• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT13| This title has been fixed

Dont recall mentioning Arsenal but as the most watched or the 2nd most watched league in the world the premier league is.

I'm fairly sure its the most watched.

Barca and Real are probably the most watched teams, but the Premier League (its Premier for a reason) has a wider spread of interest I think

pappe

May I also add that this is the best thread title in the history of FootyGAF. Its only a matter of time till everyone on FootyGAF realize the true ability of the Great One and are guffawing when UEFA hand Messi another Ballon D'or when we all truely know that the person who deserves it the most is CLevGOD!

faridmon

yo farid

Oaf5Gvg.gif

Whatever, I'll provide my own as representation.

1rBXMJVl.gif

Lightning

Banned
Just because your club is in the 2nd most watched league doesn't mean your club is relevant.

So by your logic, Reading is more relevant than PSG because they're in the premier league? right?
No. Ronaldo's ego demands that he is on the biggest stage ever, have the biggest audience ever, worshipped by his teammates and those around him. Simply put the french league is too small for someone like Ronaldo entering the peak of his career. PSG is where you go to make a big pay packet, nothing more but Ronaldo wants so much more than this.

I'm fairly sure its the most watched.

Barca and Real are probably the most watched teams, but the Premier League (its Premier for a reason) has a wider spread of interest I think
I'm pretty sure it's the most watched as well but I wasn't sure.

Timurid

No. Ronaldo's ego demands that he is on the biggest stage ever, have the biggest audience ever, worshipped by his teammates and those around him. Simply put the french league is too small for someone like Ronaldo entering the peak of his career. PSG is where you go to make a big pay packet, nothing more but Ronaldo wants so much more than this.

I'm pretty sure it's the most watched as well but I wasn't sure.

Well, if the reports are true that he is unhappy at Madrid and wants out. What other club would he go to? PSG are the only club who can afford and would be suitable for him. Ronaldo would never go to another english club besides united. Italy is poor. Then you have Bayern and Pep is never going to take him. So he is only left with staying at Madrid or coming to Paris.

Salazar

Oh Mirror

Manchester United's Premier League title bid has suffered a major blow .................... – with Phil Jones set to be missing in action for a month with shingles.

All Honda does is ball at airports

4p8lKZU.png

Salazar

|OT13|Wilbury thought the old thread title was Clever(ly)

MVq94jV.gif

Awful.

Uefa has warned Manchester City and Paris Saint-Germain they will not be allowed to "cheat" its financial fair play rules, as new figures showed the scale of the challenge in stemming the flow of red ink across Europe and it emerged that two English clubs would have fallen foul of the rules had they been in place this season.

Releasing its latest report, which showed cumulative losses of clubs across Europe ballooned from €0.6bn (£0.52bn) to a record €1.7bn between 2007 and 2011, Uefa said that a simulation exercise based on the last three years had showed 46 clubs would have failed the break-even test.

"It is a hell of a lot of money and a very worrying situation that the clubs have the responsibility to take very seriously. It is not about just one club that might go bankrupt. The whole of football cares, because the consequences of a club going bankrupt are felt across the game," said Uefa's general secretary, Gianni Infantino, of the spiralling losses.

Of the 46 clubs that failed to break even, 20 made losses of more than the acceptable total of €45m over three seasons that would lead to sanctions of up to a ban from European competition. Two of the 20 are believed to be Chelsea and Manchester City. The exercise was based on figures for the three seasons between 2008 and 2011 and both clubs remain confident of complying when the first assessments begin for real next spring.

Chelsea posted their first profit of the Roman Abramovich era for their Champions League-winning season of 2011-12, partly thanks to one-off share dividends, but are expected to go back into the red this year. City's most recent results showed a loss of £97.9m.

Infantino insisted City's deal with Etihad, which will deliver more than £400m over 10 seasons, and Paris Saint-Germain's jaw-dropping deal with the Qatar Tourism Authority, which will deliver up to €200m per season, would be rigorously scrutinised to ensure they were fair.

Blablurn

Omg this guy must be soooo fucking sick Of Messi. Not a day must go by where people would come upto him asking abut Messi. I would be close to a freaking mental breakdown if I was him.

If i would get 20m a year, I wouldnt mind getting a mental breakdown lol

But I know what you mean. He would not only be the best footballer in the world but also the most important one if messi wouldn't exist. He would be #1 easily. Maybe he can step up to legendary tier if he wins the world cup one day but who believes that? Messi winning it in 2014 is more realistic. Especially since latin american teams are always favoured then the cup is in their continent.

dc89

I was just about to post that! Which reminds me, I need to unfollow Bayern on twitter since they stole the rightful heir to the City Job, my Pep.

Linius

If Tony Pulis was the manager of Belgium, they'd win the World Cup in 2014. That's a fact.

Belgium just have to accept they will never achieve something in international football. Their northren neighbour will always be the superior one.

But they have so many good players.

Cassano: "Now I like Milano much more. Before I didn't like it one bit, but now things have changed. The other teammates are great, there's a great spirit in the locker room, the youngsters are humble and the veterans are always available to help. I'm not afraid of the Derby. Balotelli? He's a good guy, but he loves to be on the newspapers unlike me."

Yeah, fuck you too. It's not like Milan did everything to put you back on your feet after you almost died, right?

Ungrateful cunt.

Belgium just have to accept they will never achieve something in international football. Their northren neighbour will always be the superior one.

But they have so many good players.

And these superior neighbors would also have no achievements in international football if not for a fluke van Basten shot.

I'm still bitter about 1988, and I wasn't even born yet!

Blablurn

691821922-gomez-K31.jpg

According to Gomez the media is trying to weaken us by over-dramatizing the whole "Robben is angry" story

Geomez seems like a classy guy though in that interview. He said: "What should the coach too? Suddenly using players who were injured for months even though the team keeps on winning?"

"I just wanna win the championshop and the last thing I'm gonna do is preventing it by complaining"

Other news:

680055499-petersen-2o09.jpg

Petersen wants to stay in Bremen. He said it depends if Bayern has plans with him or not. My opinion: Let him go.

722920480-rode_getty-2f09.jpg

Rumors say Rode is coming 2014. For Free. I say: I don't know. With Schweini, Kroos, Martinez and Guzstavo we have some good players for that position. Maybe as a replacement for Tymo? But Rode is actually too good for that.

263087-juergen-klopp-hat-mit-dortmund-noch-viel-vor_485x364.jpg

Klopp is a cunt.

Bumhead

Banned
Potential snow day today for me. There's a lorry jackknifed blocking my entire bus route which is interesting. Has been like that since half 7.

Snow days aren't the same though when you have a teething 3 month old. Might have felt better about it if I could sit in my pants playing Dark Souls all day.

I also had my heart sat on a McDonalds breakfast wrap this morning. God damn.

dc89

Right, ASOIAF GAF.

It's time to download book 3 on my Kindle. Now I see here that this book is split into two parts. I can either buy both parts or I can buy the complete book. Price is negligible.

Is there any pros or cons?!

Top Bottom