new FFP rules effectively undermine Chelsea and Manchester City and ii) our sponsorship deals equip us generously.

Until then, berating the side or indeed the manager does nothing but fuel a depressing cloud over the team. Wenger is trying, and he is trying for us. He doesn't have to stay at Arsenal and damage his name, but he stays because the club is just as important to him as it is us.

faridmon

Wilshere have more chance winning a trophy with Everton than at Arsenal and that says a lot.

cue for us getting knocked out of cup later

This must be one of your troll posts.

Wilshere's going nowhere.
It's not.

If this is the state Arsenal are perpetually stuck in...he won't stay forever. I may well be wrong, it's just my opinion...but I don't think a player that good will stay at a club which tries so little to improve itself and give its players rewards financially or on the field.

Might not happen for 5 years yet...but eventually I think it will.

Unless they start spending money.

Arnie

It's not.

If this is the state Arsenal are perpetually stuck in...he won't stay forever. I may well be wrong, it's just my opinion...but I don't think a player that good will stay at a club which tries so little to improve itself and give its players rewards financially or on the field.

Might not happen for 5 years yet...but eventually I think it will.

Unless they start spending money.

Arsenal are still a really big club, even if they haven't won anything for a while. I could see him leaving to go to, say, Barcelona, but there's no way he'd leave his team for United.

Dortmund stadium takes my breath away every time I see it. Phenomenal.

Losing a game like this is in itself disappointing, but if you measure it against the context of our season so far, it is nothing short of devastating. If we don't produce a phenomenal display against the Germans now, the emotive backlash could very well derail our entire Premier League campaign.

But its like this every year. Wenger out? What manager could do any better with this squad? Because truth to be told, we have only a good squad, not a very good one much less one great enough to seriously challenge. I can't hold Wenger to blame - he has built great sides for us before, but we are increasingly lacking in resources to compete in the modern climate of financial super weights. The only way for Arsenal to become consistent title challengers is i) if the new FFP rules effectively undermine Chelsea and Manchester City and ii) our sponsorship deals equip us generously.

Until then, berating the side or indeed the manager does nothing but fuel a depressing cloud over the team. Wenger is trying, and he is trying for us. He doesn't have to stay at Arsenal and damage his name, but he stays because the club is just as important to him as it is us.

I'm sorry Meus but Wenger assembled this terrible squad. Only he is to blame.

Meier

It's a good save but I think he's making it look better than it is. He got two hands on it and it's an easy height and distance away for him.

Yeah, if the ball hadn't curved so much back towards the center of the goal, it would have been more impressive. As is, it was a very good save but something every keeper at a top club should make.

Clegg

Gary Lineker ‏@GaryLineker

Chins up @piersmorgan you've only got Bayern Munich next
Retweeted by Wayne Rooney

michael owen ‏@themichaelowen

@piersmorgan Evening Chubby. You ok?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
jbdjNEjdF8Ycfp.jpg

Downloading the game!
3AQmK.gif
3AQmK.gif
3AQmK.gif
3AQmK.gif
3AQmK.gif
3AQmK.gif

AndresON777

shooting blanks
I can only imagine how I will feel if Arsenal gets kicked out of this CL round and if RVP will be the man responsible if Madrid gets kicked out of it as well. Might as well drop the whole season then :(

You don't understand. At this point anything is good for Arse.

You'll keep buying ligue 1 players and you'll like it.

Arsenal are still a really big club, even if they haven't won anything for a while. I could see him leaving to go to, say, Barcelona, but there's no way he'd leave his team for United.

Dortmund stadium takes my breath away every time I see it. Phenomenal.
Not saying he'd leave for United.

Arnie

Not saying he'd leave for United.

Besides Barcelona or Real I don't see where he'd go, and I'm not sure those two would be in for him. Thus, can't really see him leaving Arsenal. He's still going to be playing at a very high level, and they've tied him and Theo down to long contracts, so presumably they're going to build a squad around them.

Bumhead

Banned
Phil Thompson has just said "Jack Butland should do better at his near post from there".

I wonder when the wider football media will realise Butland is cack? A selection as third choice England 'keeper does not a good Goalkeeper make.

Thanks! First time i've seen him speaking another language, he's so much better at expressing himself in english(and it's only a few words) than in italian. :lol

He speaks a bit more during the whole thing, it's a good documentary well worth watching! :p

:lol

arkon

:D

Extra bonus of pissing off Piers Morgan when Arsenal lose.

(Sorry other Arsenal fans)

Besides Barcelona or Real I don't see where he'd go, and I'm not sure those two would be in for him. Thus, can't really see him leaving Arsenal. He's still going to be playing at a very high level, and they've tied him and Theo down to long contracts, so presumably they're going to build a squad around them.
Walcott's contract was only 3 years.

If they don't finish in the CL places this year I can see them missing out for the next few years.

Top Bottom