• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT13| This title has been fixed

jtb

Banned
Disaster game man. Aside from Wilshere it's like we have an uncaring squad and I maintain again in order for our squad to progress Giroud has got to go. Either sold or bench but not main man.

Yeah, shitty result but, let's face it, unsurprising. Giroud's not the problem, but he certainly isn't helping. The midfield isn't good enough to compensate for the rest of the team, as it had in the past, the defense remains terrible. There is no desire in these players, not in the big games, not in the games in the cup, not in the games against the minnows, not against anybody.

We can beat Bayern. There is enough talent in this squad to do it, I'm confident of that. But we won't. Part of that is you just know Wenger's tactical approach is bound to be completely wrong. And part of that is no one gives a shit. I just worry that Wenger will risk Wilshere for the game; his fitness gambles never pay off, especially in the Champions League. Last thing we need is Wilshere out with another lengthy injury.

At this point, I really think Wenger needs to go back to 4-4-2. 4-3-3 in Europe is fine for security, but this team doesn't look like it'll ever be able to defend so we at least need to outscore the opposition. Giroud and Walcott alone aren't good enough to create chances and finish them. 4-3-3 worked when we only had an Henry/RVP or only had a Fabregas but now we don't have any kind of superstar so there's no point in building the team around one that doesn't exist.

FootballFan

Buffon. I think Casillas is fantastic but avoids a lot of flak that he should get sometimes.

Casillas has a horrible goalkick and is very bad during free kicks. Corners too. He is still obviously one of the best.

He is still way....way better than Adan. Idiot Mourinho.

edit
fuck, always so late to these discussions.

Wilbur

Banned
Lol I have no response to that. I think I have a chance with some painkillers and booze. Add a little weed too. We're friends shell get over it.

WHy don't you and I and Willkiller just all make out and we'll just see what happens if we introduce some crystal meth and the penis of a dead mule

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Some day I want to meet all of Andres family, just like live in a collective with them for a month or two.

He wanted to leave himself and it was time to try something new, perfect ending really to his Chelsea career.

I have guy cousins that will hit on you and I will not hesitate to Oscar Pistorius you if you stray on me.

Get that in your fucking head

Clegg

Casillas has a horrible goalkick and is very bad during free kicks. Corners too. He is still obviously one of the best.

He is still way....way better than Adan. Idiot Mourinho.

edit
fuck, always so late to these discussions.

Now go look for what everyone was talking about an hour ago.

Wilbur

Banned
Thanks man. You're saying this because of my Evilore/ManU avatar ? :p

I'm parodying myself somewhat :lol, but that too! Don't really want him though. Seems an utterly pointless signing right now.

I have guy cousins that will hit on you and I will not hesitate to Oscar Pistorius you if you stray on me.

Get that in your fucking head

Stop making me laugh so hard :lol :lol :lol

casillas is a world class linekeeper, but when he needs to come out, he's just average.

He's better than average coming out, but yeah he's certainly not the best in the world. Great shot stopper but I don't think he controls a defence enough. Pepe and Ramos get a lot of blame for things Casillas should be sharing too.

Wilbur

Banned
Bollocks to that.

Find Romanzo Criminale or Braquo and watch them.

I'm just hopping through Netflix, vaguely remember some bird telling me Mighty Boosh is hilarious and I should give it a go even though I think its just being random and assuming that's funny instead of actually being funny.

Just sang a song with no humour whatsoever then said something about Mick Jagger and the Elephant Man. And then something about hammocks and cheese. I don't understand why people think this is funny.

Romanzo Criminale looks good tho

Fry

538096_495084187217168_174347567_n.jpg

:lol

Suen

Yeah, shitty result but, let's face it, unsurprising. Giroud's not the problem, but he certainly isn't helping. The midfield isn't good enough to compensate for the rest of the team, as it had in the past, the defense remains terrible. There is no desire in these players, not in the big games, not in the games in the cup, not in the games against the minnows, not against anybody.

We can beat Bayern. There is enough talent in this squad to do it, I'm confident of that. But we won't. Part of that is you just know Wenger's tactical approach is bound to be completely wrong. And part of that is no one gives a shit. I just worry that Wenger will risk Wilshere for the game; his fitness gambles never pay off, especially in the Champions League. Last thing we need is Wilshere out with another lengthy injury.

At this point, I really think Wenger needs to go back to 4-4-2. 4-3-3 in Europe is fine for security, but this team doesn't look like it'll ever be able to defend so we at least need to outscore the opposition. Giroud and Walcott alone aren't good enough to create chances and finish them. 4-3-3 worked when we only had an Henry/RVP or only had a Fabregas but now we don't have any kind of superstar so there's no point in building the team around one that doesn't exist.
Well said, I agree mostly with this. The defense is a dead end and at this point no matter how much focus you put on it you won't get satisfying results in return. Also as mentioned we don't really have any player which the ball would be centralized around so an even offensive approach might be overall more beneficial.

A 4-4-2 would more than likely guarantee that we will let in goal(s) but for this we will have more scoring opportunities and hopefully score more goals. At least it's better than the current way things are played; offense is disjointed while defense is clueless, making us below average in both parts especially as our midfield is not really good enough to support both (let alone one of them). I don't see why we shouldn't at least focus on one of them, offense or defense and based on the performance this season the answer to which is pretty clear. I do think the midfielders could perhaps play a bigger role but either way I favour an offensive formation, I simply have lost all faith in our defense.

Suen

Too bad Trolloteli is cup-tied. I would've liked to see him play vs Barca in the CL
Damn shame he is cup-tied. I was reading some football news a while ago, was some article hyping up the upcoming BarcaxMilan game and I was pretty excited until I realized Balotelli won't be there :/. This will show us at least how good Milan can perform one year later, Shawarmarawy will come to the rescue.

Carbonox

Happy Birthday Wooden. You magnificent cunt.

Oh man, remember when they banned that word? :lol :lol

This measly little community in the far reaches of NeoGAF's dark and dank Off-Topic Community section managing to get them to turn over the ban will go down as the greatest achievement in humanity's history.

FootballFan

Alexis is having a terrible season. Goodness me.

:lol it's incredible. When I used to watch him for Udinese, it was awesome. Ronaldo-like player. Even last season he was good for us.

This season, he is just so bad. I don't even know when the last time he did anything impressive was.

Guys... since you don't go to gaming side, gaming side comes to you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hvcps5dFzfc

So hyped.

PS2... :')

Holy shit that Wilbury bday gif... :eek:

Top Bottom