• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT13| This title has been fixed

faridmon

@MarioBaloltelli

Arsenal.... pic.twitter.com/Tfxqa5wO

BDPegqYCYAA736z.jpg

Wonderfully done

EihUX4G.gif

It's not.

If this is the state Arsenal are perpetually stuck in...he won't stay forever. I may well be wrong, it's just my opinion...but I don't think a player that good will stay at a club which tries so little to improve itself and give its players rewards financially or on the field.

Might not happen for 5 years yet...but eventually I think it will.

Unless they start spending money.
You mean like Suarez too.

Arnie

Walcott's contract was only 3 years.

If they don't finish in the CL places this year I can see them missing out for the next few years.
Well I can certainly agree with the latter comment.

From firsthand experience once you're out it's very hard to get back in.

You mean like Suarez too.

Suarez is a different kettle of fish.

As much as he maintains that he's happy playing for Liverpool, and that he keeps wanting new contracts, I'm sure that another 18 months of perpetual mediocrity will change his mind. Wilshere, on the other hand, is Arsenal through and through. Hence why I'm skeptical of all this 'Jack will go' nonsense. He's their Gerrard.

Reus is a fucking beast. So is Gotze. Magical partnership.

Fry

Lol would have never thought you would feel that way considering the way you feel about United.

Rooney's a twat.

Yeah, I know, it's weird. I think he's a special player, so I can't hate on him.

He's been cack for the past months though. Blame it on RVP.

As much as he maintains that he's happy playing for Liverpool, and that he keeps wanting new contracts, I'm sure that another 18 months of perpetual mediocrity will change his mind. Wilshere, on the other hand, is Arsenal through and through. Hence why I'm skeptical of all this 'Jack will go' nonsense. He's their Gerrard.

Reus is a fucking beast. So is Gotze. Magical partnership.
I agree. Wilshere can be in for the long run. Hopefully Arsenal gets a good striker next year.

They used to be so awesome in the past.

:lol

still no idea why everyone hates him

He's just a cunt, really. He trash talks worse than us here all the time and then acts like a little baby when Arsenal bottles it all up again, the meltdowns are both hilarious and sad.

jkZeho1.jpg

Him and Nasri had some hilarious twitter battles too.

@piersmorgan
I hear Nasri just got booked for possession of an offensive face.

Blablurn

He's just a cunt, really. He trash talks worse than us here all the time and then acts like a little baby when Arsenal bottles it all up again, the meltdowns are both hilarious and sad.

jkZeho1.jpg

Him and Nasri had some hilarious twitter battles too.

@piersmorgan
I hear Nasri just got booked for possession of an offensive face.

Thanks for the information, mate!

Remember how close Gerrard was to leaving?

And he's always been given top contracts and has always won things at Liverpool. He has a pretty extensive collection, without the league title of course.

Perhaps it's wrong to say Wilshere is definitely going to leave, I admit that. Think it's equally silly to say he never will. There is always a chance. If Gerrard was on the verge of it...

Suen

Losing a game like this is in itself disappointing, but if you measure it against the context of our season so far, it is nothing short of devastating. If we don't produce a phenomenal display against the Germans now, the emotive backlash could very well derail our entire Premier League campaign.

But its like this every year. Wenger out? What manager could do any better with this squad? Because truth to be told, we have only a good squad, not a very good one much less one great enough to seriously challenge. I can't hold Wenger to blame - he has built great sides for us before, but we are increasingly lacking in resources to compete in the modern climate of financial super weights. The only way for Arsenal to become consistent title challengers is i) if the new FFP rules effectively undermine Chelsea and Manchester City and ii) our sponsorship deals equip us generously.

Until then, berating the side or indeed the manager does nothing but fuel a depressing cloud over the team. Wenger is trying, and he is trying for us. He doesn't have to stay at Arsenal and damage his name, but he stays because the club is just as important to him as it is us.
Our defense is quite bad, granted we've had injuries but regardless it's been in a poor shape for a pretty long time. The addition of Monreal might change things once he's gotten more used to playing with the team but even that might not be enough itself. Our attack is pretty bad itself, often finding itself lost on how to break through the opponents whenever we are about to enter their penalty area. Sometimes we do great, other times we do horrible and are completely fragmented. The strong inconsistency in the team does not help us one bit and it won't help us to win any cups or leagues either. In my opinion, aside from needing a really good striker (unless our current ones manage to sort their shit out) the team need better coordination. I would say we need a better defense too but with the arrival of Monreal and having Gibbs injured I'd like to wait and see how things are going to develop instead. I am not sure if it's Wenger we should be blaming for our current poor shape. Just my two cents anyway.

Arnie

I agree. Wilshere can be in for the long run. Hopefully Arsenal gets a good striker next year.

They used to be so awesome in the past.

They used to be frightening, I'd go to bed with nightmares about Pires' goatee.

Remember how close Gerrard was to leaving?

And he's always been given top contracts and has always won things at Liverpool. He has a pretty extensive collection, without the league title of course.

Perhaps it's wrong to say Wilshere is definitely going to leave, I admit that. Think it's equally silly to say he never will. There is always a chance. If Gerrard was on the verge of it...

Gerrard thought Liverpool and Rafa didn't want him. He explored other options, his head turned, but he still stayed. I don't think Wenger will ever make that mistake with Wilshere.

Clegg

still no idea why everyone hates him

He's a horrible, horrible man who used his position as tabloid newspaper editor to stalk his enemies and attempt to ruin their personal lives. He's also guilty of insider trading and printing fake pictures of torture to boost paper sales.

He's a cunt.

FootballFan

Good to see Baptista back for Malaga, he was injured for so long.

Fucking cunt scored the winner against Barca like 5 seasons ago in the Clasico :(

Blablurn

He's a horrible, horrible man who used his position as tabloid newspaper editor to stalk his enemies and attempt to ruin their personal lives. He's also guilty of insider trading and printing fake pictures of torture to boost paper sales.

He's a cunt.

now i understand, thanks

Zabojnik

Zabo pls. Leave all the Barca cunts alone, you're asking for trouble.

Except for David Villa, of course. And maybe Alexis Sanchez.

I was just trying to piss off the glory hunting cunt that is FootballFan. Yesterday I found out he's from the land of the Hobbits and suddenly everything came together.

arkon

Yeah, but on the other hand we don't lose against teams like Blackburn and Bradford. That has to count for something.

Well. You take whatever victories you can, mate. There's only so many competitions you can win and it's usually the top teams sharing the spoils.

Top Bottom